Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ShadeofDante posted:

Is there any links on Youtube to the "chiptunes" version of the OST for FF:D? I absolutely love the World of Light theme in that style.

Is this it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtER8Ud1TZc

The uploader has a some of the other chiptune tracks as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Endorph posted:

I don't think you can get it for Vita, no.

You can, I have it on my Vita right now.

edit: I'm dumb

Electric Phantasm fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jul 21, 2013

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Endorph posted:

Oh, I checked the Playstation Online store and didn't see it, so v:v:v

Ignore me, then.

Actually you should ignoring me, I misread and thought you were talking about Final Fantasy 7. :v:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

but then Fang and Vanille become the big monster and save the day once God steps in and fixes everything (One wonders why God doesn't just put Cocoon down safely to spare Fang and Vanille an eternity of being a crystal pillar, but whatever).

God being Etro in this situation, right? Because if I remember right, she ends up loving something up whenever she helps out so I imagine if she tried to put Cocoon down she would end humanity in the process.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Nice post Sunning, also

Sunning posted:

characters are rendered with toes inside shoes

:psyduck: What? Why would they do this? Why waste time on something so unnecessary?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

From the Vita thread, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD finally has a release date! December 26th, in Japan.

http://gematsu.com/2013/10/final-fantasy-x-x-2-hd-remaster-japanese-release-date-set

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Pesky Splinter posted:

On the topic of FFXIV, why did no one mention this sooner!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8RuIXX4ntc

Amano style Magitek armour. :allears:

I don't know, but I also see no one is mentioning the music either. Step it up everybody. :colbert: Whoops someone actually did sorry about that Mordiceius.

I would post Titan's battle music, but I can't find it on youtube so have the best Chocobo theme that is not Crazy Chocobo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFaDpru8kB0

Electric Phantasm fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Oct 22, 2013

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I like how in this one it looks like she is scowling at the player.

"What the gently caress did you make me wear?"

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I hope this means Jecht can come back and the only thing he does is make fun of Tidus and Yuna for being dumb.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Barudak posted:

The answer is really, really dumb. Gardens are themselves ancient Centra cities so any lost technology is stored there. Apparently the ancient Centra where huge into Basketball.

As they should be, because Basketball is awesome. :colbert:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Twelve by Pies posted:

I have played the Bravely Default demo and am now attempting to get the last bonus by leaving my 3DS in sleep mode all day (which is dumb but hey), and while I think the Brave/Default system is cool I do have a minor gripe with it. I full party wiped on the Minotaur twice. The problem is that apparently at a certain point (probably a percentage of his HP) he decides to burn his max amount of Brave charges, giving him four turns. He would inevitably use this to attack all of my party, which would immediately wipe everyone except for the White Mage (because of Angelic whatever). By the time I was able to resurrect my party with items/spells, he was back up to 0 BP and would again burn three Braves.

There didn't seem to be any way around this as one of his attacks is called Double Damage and was dealing 500-600 HP of damage on my Black Mage, who had like 390 HP max. It seems like the only way to avoid this is to waste your secondary slot on Miscellany (or use a Freelancer) and go into the fight once, determine about what percentage of HP he decides to go nuts on, and then have everyone Default that turn (which might not even be a guarantee he won't wipe the party anyway). I guess the other solution is either "grind a lot" or "waste time with the 3DS in sleep mode to build the armor store" but neither of these are really great solutions.

I dunno. I'm not bashing the game; I love the demo and it's a definite first day purchase for me, and I like the Brave/Default system a lot but it seems to have its problems if the enemy just decides to go "gently caress you" and give itself four turns at once with no real warning. I guess the solution would be to have the Brave/Default thing be for the PCs only, which I guess people wouldn't like and would be seen as "unfair" in a way, although giving enemies 500,000 HP when your max limit is 9999 is pretty unfair too but eh.

Something to keep in mind is that you can have up to 4 actions per turn and the least amount of BP you can have is -3. So if your white mage is the only one standing you can use brave to give them 3 actions that turn and revive everybody.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Krad posted:

Aw man, he even has the same pose as Exdeath, that can't be a coincidence. He looks pretty cool all the same.

If I remember right you also fight him inside a tree.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Shaezerus posted:

Of the other two, one has a gun-hammer (which looks more like a wrench with a jet engine bolted to it), and the other dual-wields missile-launcher gunshields. Garlemald is crazy as hell.

Needed to look this up:

Final Fantasy really needs more ridiculous villains with ridiculous weapons.

Also I assume this is the gun-hammer:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Pesky Splinter posted:

It's SE NA's offical Youtube account.

