Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

Cleretic posted:

Oh, I got that cutscene. It's just, at best, too little too late. And doesn't really make him any better.

So, yeah. I got that cutscene, and I still want Prompto to go drown.

You are a monster and there is no hope for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Onmi posted:

Maybe FF7RE should have a director that isn't currently being the director of a different triple-A title. Maybe then it would get done quicker?

It should also have an actual director and not a glorified concept artist.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Nomura has directed the only consistently good franchise SE has made in the past 2 decades. Meanwhile SE upper managment has bungled every Big game they've tried to develop by stretching a creative workforce as thin as possible which led to multiple director walk outs. The Belt Man is not the issue and if you think he is you're a big doofus.

Nah he sucks rear end, and if you consider KH "consistently good" you have extremely low standards and extremely high tolerance for stupid bullshit. No one made him abandon real games for nonsense sidegames that make no sense, games that no one asked for. The fact that people will likely need to have played all of these myriad side games to understand where the story is at when KHIII finally comes out is just as much of a Bad Thing as the fact that his last two Triple A titles each floundered for 10 years. He's George Lucas in the prequel era, making stupid nonsense that no one asked for, completely misunderstanding what people liked about the things he created, and unable or unwilling to take any editing to make a better project.

If you think Nomura is not a problem at all then it is you in fact who are the big doofus.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

KH is good and better than 99% of FF games and I'm sorry you brain can't understand that just because they weren't on a home console doesnn't mean they aren't entry in the story.

I understand it but I think it was a loving stupid terrible idea to fracture the audience that way. It was a bad...direction for the franchise to take.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Tae posted:

The number of people that played the Witcher 3 while also completing 1 and 2 is way lower than you think.

People will jump on the newest numbered, canon series regardless and it'll ultimately not matter too much.

Witcher 3 has two things going for it that KH3 almost certainly will not have.

1) it doesn’t actually expect you to know much if anything from the prior games. It mostly introduces things from the books in ways that you can immediately grasp without having read the books and without doing shoehorned in info dumps.

2) it was a spectacularly good game.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Yoo-fee

edit: Red Ecks-Eye-Eye-Eye

Yoo-fee is correct and the fact that any idiots think it could even possibly be yuff-ee is mind blowing to me.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Probably because the pronunciation you wrote out, yuff-ee, is one letter away from the actual spelling of her name. From what I can tell, in the english language when the second letter is a 'u', there's a 50/50 chance it's going to be 'oo' or 'uh'. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it that i can discern

It’s a Japanese name that’s been romanicized it was never ever gonna be uff. Her name should really be Yufi but they wanted the name to look more natural or something.

Besides that I’m fairly confident that -ie at the end elongates the preceding vowel. I mean I don’t know if there’s an actual rule cause English is weird but I can’t think of a counter example off the top of my head.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

seiferguy posted:

7: PS4/Steam remaster

Doesn't this version have a "cleaned up" localization? I prefer my peak janky script from the original PS discs, but then not everyone still has their OG copy or a console to play them on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Schwartzcough posted:

So had all the other SeeDs, including ones that had been graduated for years and were way more experienced. Why did none of them have any agency? Why did they have to stand around demanding that Squall make decisions for them? Why were all the experienced mercenaries missing for the entire game? Quistis was supposed to be some child prodigy and had been in a leader role for some time, but just like all the rest she couldn't seem to do anything without Squall.

My point is that according to the story he's just another face in a crowd. There's nothing special about him compared to all the other Balamb-trained students. And yet the whole story revolves around him and requires him to be the driving force in the world.

Spoilers for a mad old game:

I haven’t watched the ending sequence in a long time but when Squall blips back to the past to when Edea receives her powers the first time, isn’t it implied or stated that her and Cid know who he is or can figure it out? So Cid puts Squall in charge all the time because he knows it’s gonna be him who saves the world/time.