Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Yeah, tons of reviews for Explorers just dropped out all at the same time today. If you were wondering like me, the game is all right, nothing particularly brilliant, not rubbish either. That does not justify the lack of demo and the review embargo, but S-E is gonna S-E.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

FF2 may have been the very first SaGa game.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Doc Morbid posted:

It pretty much was, both were designed by Akitoshi Kawazu. When FFII ended up being awful, Square took Kawazu off FF and gave him SaGa to mess around with.

Then when Matsuno left during FFXII's development, Kawazu was brought in to replace him as the director. Somehow, I feel he's responsible for poo poo like the Zodiac Spear.

That does explain a lot.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Sunning posted:

It was Hiroshi Minagawa who was brought in to split director duties with Hiroyuki Ito. Akitoshi Kawazu was the producer of the game. According to interviews by FFXII staff, Kawazu was the one who turned the game into a shippable product. The major problems with the game's development, such as miscommunication between teams or feature creep, were a structural issue than the fault of any one individual. Kawazu basically spent the last six months of development getting the teams working together and axing content/features that weren't working out.

That does explain even more, but it's less of a satisfying answer.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

The Cranberry Knights at your service.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

I just want a remaster of FF12 so drat much. The recent talk here got me to listen to the soundtrack today and it just made me long for the days I was strolling about Ivalice with my good friend Balthier and his wife with the sexy accent.

Between the improvements on that Japanese-only revision and the really lovely audio quality, it feels like it deserves a proper remaster that would be definitive version of it.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Chaotic Flame posted:

Finally picked up Type-0. Anything I should be aware of/watching out for? I know the plot mostly comes in the second playthrough.

Upgrade your dodging-related skills (there's quite a few) for all the characters you intend to control directly. Always bring a long range attacker and a healer. Don't worry about missing school events (green exclamation marks) but try to get as many as possible.

Also, master the death mark as best as you can because it will serve you well and upgrade thunder magic as much as possible because most bosses are weak to it.

e: oh, and try to rotate your team as much as possible. You'll want everyone at about the same level.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Feb 5, 2016

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

Can you grind, or is EXP a closed environment?

Oh, at any time. You can repeat every mission (on different difficulties which scale enemy levels) or walk about on the world map. I just mentioned it's better to rotate party members to avoid any need for grinding when the time comes.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

It's an Icelandic accent, AFAIK, and it's sexy as hell.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I would unironically prefer this :shobon:

It just came out and it's what you have been looking your whole life. Please do the honorable thing and buy a Wii U, so says the ghost of Satoru Iwata.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Ohtsam posted:

I wonder if they fixed tetra master glitching the gently caress out if you are insane enough to reach the highest card rank in the ff9 port.

This is the first I've heard of this; what would happen if you were to reach the highest rank?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Endorph posted:

ffta is better than fft

Oh, you.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

What can Yuna do for you~

Sing J-pop for one thing.

widespread posted:

Just one very major snag, though. I'd need a PS2 or a Vita to play it.

Or a PS3 or a PS4. That's a lot of choices.

But you should finish Bravely Default because it's the closest thing to FFV if that's what you really are looking for.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

This is the truest form of art.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Gorn Myson posted:

I was going to get one, cause I love IX and Vivi is adorable, then I saw the price and thought nah.

Vivi is priceless.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

TL posted:

Because he got high.

:eyepop:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

zedprime posted:

Someone in the old FF13 thread mentioned Snow looks like the sort who is always in a beanie because he has male pattern baldness and hair poking out of a beanie is the hip version of a combover. It stuck in my head so hard, it made the Snow bit in 13-2 hard to deal with the cognitive dissonance.

13-2's Snow is wearing a wig.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Reik posted:

Hey is this the place to make FF Explorer friends or should I use the 3DS thread?

Neither, there's a thread specifically for that.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Serious Kingdom Hearts fans -- you know the type, those guys who play all games and have all these theories -- they aren't good people.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

I rest my case :v:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Getsuya posted:

1. Is there any reason I should try to keep all the characters leveled up evenly, or should I just pick the ones whose fighting styles I like and stick with them through the whole game?

Yes to both. Try to balance both or you'll have a bad time either way.

Getsuya posted:

2. Should I stress about time management too much? Will I miss stuff if I waste time early on doing stuff like talking to moogles?

No. Yes.

The game hopes you'll replay it again so anything you miss, you'll get on another run.

More tips: Thunder magic rules for most bosses, always have a healer and a long range character. When you see characters name in yellow when picking missions, pick those characters first.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Getsuya posted:

Also the camera in Final Fantasy Type-0 is pretty crappy. Maybe it's better in wide-open spaces, but stay away from walls or suddenly you'll be looking at the enemy mech's internals for the rest of the fight.

Believe it or not, it used to be worse. That's the patched version you're playing.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Hey, this reminded me that a high quality rip of Dancing Mad just released:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bktr27ACH4I

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

I've in good authority that they are exceptional Time Mages.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

What is Squall's favorite NIN album? Inquiring minds need to know.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

You know what, Tidus' voice actor is pretty awesome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIh6sXRM_yQ

Watch the whole thing 'til the end.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

zedprime posted:

Even the boss fight with its butthole?

Especially the boss fight with its butthole.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

The Black Stones posted:

You could have just said "I'm reading Prison School"

And here I thought that was about ADTRW's favorite 2006 anime Princess Princess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

I have one set up for The Last Guardian too :smith:

https://twitter.com/KazHiraiCEO/status/780392088533884930