Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

JoeyJoJoJr Shabadoo posted:

Um, you don't quite understand. You see, :nws: THIS :nws: was a billboard in Japan. Like, on the major streets. In front of everyone. Naked. With airbrushed balls. Ugh, Square, what the gently caress?

I don't think we got this version in Crisis Core. :staredog:

Seconding that you should check out the Black Mages albums. They're all on youtube somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
It's not so much who these people are, it's more how they're used. Gackt's character is just Sephiroth Electric Boogaloo with worse character development, and a complete lack of originality.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
Which songs are they (if you know)?

I only really remember the music of XIII being there in the far distance doing its best not to be memorable. I mean, it sounds nice, but it's just sorta there.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
I thought Hamauzu's work on Dirge of Cerberus was way better. One of the few redeeming things to come from that loving game.

It's just I've always felt that XIII's soundtrack is just full of way to many wishy-washy singing and soft piano stuff. Even the final boss themes just sound like someone tried to make the most generic final boss music ever - near indecipherable Latin chanting, just plodding along in an aural clusterfuck.
That said, XIII-2's final boss themes, make it work.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Fungah! posted:

One Winged Angel is pretty solid.

You've got to admire a song, where the composer basically said, "Hmm, you know what O'Fortuna really needs to spice it up? Purple Haze."

I really like the Crisis Core version; The World's Enemy, or as I think of it, the Harry Potter version (because of the section at 1:47).

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

NikkolasKing posted:

As for Dancing Mad, I have yet to play FFVI and as I said, I don't like to listen to soundtracks of games I have not played. I know it's heretical not to have played VI but I just don't know if I'll ever be able to appreciate the game given how much my fellow FF fans hype it. I feel like I'll have to isolate myself from the world for a week or two so that nothing distracts me from the orgasmic magic and the unrivaled characterization and perfectly-written story and whatever else.

It's okay. It does things that are incredible when you think about when it was released; the whole opera scene springs to mind, and how dark it feels. The steampunk/industrial revolution thing has a pretty nice art direction to it, and the musics pretty good.

Of course, like you said with OWA, the best versions are the ones that weren't in the game. Just listen to the duet at 9:50. Just raises the hairs on the back of the neck.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
^^^
[e]: Wow. That's weirdly catchy. If that's the sort of thing you want...not as great as yours.

Rueish posted:

FFXIII OST Selection

Elevator music from Satan's personal collection, played to the tormented souls in the pits of Dis.

Yeah, it just boils down to differing tastes. Defiers of Fate is pretty awesome though, basically being Blinded by Light 2.0.

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 00:22 on May 21, 2012

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

NikkolasKing posted:

X-2

I just wish X-2's music wasn't comprised of 30 second loops.

And it's a shame too, considering that some of the songs aren't too shabby, but they get absolutely no chance to develop.

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 01:39 on May 21, 2012

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Nathilus posted:

I don't know what to tell you man, you seem to be from some sort of negaverse where fun sucks.

It's a bad action film. The action and music is pretty decent, but what's the point the audience can't care about 90% of the characters?

Yeah, it's cool to see someone slice up a Dragon, what's not cool is listening to characters prattle on about "Geostigma this" and "I'm a failure, that", with hokey relgious symoblism thrown in, and Cloud moping all movie, in an attempt to drag his charactisation back to the surly moo he was about mid-way through the first game. Only with more brooding.

That and they forget basic tenants of story telling, as the plot becomes more and more bloated. And things just, well happen. Because it's a cutscene, disguised as a movie. It doesn't mean it can't be enjoyable, but there's reasons people don't want to sit through it again, or that extended edition.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

NikkolasKing posted:

In short, the motivation of XIII's villains is all nonsense and contradicts everything.

XIII had villains? Is that what they're calling the writers these days? :smug:

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Winks posted:

The 'making of' XIII book explains that...

That's not the Ultimanias is it? Because they are a loving bane to story telling.

If the understanding of something is important to the plot, then they should put it in the loving game, not explain it in a supplimentary book. And not be hidden in in-game datalogs and things.

Spiritus Nox posted:

Contrived? Sure. Less poignant than the party sacrificing themselves to save the people on Cocoon? I think so. Poorly written and explained? You bet.

But it's not the steaming pile of rear end it's fashionable to claim it is these days.

How can you not call a story told so badly and obtusely a steaming pile of rear end? The writers failed to tell what amounts to a rather simple story, on a basic level. Even ignoring the Deus ex Machina cop-out, there's so many things wrong with how the story and characters are presented, at which point does it not become a steaming pile, shat onto a page?

