Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mathemagician
Aug 21, 2003

tell me some more

Most of the game was a cakewalk except for NeoExdeath, which took me a few drat hours to do right and get lucky. This game is a lot harder without being able to go Freelancer or Mimic.

edit: My party was level 39 when I beat it, how does that compare to other people's parties?

Mathemagician fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Jun 20, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mathemagician
Aug 21, 2003

tell me some more

Trasson posted:

Nailed the bastard!
You sir, are a champion.

Mathemagician
Aug 21, 2003

tell me some more
Seeing as I've already beaten the game once for this thing, is there anything stopping me from making another twitter account and running it again? Not a lot on my plate this weekend.

Mathemagician
Aug 21, 2003

tell me some more
Cool, let's try HARD this time, I feel like Black/Summoner/Hunter/Samurai was too easy. I don't know any of the neat little tips/tricks everyone else seems to be using, I'm learning some stuff from this thread.

Mathemagician
Aug 21, 2003

tell me some more
Think I'm having a problem with Gilgabot. First playthrough, I had Black Mage, Summoner, Hunter, Samurai, on normal mode. Second playthrough which I'm on right now, which is hard mode, I had Knight...Summon, Hunter, Samurai. Am I just 'lucky' or is Gilgabot on his day off?

Mathemagician
Aug 21, 2003

tell me some more
Monk, Blue Mage, Blue Mage, Knight. Swords for everyone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mathemagician
Aug 21, 2003

tell me some more

First Shinryu victory. Also beat NeoExDeath but everyone has seen a million of those by now :v:

My strategy for Shinryu was to use the Wonder Rod to Berzerk him, then put Crystal Shields on 3/4 guys, then have them wail on him with swords. That's it. He couldn't kill the party fast enough, since I could just use phoenix down on them and not worry about healing them since any hit was 9999 anyway. Brave Blade, Excalibur, Enhancer, and Defender won the day. I know there are a dozen better ways to do it, with Guard / critical health and such, but SWORDS WIN.