Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
FF7 was one of the first JRPGs I ever completed and I really enjoyed it a lot, but I think 9 was my favorite FF title. I think my favorite thing about it was all the ridiculous little minigames and sidequests.

Racing, submarine, snowboarding obviously, but also the little things like "impress them with your ability to hit face buttons on command" or "get the sexiest outfit so the pimplord will choose you over Tifa."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

(Or, alternately, "he looks like Mr. T so I'll write him like Mr. T" which is a similar kind of problem.)

I'm gonna have to very specifically disagree with this bit. Making a character sound like a specific celebrity who they look like is pretty much the definition of ok to do. But, I don't think he looks very much like Mr T so if it's only "he looks like MR T because he's black" then it circle back into being not ok.

That aside, a lot of people in this thread don't get systematic social issues. It's a lot like that catcall video going around. A compliment is ok. But when a hundred people in a single day are making comments about a woman walking down the street many of which are rude, aggressive, or accompanied by creepy behavior then even the 'nice polite compliments' are actually part of a larger systematic social issue about how men in our society treat women.