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Spiritus Nox posted:

Because I liked the characters and enjoyed their development, which was basically all there was to the first half of the story, and I don't think the weaknesses of the larger plot invalidates that.

It plays a pretty big part if the plot of the story is the goal of the protagonists. And having half the cast be insufferable only to get them to become merely annoying by the end game, does count as development, I suppose.

[e]: Yeah, that is a personal thing, or three things, which I can sum up as:

I'M A HERO!

I'll kill you for what you did to mother...except, I'll be passive agreesive about it...well maybe I won't kill you...but mother!

Crikey! I'm smiling on the inside, but crying on the inside- *annoying anime gesture*
VVV

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 03:31 on May 22, 2012

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

The White Dragon posted:

Suikoden is about defying fate. FF13 is about how pretentious and annoyingly anime can we be without alienating ninety percent of our consum--oops

It's also the only game where they've basically admitted that they have no loving clue where they're going with the series, and started spouting bullshit:

quote:

After release, director Motomu Toriyama felt that the lower-than-expected review scores for a main Final Fantasy series game came from reviewers who approached the game from a Western point of view. These reviewers were used to games in which the player was given an open world to explore, he said, noting that this expectation contrasted with the vision the team set out to create. He noted that it "becomes very difficult to tell a compelling story when you're given that much freedom".

Oh, that's totally the reason. Yep. Sure is. You hack. Not the unfocused development, and lack of direction; nope! Just Western expectations.

quote:

Yoshinori Kitase stated that they "didn't really intend to work within with the RPG template," but "wanted to create a new game, even a new genre." He stated that "in a lot of senses FFXIII is more like an FPS than an RPG."

I think that delusional babble speaks for itself.

quote:

Square Enix president Yoichi Wada made his thoughts about the reception of the game known to Gamasutra. He said, "Some value it highly, while others really don't like it." He added, "Should Final Fantasy become a new type of game or should Final Fantasy not become a new type of game? The customers have different opinions. It's very difficult to determine which way it should go."

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Final Fantasy Megathread: Some value it highly, while others really don't like it.

[e]: I actually thought the combat was pretty decent. A little unrefined, but decent. But oh god, how they present everything else, jesus christ!
VVV

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 03:55 on May 22, 2012

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Saoshyant posted:

I'm amused people used to consider FFVIII's plot a trainwreck to the point that the Squall is dead and Rinoa is Ultimecia theories had to be created to explain the plot. And yet, nothing can save FFXIII. :toot:

Alright then, I propose the following bullshit theories:

1) It's all a dying dream from Nora as she plummets to her death. That explains why everything is so schizophrenic and everything goes to shite - it's a dream, it doesn't have to make sense.

2) It's a trip into Snow's mind, and every character there is a representation of his psyche: Hope is young Snow, Lightning is his feminine side and super-ego, Vanille is his suppressed homoerotic tendancies for Australians, Fang is his ego, Sazh is his how he wants to be seen by others, and Snow is his own id. And something about Anima and an incestuous lesbian motorbike.

3) Barthandelus is actually Lightning from the future, after a sexchange, trying to stop him/herself from allowing Etro to uncrystalise them at the end.

4) The Chickabo did it. He was the true enemy and servant of the gods, aiding the party to further his own unholy crusade. Or some poo poo like that.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
Thing is with Ultimecia, you've got the scrapings of a good backstory there, what with the whole trying to prevent a pre-ordained fate, persecuted and feared as a sorceress thing, but no.

There was a good suggestion in the FFVIII thread, about her intercepting the party at different times, which from her point of view would be in a non-linear fashion or something along those lines. Really hammer in that time travel stuff. But of course, the game designers really wanted that love story didn't they. :rolleyes:

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 17:13 on May 24, 2012

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

That loving Sned posted:

As opposed to FF13-2 literally being made of up bits that they couldn't fit into the first game.

:ironicat: "Oh, but they didn't do that!"

quote:

"I think those comments have been really badly misinterpreted. The fact is that when making any game you need to come up with lots of different ideas and designs that you weigh up against each other before picking the best one. Obviously in that process a lot of ideas and designs have to be discarded," he explained.

He went on to assure fans that the development team has stayed away from this unused material when working on the sequel.

"We have never knowingly picked up these kind of ideas and recycled them. That's not what we do. It's natural for anyone making games to throw away ideas but the scenario of FFXIII-2 is completely newly written and has no connection to anything we didn't use for FFXIII", he added.
Of course they loving did, did they really think us that stupid? It's insulting! How else did they manage to poo poo out XIII-2 in 18 months?

