Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

My first Final Fantasy was X, but my favorite Final Fantasy is Kingdom Hearts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Now that I think about it, aside from her design, Claire Lightning doesn't really have any similarities to compilation Cloud aside from a few instances of ~mysterious~ during the very beginning. Even then, that doesn't last very long.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

So paradoxes were happening in Fabula Nova Crystallis before XIII-2 ran them straight through the ground and into space?

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Type-0 looks like it has that child soldier thing like early FF8. Does that also get buried under crystals, paradoxes, and Yeul?

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

So it's Final Fantasy 8?

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I hope this means beautiful flowing hair for everyone in Versus 13.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Get Yoko Taro to write.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Versus 13 is running on Luminous, right? I hope it means everyone gets a flowing beard. Green flowing beards.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I hope XIII-3 busts out some new antagonists and conflicts that have nothing to do with the previous games except maybe one instance of absurdly vague wording from an obscure datalog entry that could be interpreted as foreshadowing by idiots.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Pesky Splinter posted:

Lightning's house for example:

That is one hell of a pad.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Francois Kofko posted:

Is this sequel stuff? The name Lindzei was never mentioned, as far as I know (I assume it's the "Maker") and the intentions of the Pulse falcie were never explained other than that they just... were.

As far as I know, Burniberzei and Lindzei were mentioned in a separate creation myth and probably some obscure datalog entry that I never bothered to look up.

Speaking of which, I hope Burniberzei does wake up only to go "gently caress this" and go back to sleep.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I like how Lightning had her real name (Claire) called only once over the course of two games, both 30+ hours each. I fully expect that counter to stay exactly the same for Lightning Returns Final Fantasy XIII, unless there's flashbacks or something.

"I'm hungry, Claire."
"Seeeeraaaaaaah! I told you my name is Lightniiiiiiing! :saddowns:"

Actually I don't think that would happen because cardboard boxes have better sibling relationships than Serah and Lightning.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Those sleeves make her arms look long as gently caress.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I hope Claire gets a bitchin' motorbike to accompany her shades.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

drat, whoever put the trailer up was really fast about taking it down.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I really hope that video lasts more than a couple hours.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I'm interested in Versus 13 because the characters dress in normal, albeit dapper, clothing... based on what little I've seen :smith:

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

At the very least, I can believe that there is a >0 amount of Japanese folk who are saying the equivalent of "What the gently caress, Nomura?" in response to that thing. :unsmith:

:smith:

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Something's up with that face. And Claire can bend her arms while wearing those things, shockingly enough.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I love that beginning shot of Claire walking out of the monorail. It's like: regular clothes, then regular clothes, then suddenly That Thing.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Veks posted:

Also, a Noctis perfume is coming out

Spray it on and maybe maybe you'll notice the scent in ten years.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Mass moon

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Snow's in Lightning Returns

drat, lookit dat hair.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Noctis has a cool dad. I hope Square-Enix continues this trend of cool dads, because there aren't enough of them in JRPGs.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Barudak posted:

Given how he's a young looking kid in all the interactions with his dad his dad is so dead that the only other outcomes are

1) Fake death, is villain
2) Becomes that masked dude who helps the hero
3) Becomes wise cracking crystal sidekick

I try not to think about that, even though it's obvious :smith:. I think that Mexican standoff is where he makes his exit.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I hope 15 gets better directing and localization compared to its parent series. None of "Your name is Noctis which means night. You are the night."

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

chumbler posted:

I hope that is literally the first line in the game, followed immediately by "Your name is Stellar which means star. You are the stars."

And then I hope both of them start laughing from the ridiculousness. That'll be a good start if SE is serious about delivering "believable characters".

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Here's hoping that means customization so I can personally make my own Nomura abomination :unsmigghh:

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It's happening. The moons have aligned, the rhyme and rhythms are tight, TWEWY Nomura has awakened.
I thought Nomura was only the artist. I'll be fine with 15 being the second coming of TWEWY though.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Terper posted:

We saw this guy in the 2011 trailer. He's your driver (and seems fairly cool).

I swear that dude looks just like Travis Touchdown.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Eclaire looks so nonchalant about those cat ears.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I hope it still shows its musical influence. Evil church dude better break into song during his Mexican standoff with Regis (cool dad).

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I can see every pore on those faces. Swords and bullets better come out of those.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I never noticed the floral pattern on Noct's shirt. All this time I thought he was wearing a plain black shirt.

Level Slide fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jun 24, 2013

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

1st AD posted:

The new outfits look cool but they look like they're going to a club and not fighting monsters/corrupt institutions/gods. Also the old ones at least had some more color, the new ones are all black.

I hope this means 15 takes a page from The Last Story and allows color customization for clothing :unsmigghh:

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I hope XV goes the whole ten miles on the boy band thing it has going on. X-2's monopoly on pop concerts has gone on long enough!

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Nomura talks FFXV in Famitsu

Apparently the Noctis warping around between Iron Giants was a high-leveled one.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Renoistic posted:

I hope this doesn't mean the game has a 20 hour tutorial.

That's Toriyama's thing. I think it'll just be 3 hours long.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Final Fantasy XV-II: Agni's Philosophy. Featuring customizable beards.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Winks posted:

Oh my gosh it does.

http://www.blogiswar.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Lightning-Returns-Cloud-01.jpg

They've got my preorder. Congrats Square.

That says nothing about the shrug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

theonlypie314SA posted:

Someone was asking about Hope in Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII. Here he is:

The pose in that first picture looked a little weird to me before I realized he was sitting on an invisible ledge.