Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
When I was a kid, I lent my ff6 cartridge to a friend. He ended up beating it, but the craziest part was he told me when he did the fanatics' tower, he only only cast life 3 on one character. He proceeded down the tower with one character and ran out of MP / MP items, so he got down the tower having enemies die by casting spells on him and having them reflect back. He didn't know what osmose was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Honestly once I found out that a high magic stat was tied to the success of draw, it made magic draw grinding an ease. And since enemies leveled up with you it's not like you needed to grind for levels (except for some enemies only had certain spells to draw at a certain level, like Cerberus needed to be level 40 for you to draw triple from him).

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Is there a starters guide to Tactics? From what I understand the learning curve is steep but once you get things set up its a cakewalk.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I saw Dissidia for sale at Target for $20 and realized that it made me want to buy the game less if it degraded in value so quickly.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
8's ridiculous story is why I love that dumb game.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Vaan thrives in the gig economy. Looking forward to getting picked up by him at midnight after a night of drinking.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Locke was an rebel agent, treasure hunting was his hobby / side gig.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I've always pronounced it like the grain, quinoa.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Cringing hard rn

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Luh-vos

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The mobile versions of FF games and Chrono Trigger are on sale if you want to subject yourself to the mobile versions of those games.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Rinoa is Molly Ringwald from Pretty in Pink, and Seifer is Duckie.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Help Im Alive posted:

Ultimecia wanted to kompress the forums into a single post

Are you saying it's a SeeD's job to shitpost away then?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

MagusofStars posted:

Have the Final Fantasy Legend games been re-released on mobile or Steam or the like? Would love to replay them but don’t feel like messing around with emulators or pulling out the old gray brick Gameboy.

Also, what’s the consensus on the mobile versions of the SNES FF’s? Worth the few bucks or are they so awkward to play on mobile that “screw it don’t bother”?

If you can get over the bad art, FF5 and 6 are at their core great games. FF4 uses the lovely 3D version, and I would rather play the GBA remake, which allows you to switch party members after you finish the tower of babel.

Best versions of each game are basically:
1 and 2: PSP version, GBA and mobile is also acceptable
3: NES
4-6: GBA, with speed patches applied
7: PS4/Steam remaster
8: steam, I guess
9: see 7
X/X-2: Remaster on every platform now
12: Zodiac Age release

Remakes of 7, 9 and 12 give fast forward buttons. 3 and 4's 3D remakes made the games worse.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

baram. posted:

the best version of 4 is the one from the complete collection on psp.

Does that version of IV have the optional dungeons from the advance version?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I have no idea where to post about it, so I'll do it here: decided to play some breath of fire 2 on GBA after a long time ago beating it on SNES. After spending an absurd amount of time grinding before the boss in the well, and looked it up and found out that they doubled experience and gold in the GBA release :stonk: what was I doing playing it during the SNES era??

The battle system and setting are all good, but I still can't believe Capcom re-released it and said "yeah, the original English translation was fine, let's not improve upon this."

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Coughing Hobo posted:

4DS isn't so much hard as there are a handful of bullshit enemies that don't follow the power curve established by the rest of the game

Said curve, while on average more difficult than the original, is also easily flattened out with some clever augment combos

First time I tried playing that I hoarded augments like I did elixirs, not knowing what to do with them. Oops.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Josef and Tellah are temp characters, though. Wouldn't say they count.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

cock hero flux posted:

you could replace zidane, kuja, and garland with solid, liquid, and solidus and the plot and dynamics would basically not change

Does that make Steiner Raiden then?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
When you reach Galbadia Garden, you'll want to be an average level of 20-30 and fight Cerberus, who you can draw triple from. Triple is a fantastic stat raising spell earlier on in the game. You'll never need to use them either because summoning Cerberus does it for you.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Elephant Ambush posted:

LOL this game seems poorly designed!

There's people that never touched the junction system and still beat the game, you tell me :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Rirse posted:

Wonder if it time for a new thread? I noticed the OP hasn't updated it in seven years!

lol the OP still calls it FF Versus XIII.