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Tempo 119 posted:

I'm not saying there's anything wrong, I'm saying that's why it was so quick to come out.

I know that's why it was so quick to come out, it was more my incredulity of them saying "we didn't reuse any content" when obviously, they did.

Not that reusing material is a bad thing, mind.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

ImpAtom posted:

Because it actually isn't that hard to put out a game in 18 months when you're using the same engine and a number of the same models and artwork. The reason why FFXIII took an eternity to come out is because they hosed up its production massively, not because the game actually needs to take that long to make.

I know that, the bit I took issue with was the "we haven't recycled content" section. Of course they're going to!

They did! They have! Why say they haven't? I just don't get why they said it. Even more so when they proudly said "we've made enough content for two games". We expect it to have recycled content or some kind.

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 22:22 on May 24, 2012

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

ImpAtom posted:

When they said recycled, they mean that they didn't use the content they cut from FFXIII, not that they didn't recycle content, or at least that is their claim. Not that they didn't recycle content from FFXIII at all.

Oh!

...oh...

That's what I get for being an idiot and not reading it properly. :doh:
Well, I was wrong then. :)

Though part of me is cynical enough to think that they did use at least some of the cut content.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

homeless snail posted:

Then you come to the realization that you're skipping gameplay to get to increasingly long and nonsensical cutscenes. Or at least, I did.

You're right though, FF13 is made substantially better when you only fight something once every 10 minutes or so.

The fighting is probably the best part of the game. It's better than sitting though the story at least. Though it gets tiresome real quick when after every other battle or every five minutes, there's a cutscene.

I brought it up in the LP, but the worst bit for me, was when Fang gets Bahamut - it's at the very end of a very long, tedious and lovely dungeon, filled with loving awful, redundant cutscenes, and then you actually get some action. Of course, the cutscene ends, you walk ten yards and then are thrust into another cutscene. That ten yards of walking was apparently so vital to the story, that it had to be included so that the player can remember that they're actually playing a game.

Then they find an airship and start flying it, only for it to be damaged immediately, forcing Fang to use her summon she got less than two minutes ago.

That is terrible loving pacing, and a good example of why games need to have editors and a solid development schedule.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
That sounds like the Fortress project they were working on, but stopped.

From FF wiki:

quote:

Preproduction work for Fortress began in the second half of 2008, being outsourced by Square Enix to the Swedish developer GRIN. The development team, based in Stockholm, began creating concept art, 3D models and a game engine, thinking of Fortress as a "game with an epic scale both in story and production values." In addition to original characters and locations, concept art made for the game notably depict Ashe and a Judge who looks like Gabranth, and chocobos and other recurring creatures of the series, namely Bombs, Ghosts, Malboros, Moogles and Tonberries.

However, after six months of development, Square Enix reclaimed the project without paying GRIN, due to concerns over the quality of the work. Square Enix's withdrawal left the Swedish developer in financial difficulty and with no other ongoing game project. This led to GRIN declaring bankruptcy, as laws in Sweden inflict severe fines on businesses which operate under a debt load. The developer closed its offices on August 12, 2009, noting that delayed payments from "too many publishers" caused "an unbearable cashflow situation" and mentioning in a farewell note their "unreleased masterpiece that [they] weren’t allowed to finish." GRIN would later claim Square Enix demanded ridiculous things from them, such as faxing the entire game code. They ultimately felt Square Enix had set them up to fail. Square Enix's side of the story has never been reported. The Fortress project is said to still be supported by Square Enix, being developed by a different, undisclosed studio.

In January 2010, footage from an alleged tech demo of Fortress was leaked on the Internet. The video description stated the game's events are "set some time after Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings," and mentioned Square Enix's subsidiary Eidos Montreal as a possible new home for the project. Replying to a fan question in May 2010, David Hoffman, director of business development at the American branch of Square Enix, mentioned Fortress without confirming its existence, stating "I have and had no involvement in the rumored project Fortress."

If that's genuine, that's something different to look forward to I guess. :)

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

homeless snail posted:

Eidos Montreal? Also, it sounds an awful lot like that Fortress game Grin was working on. I dunno if its real or not, but more Ivalice is good. efb

That's what they say, I just wasn't feeling it though. Making the combat more intellectually demanding is fine for bosses, but it just felt like busywork fighting random mooks. Like WoW where if I do this and this and this I'll win every fight in 10 seconds. I found that combat loop to be really tedious.