Anyone know if they released a chiptune version of Caius' theme?

Whenever someone ask for a plot synopsis of XIII-2 just post this gif

Also from the recap:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Mazed posted:

Please someone try to do one of these for a Kingdom Hearts.

Somone already did

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Gologle posted:

I care about Yuel! I HAVE KNOWN THEM ALL. A YUEL WHO LIKED TO MAKE lovely FANFICTION! A YUEL WHO LOVED TO TALK TO RETARDED SQUIRRELS! A YUEL WHO LISTENED TO SOME WEIRD rear end THRASH MUSIC ABOUT GIANT FLANS, RIDING CHOCOBO'S, AND THE TIME/SPACE CONTINUUM! They have all died right before my very eyes!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

precision posted:

At one point I remember reading a pretty detailed explanation for how all the numbered FF games take place on the same world, though I think it only covered 1 through 6.

Oh you mean this?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Almost Smart posted:

I somehow got hosed out of the Besaid and Kilika destruction sphere treasures because I advanced a screen too far and wasn't allowed to backtrack. When can I go back for them? This is my first stab at the international version and I'm worried about bumping into some nigh unbeatable uber boss if I progress too far.

Also, I really hated FFX-2 with a passion and can't see myself ever playing through it again (at least not without the aid of an emulator and cheat codes galore). If anyone wants my copy of the Vita version, the redemption code is 7E32-PHNE-P7KH. First come, first served. It's a 3.5 GB download, so bear that in mind if you're short on memory card space. Happy sphere-hunting.

Chiming in to say I claimed it, thank you very much :)

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

In X-2 HD did I have to sell all the tickets or is 9 good enough?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

fronz posted:

Why wouldn't you sell all of them? :colbert:

I misunderstood a guide I was following and ended up pitching to the wrong person and then I decided to be stupid and save after the failed pitch :saddowns:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ApplesandOranges posted:

I'm just wondering who they'd pick for a XIV representative, if any.

Who are those guys that use gun [insert weapon here], any of them.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

precision posted:

If you can't love that intro then you're dead inside. :colbert:

Drumming Buddha needs to show up more

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

judgementbringer posted:

I'd like some tips for this as well. It was only in the International version, so this is the first time I've experienced it. Is any of it required for 100% in this version? Or is getting 100% the same as the normal version?

None of it is required to get 100%, creature creator has it's own percentage that is based on monsters you have released to get their fiend tale.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ManOfTheYear posted:

Other than that, why would I use it? Is there something good enough to replace one of the main characters?

Yes and no, you can't control monsters directly, but they get access to stuff like meteor and one monster has an attack that ignores break immunitty.

Also you use it to raise a squad of monsters that will kill Trema for you while you do something else.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Instant Grat posted:

Endorph why does my SALR extension insist that you're a moderator

Edit for content: Is there any monster in FFX-2 HD that's worth swapping out for one of the girls? It seems like a bad tradeoff to cripple one of your main characters in terms of EXP and AP gain just so some lizard or dingo can have its moment in the sun.

I like mushroom cloud which you can capture in Chapter 5. It's special attack pernicious powder ignores break immunity which makes superboss fights at low levels a lot more manageable.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Syrant posted:

The chocobo thing was just me as a kid having read the name wrong at first glance and my brain overriding the thought that it was an incorrect pronounciation. Like when I was really young I would call Tatooine 'Tatoonie' until I realized that's not at all how they said it in the movie.

Also I need to go back to Zanarkand to get the last destruction sphere to get Anima. How rough of a fight am I expecting here?

Unless you need to get the sun sigil you should be alright.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Syrant posted:

I feel your pain and feel the same about it.

I don't NEED to have Tidus' Caladbolg powered up but I really want it.

I don't have to fight a dark Aeon to get back into the Zanarkand trials? I have the sigil, I just don't have the destruction sphere. I was under the impression you had to return to Zanarkand to do the things to get the destruction sphere and thus get Anima.

You were under the right impression, you just don't need to fight the dark aeon because it's located in the same place that you got the sun sigil.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ManOfTheYear posted:

Alright what the gently caress

I'm on fayth Scar in X-2 i n chapter two and I'm on the map where on the upper right corner the wind blows ans YRP go like "It's a suicide" and I can't go forward. However, i can't leave the map.

I. Can't. Leave.

what the gently caress, did the game bug out or something? Where do i leave?

What do you mean you can't leave? Where are you stuck at more specifically?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ManOfTheYear posted:

On upper right there is you can climb up and you get the "This is suicide" cutscene, there's a cave before it where is a treasure chest on top of a square boulder, in the middle of the map there is a way down where you come in and on the left there are two floating rocks with a treasure chest. You have to walk to the chest, otherwise it will float higher and you can't reach it.

