Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

I'll just leave this here.

It looks kinda bonkers, and not at all what I was expecting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Everybody who whines about the port of VI has never played it. The town graphics on the overworld are wonky, but that’s it. It’s the same drat game under the hood.

Everything else is just fine. In fact, I think the battle graphics are BETTER. You drat babies.

I have FFVI on my phone, whenever I want. I live in the future and it is great.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

You penises were fine with it when FFV and that stupid dimensions game came out.

Every final fantasy is the worst. Ports included.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

I like that. I like you for sharing that.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

The real trick is to not play X at all.

I mean, unless you want to fight the same four pallet swapped enemies the entire game, in which case BE MY GUEST.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Tae posted:

I'm not taking advice from someone that sees nothing wrong with the mobile ports

Valid opinion!

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

The Fairy Feller’s Master Stroke

I mean, I know it’s a painting too but drat son. And also, the song slays.

Seriously though, Who Wants To Live Forever is the correct choice.

Tall Tale Teller fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jun 3, 2018

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

So I finally picked up XV, and played it for about an hour and it’s real fun. But is it supposed to just START? I mean the boys got sent on the road by the king and now we’re doing bro stuff in hammerhead.

Its rad and all, but I feel like I’m missing stuff. Should I watch kingsglaben first or just keep playing?

Side note: prissy pants ignis is a rad dude. He makes crispy cheese pizza with golfing gloves and that appeals to me.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

When you’re a sperg, the minute lag in animation is absolutely unforgivable.

But not cleaning your body on a daily basis isn’t.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

MechaX posted:

I thought it would have been really interesting if the Magitek soldiers fought with the monsters too because they are loving feral usually.

But no, a platoon of dudes just drops in and forms an immediate deadly alliance with this pack of electric tigers

My thoughts EXACTLY. I’m playing for the first time, and just finished chapter 2. I was hunting a flan for the diner dude in Hammerhead so I whomp the flan just as an Iron Giant starts climbing out of a puddle of black goo. I was all set to run away, cuz nem giants are bad news bears when a transport hovers over and spits out fifteen magitek axe goons.

I stuck around waiting to see if they’d fight each other but noooooo, they only had eyes for me and my mariachi outfit.

Also, the heartbreaking emotional heft of all the chapter two and three cutscenes is completely and hilariously negated by said mariachi outfit. It’s transcendent.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Is it weird that I find magic hard to use in XV? I can never get it to hit where I want.

I’m bad at video games.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Bruceski posted:

If I remember right the friendly fire is minimal but everyone overacts like it's the worst thing ever and they'll die if you do it again.

I get irrationally irritated when I pull out a weapon and Gladio yells at me. Bitch, this sword is gonna save your slow rear end!

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Frionnel posted:

The game trying to take itself seriously in that dumb chibi style is hilarious.

My noctis is dressed as a chocobo mariachi. The high drama while dressed as such makes the game sublime.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

The actual villain of X is whoever decided to pallet swap the same four enemies across the entire game.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

I made Penelo a monk and it ruled.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Listen man, if purist weebs want to froth at the mouth about excellent retranslations then they totally can. I grew up playing badly translated games and so I loved the hell out of WotL.

Don’t get me wrong, I love “I had a good feeling” and poo poo as much as the next guy but I also like being able to follow a story without having to parse through Engrish too.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

I really like XV a lot, I’ve been playing it off and on for a few months, but am not far into it at all. I’ve got to meet Iris in Lestallum right now but I keep going on hunts and driving around listening to the Red Wings theme.

I’ve never piloted a barge in real life, but if I did I bet i’d be a lot better at driving the Regalia. That thing is ridic.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

I always picked a thief because when you’re ten years old, ninjas are cool action.

So I know it’s the same as the mobile port, but I just got the Switch version of the best PlayStation FF, number IX, and good god ya’ll. The fast forward function is a godsend for Chocobo Hot and Cold. I just scored all 9 chocographs from the first forest in about a half hour.

It felt really good.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Squall looks like a real cool dude but he is extremely wack.

The fact that Laguna and his rad bros aren’t the main characters is the worst thing about VIII.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Noct and the boys are seriously rad protagonists. I like FFXV, but I don’t know how much of that is main character based.

It’s a fun game, but it’s a strange mishmash of open world, RPG and action that doesn’t really do any of them super well, but the story and bros hold it together for me.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

My main, petty childish beef with any and all dragon quests is that I hate Toryama’s art. Go to a dungeon, DQ.

I love Chrono Trigger though. I didn’t say my beef made sense.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Seriously bruv, every DQ character looks like a turnip with eyes. Or Littleface from Dick Tracy.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

I always did that limit with her where she eats the enemy or whatever.

I dunno, I could be misremembering it. I played through 8 exactly once, when it came out. When I was in high school. I’m old.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Anyone who says they prefer the original translation of FFT is a loving liar or a complete idiot.

Dropping hot takes ITT.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Mega64 posted:

Both English translations are garbage, still waiting for an Al Bhed translation.

This I can get behind.

Also, a mod that replaces Mustadio with Brother.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Tidus is wack because his name is canonically pronounced “tee-dus”

Also I’m grumpy because mechanically X is fun, but the art style is the worst and you only fight the same four pallet swapped enemies the entire game.

And Wakka has a wicker basket attached to his elbow. And you absolutely can’t swim while wearing hiking boots.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

I’m an Amano guy. Give me wispy watercolors over belts and zippers pleaaaaaase.

X is really fun to play though, I like the sphere grid and battle mechanics, I like the setting and the vibrant colors and I even like the story! It’s just Nomura’s style and the enemies that kill it for me.

I’ll deffo buy it again in the ol’ Switcheroo when it hits

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Doomtrain is the best summon around.

Final Fantasy needs more Doomtrain.

It’s a giant fuckoff train. It rules hard and I want to take him to work.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

And also the XII soundtrack is one of the best in the series.

I just ripped off my shirt fight me.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

All I remember from Crisis Core is zack on vacation at the beach and the the vacation at the beach gets ruined by ocean monsters and zack pummels them all with his umbrella.

Maybe while yelling ANGEAL all the while too.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Don’t listen to anyone who hasn’t played it. The mobile ports of VI are the exact same as the original under the hood.

The graphics aside from the 3d towns on the map are just fine.

People lose their poo poo for no reason.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

I guess I’ll always be an apologist, since I have FFVI on my phone. In my pocket. Whenever I want.

And those graphics are just fine you goddamn spergs. I mean, they were wonderful on my SNES too, but it’s in a box in my basement and I’m not dusting that poo poo off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

The best off-road Regalia is my boy Boco.

I’m glad they gave you a chapter where the Regalia is gone, since I never would have chocoboed without it. I’m not going back, that world needs to be seen by chocoback.