Yeah I realize how dumb that sounds right after my post about how much I like FF14.

Five minutes may be an exaggeration, but every section of corridor generally has at about two to three cutscenes, and that's more than enough when they all say nearly the exact same thing each time.

I agree with you about fighting with the regular enemies; there's a fine balance between making mooks fun enough to fight tactically, without making them tediously long or easy. There's no joy in killing something in one hit, but none either when a simple battle takes about 10 minutes.

I didn't actually mind the boss battles in XIII, the only problem I felt, was that most of them just had way too much HP, and that caused the battles to drag, (even when they were staggered and the player is doing [x] thousand per hit) and that the bosses should have used their own paradigm systems for combat. As it is, I think only a handfull do.

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 15:14 on May 26, 2012

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

swamp waste posted:

SeeD in name only, shame twisting inside like a serrated knife. That, yes, but in addition, a moral coward for letting her carry me. She'd be my whatever? No. I'd be hers. I'd be the worthless scrap of flesh surrounding her favorite vibrator. Her boytoy, her pet gently caress. Her whore.

This, my dear, is a toy for adults

Goddamn, Cid is filthy. No wonder Edea left him for a while. :v:

Doesn't the rewrite also having all the women trying to jump Squall's, ahem, Thay's bones every other page?

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 22:15 on May 28, 2012

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
It's easier to rationalise it as whatever age they give, plus ten years. Not that it matters really, outside of being mentioned by the plot, and even then it's often easier just to pretend they're older. For the most part anyway.

Yar The Pirate posted:

Now I'm well past those ages and it makes me feel old.

When Kingdom Hearts 1 came out, I was roughly the same age Sora is meant to be. Ten years down the line, they've only aged him by two years. It feel strange to have followed a series for so long, that you're actually older than what the main character is meant to be.

And to make it worse, I remember going to see Beauty and the Beast when it first came out...and now seeing the posters celebrating the 3D version and realising that it was released 20 years ago. A whole fifth of a century.

:corsair:

gently caress.

[e]: S'up fellow dudes who feel ancient :corsair::hf::corsair:
VVV

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 01:11 on May 29, 2012

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Yar The Pirate posted:

If you think about it, aren't we the first generation to get real storytelling in videogames and see it age like someone would with movies or comics?

Pretty much, seeing as how the storytelling has advanced beyond the constraint of three lines of dialogue boxes and a manual telling the player the plot. Just look at how far the FF series has progressed in a 25 year gap.

Yar The Pirate posted:

We were replaying a videogame like some people watch old classic movies on AMC. I was showing someone a "classic" in the same way my dad used to get me to watch western movies. I feel like a huge nerd saying this but I recently had to explain to my youngest brother what Civilization was. I used the term "when I was your age"...

I was going through some of my old games a while back trying to show my step-brother the games I grew up with (he's 12), like Link's Awakening, Half-Life, Age of Empires, FF9, Sonic, Monkey Island, that sort of thing. He was put off by the graphics and that only Half-Life and a few others had guns. And then he complained about this and that. Then he played COD and Brink after.

Little fucker, no sense of taste! :argh:

Yar The Pirate posted:

I've totally forgotten what was going on in that series but would still pick up III in a heartbeat. I've only played 1&2 and it's probably going to stay that way unless there some sort of port to the PS3 of all those side stories.

If you don't mind spoilers, here's a handy and simple guide to what the gently caress is happening with Kingdom Heart's plot.

It doesn't mention one called Coded on there, and it doesn't have the latest game on there.

Coded is just a rehash of Kingdom Hearts 1 (literally), and the new one adds some laughably complex, confusing poo poo that'll probably be carried over and solved in the next game, whatever that is.

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 00:54 on May 29, 2012

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

VagueRant posted:

My brain hurts.

They made the silver haired characters easy to follow, didn't they?!

It'll hurt even more when they add the bullshit from the current game:
It involves the Old evil guy being able to time travel as his younger self, and turning the members of the organisation (the bad guys in the black robes) into copies of himself. And that's not even touching on the main character, who the bad guy also wants to turn into a copy or something..

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 12:45 on May 29, 2012

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
It'd be easier to read if it weren't just walls of text for his assessment of each fanbase. Geez.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Italax posted:

Just opened it again, scrolled randomly and noticed he'd censored porn to 'p*rn'. Really?

He can't use dirty words on the internet, or else his mom will find out. :smug:
Because there's no way in hell an adult wrote this. I don't want to believe that a grown man or woman would write such poo poo.

