Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Onmi posted:

Being ugly as gently caress is a legitimate reason to not play.

That... actually doesn't look as bad as people say. I'm a little surprised that they didn't switch Terra's hair to blonde, though, since that's the canonical color. They made it green on the SNES/GBA because otherwise it would have been a bit difficult to tell her apart from Celes. You'd think that with today's hardware they wouldn't have that problem anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
They really were onto something with Kefka in FF6. No other villain in the series is as memorable. Even Sephiroth doesn't stack up.

For one thing, that laugh really sticks in your head. I bought the SNES version the day it came out and the laugh kinda blew me away at the time because I'd never really heard anything like that on the SNES before. And it was just so loving creepy.

But he's also actually one of the most competent villains in video game history because he actually manages to carry out his grand evil plan and there's nothing you can do to stop him. Yes, you eventually manage to kill him but not before he carries out a planet-wide genocide and causes a complete upheaval of the planet's geography and environment as well.

The second half of the game, just wandering through the ruined world where everything appears to be dead or dying and the people have lost all hope and are just trying to survive, is super depressing. Talking to the few survivors in all the destroyed towns, seeing the ongoing destruction that Kefka is still causing just for shits and giggles, potentially having Shadow be killed, and Celes attempting suicide... the whole thing is super dark. And killing Kefka doesn't actually fix anything; it just prevents things from getting even worse.

I wish more games had the balls to do something like that.