And there's no way to exit. I think on the previous map there is a save point and the hot springs are on the right.

If it's the place I'm thinking of there should be a hole near where you got that cutscene which you have to walk through and that should trigger another cutscene.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ManOfTheYear posted:

I'm starting to suspect the game really just clitches out, I've found no way out of the place. I restarted the game and tried again, but gotten same results. There is a cliff nearby where you fall to the hot spring on the uniform retrieving mission, but if you go to that place again after the mission, you're stuck.

Yeah that's definitely a glitch. You shouldn't be able to get to that area immediately after you get the uniform because you fight Ormi and automatically return to the airship after the fight.

Edit: I'm dumb, you already said after that

Electric Phantasm fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Apr 19, 2014

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

YggiDee posted:

Ugh, getting Blue Magic in FFX-2 is a pain. I've been confusing the Coeurls in Besaid, but every time I do, they use White Wind on themselves instead of me and cure their confusion in the process. Actually, they're using something called "White Highwind", does that still count or have I spent the last hour trying to farm the wrong monsters?

It still counts, also try messing around with the fiend tournaments it makes some of the skills (Cry in the Night) a lot more easier to obtain since you can't game over and after you fight a monster in the tournament you can fight whenever you want in the battle simulator.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

So I've been absolutely murdered by this little poo poo Shinra in sphere break for the past hour and a half. I get a great Echo going and without fail once I get to x3 or higher I get a Core 1 sphere and then I'm hosed.

Any tips/tricks/someone to drive to my house and beat this for me?

If you are building up a good Echo then you really know all there is to Sphere Break so it's up to luck in the Sphere Break tournament cause like you said a Core 1 sphere will gently caress you up. Too bad they don't give you a multiplier count coin because then the tournament wouldn't be so luck based.

Also don't forget to get the treasure hunt garment grid while playing Shinra :v:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Rei_ posted:

Oh hey, FFXIV question. On the OST, what's the name of that boss fight theme that plays when you fight Nero?

i'm honestly surprised it doesn't get namedropped more often.

Looking it up if it this(Thanks Terper for the FFXIV music)
http://tindeck.com/listen/utsh

Then it's called Steel Reason

edit: beaten

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

CrusherEAGLE posted:

Is it worth doing the Creature Creator for FFX-2? I don't really want to bother with capturing and stuff, can I just skip it and do the regular storyline or will I be missing out?

You can skip it, although it does offer a way to get the mascot dressphere without having to get an episode complete for every area.

Edit: You don't even need to use creature creator to get it, since the fiend arena isn't monster only

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

fronz posted:

When can you first actually play Sphere Break?

After finishing the Luca mission in Chapter 1, but I think the only opponent available is the guy in the locker room that gives you the Sphere Break tutorial.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Facepalm Ranger posted:

I could watch a video about how to play a video game or I could just play it instead. I never understood the fascination of lets plays and using them as a source on how to play a game. Sort of takes the fun away from it for me.

Grinding takes so long and I bought all the weapons in Kalm. Meh. Just gonna get everyone up to lv16 me thinks before crossing the marsh. Maybe I'll fight that big snake that's in there.

Just a heads up if you plan on fighting the snake, buy a few tranquilizers to make your entire party sad. Sadness reduces damage which you'll need to survive one of the snake's attack.

Also if you got the elemental materia in midgar pair it with fire and equip that on someone that will be in the backrow.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Just a reminder they ported FF3 DS to the OUYA so I wouldn't really take that as sign that they would port anything else to PC.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

goldjas posted:

I hate defending FF3 (and also don't buy it on Steam) but people(including me) actually do way over exaggerate the final dungeon a lot just for emphasis. The trick is after going out of your way to get some treasure boxes, beat some of the mini bosses in the dungeon (I forget how many are in there, I could swear at least 2, maybe more?) you warp out of the dungeon and save and rest. If you clear everything up to the final boss this way, save and rest, it's only like a 15 minute or so run to the final boss. It's still really dumb though, don't get me wrong, but it's not 2 hours without a save point dumb unless you just ABSOLUTELY MUST do it all in 1 shot, which...why would you do that ever, do you hate yourself that much?

I thought that was the only way, you can actually leave the world of darkness?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Zero Star posted:

X-2 Question: do Creature Creator monsters stay when I start a New Game+?

They carry over, but while they start over at level 1 any stat boost they got through items stick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

You got to balance the good with the bad