Well, I can believe it, I just don't want to.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
I more inclined to think it's fake.

The numeral next to the Japanese text in the lower right looks more like a XIII than a XV. Of course, it's blurry as gently caress, so it's not really compelling evidence.

However, there is the fact that none of that trailer stuff is new, and that it's not difficult to fake the FF font.

We'll find out soon enough, I imagine. Though really, it'd be for the best if it were true.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
The World is Square.

I did say it's not good evidence. :shobon:

[e]: Made dark. Now it's a blue square:

[e]: Yes! 360 as well, or bust!
VVV

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jun 1, 2012

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

zedprime posted:

Maybe it makes me an unapologetic nerd but I can't hate the translation that spawned spoony bard.

All the translations of IV have kept in the Spoony bard line. It's V that had the really bad translation, even by the usual standards of the time.

I can't help but love the really goofy lines in this series - it'd be a shame if they ever got rid of them in any future remakes/ports etc.

[e]: Beaten by a mile.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Pureauthor posted:

The GBA translation of FFV really is fantastic.

I know that, I was talking about the PSX/Anthology version. The GBA has the great pop culture references.

"It's morphin' time!"

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
They need to hire actual writers, and editors. They can come up with the ideas and the visuals (no questions there), but there's no one there to say "wait a minute, this script is garbage and makes no sense." See also, Hideo Kojima.

And that's why you end up with XIII's horrific pacing and extraneous cutscenes. Or the complexity addiction SE has for Kingdom Heart's plot, and the plot of things like Dissidia and XIII-2, where everything must be needlessly mired down in obtuse dialogues and plot-twists, for no other reason that to make it seem like it has more depth than it actually has.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Renoistic posted:

Whoops, you're right. The Drakengard 1 soundtrack is amazing, though.

i. hear. a. sound.

"I burn in a basin of fire-"

And for how utterly bad the sequel was, in terms of lack of fuckedupness, it had some drat fine music:

Forbidden Prelude

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

TheIllestVillain posted:

Now all I have to do is to finish IV, V, IX and XII which I've ever never played or left unfinished.

Do you want to get the longest out of the way first, or the shortest?

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

TheIllestVillain posted:

The shortest, from what I've played I figure that would be IV but I've never tried V or IX so I don't really know. I think VI had the perfect length, I cleared it in about 30 hours or so which was great.

IV and V are about the same length, and both don't take long (unless it's the DS version of IV, which takes a bit longer). My playthrough of V is at 15 hours, and that's just a vanilla run, not bothering with getting all the summons or leveling up all the jobs, just the decent ones.

IX can be done to near completion in about...35 hours? It doesn't take too long for an RPG. First time through...maybe about 40 hours?

XII is a very long game, even if you're not bothering with the extra stuff. Mostly because it has sprawling dungeons and two of the worst levels in any video game - a big gently caress-off tower, and a giant maze with a useless map. My playthrough was at something like 80 hours, because I made it my mission to get all the Espers. Never a-loving-gain. :negative:

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
XIV was the really bad one yes? Nice to hear they've improved it somewhat. Not that I'll ever play it or XI.

I did enjoy reading all the stories about how bad it was/is though. :allears:

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Mega64 posted:

To be fair, does anyone really want to identify with a bare-chested street urchin who has brain damage?

Corrected :colbert:

And to answer that question, apparently SE executives thought so. Hence, the street rat.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

That loving Sned posted:

Not that it would matter, since the international versions hardly ever get released over here.

The only ones I can think of is VII (in which they added stuff they didn't have time to implement in the original Japanese release), and then that got ported back to Japan with all the added stuff, and FFX for the PAL regions, where, for whatever reason, the "International" version is the default.

Kingdom Hearts almost counts...they added more bosses and music tracks in the Western releases...except they re-released it again in Japan with extra cutscenes, weapons and a story-relevant boss. Ditto for most of the other games, where they add stuff for the Western release, and then they'll add even more for the Japanese re-release. The most obnoxious of which was announcing Birth By Sleep's Final Mix a week before the PAL release.

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Jun 11, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

That loving Sned posted:

I'm actually playing a translated version of the Final Mix right now. I'm stuck at the final boss of Terra's story, but up to this point it's been one of the best action-RPGs I've ever played.

Yeah, the game is great, I'm just annoyed at the Final Mix marlarky.

If you want some advice on the boss:

Block like a mother fucker. When he melees you, use block/counter-hammer. Dash like crazy when you can, and spam shotlocks - I think it's shadow dash or something like that - for the invincibility frames.