Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Super Ninja Fish posted:

I don't think many people who started with FF1 would pick that as their favorite. FF1 was my first. I never liked it. It was too grindy and lacked the charm of the NES Dragon Quests to make up for it. FFX is my favorite.

Same here as far as FF1 being my first but not necessarily being my favorite. It's in my top 3, but I'd say VI and IX are up there (VI being my favorite), with XII being a very close fourth place. Dragon Warrior/Quests games, especially during the NES era, were a lot more fun to me than FF was, and I'd dare say Dragon Warrior III is my favorite RPG of all time.

Never really did like FFVII when it first game out, at least as much as others did. I thought that the reduced number of characters and using only three at a time was really awkward, and I always thought the graphics for the game were a mixed bag (I couldn't get past Cloud's Popeye arms). I thought it was alright, just not this grand game everybody made it out to be, especially since I always felt VI was a larger game, though that had a lot to do with the World of Ruin find-everybody-again exploration that was pretty non-linear once you got the airship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Grope-A-Matic posted:

Same here. FF:CC had great graphics for a Gamecube game, and unlike most Final Fantasy games, it actually allowed for co-op multiplayer. Sure, having to use the GC-GBA connector set-up was a pain in the rear end, but it was still a blast. I was lucky in that one of my best friends also had a GBA and the connector cable. We've spent so much playing time on that game :3:

I was in tech school when Crystal Chronicles was released, and a bunch of us had GBAs, while I for some reason had a bunch of those connector cables for some unknown reason. Myself and another airman had a Gamecube, and my Gamecube had a GBA Player on it, so I thought it'd be hilarious to use that as my GBA for the game. Had an elaborate setup involving a small PC LCD screen, an A/V-to-VGA conversion box, and the GCN-to-GBA connector affixed to the GBA Player. It was basically this setup. It was stupid but a lot of fun.

Though that setup was much more fun with Pac-Man Vs. Man, I miss those days. :allears:

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

I think the thing is that there are people who care more about the Original Characters Do Not Steal.

To use an example from another franchise, Super Robot Wars is a game franchise about anime robots crossing over and fighting and poo poo, and it also has Original Characters. They got so popular that they literally have games which are nothing but the original characters crossing over.

Strangely enough, the best original character in Super Robot Wars wasn't even in any of the standard SRW titles, but an original character for a game about original characters.