Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

ImpAtom posted:

See, you can describe FFXIII just as easily as you did as well.
You can pretty much use my blurb for FF6, 7, 10, and 13 with a little bit of tweaks. :v:

I was trying to make it sound kind of cool, but yeah, you can never boil anything down to that much simplicity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

To get a trophy. You need to beat the Dark Aeons to have access to Penance, iirc.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

If they don't make an FFX-3, then why even bother with the audio drama, it's dumb.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Pesky Splinter posted:

New trailer for FFXV:
http://n4g.com/news/1507392/heres-a-few-seconds-of-new-final-fantasy-xv-footage-from-latest-trailer

Nothing major. No HUD or anything ATM. There looks to be some context specific platforming stuff.
Kingdom Hearts without Disney

Also now that I'm playing FFXHD, I forgot how long the intro was. Like 2 hours and I'm still not out of Besaid yet.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Tidus/Miyu/Ropp is pretty much all you need on a Blitzball team. I'm only at Bevelle and I have all 3 on my team and we've 30-0 so far. Not that winning Blitzball is hard, but those guys shine exceedingly well. There was an issue early on when playing the Psyches, as their goalie has an 18 catch on level 1, but a sphere shot should beat him with Tidus.

Also, to everyone who got an FFX plat - how long did it take you to complete all the sphere grids? Do you need to fill all the empty nodes, or just activate all the nodes currently on the grid?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

It only took 10 minutes to get the 0.0.0 Chocobo time. Thanks for being my shield against the birds, other lady.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The 5 chest Chocobo race trophy is really harder than it should be because of those terrible tank controls for moving/camera angle switching.

Also, maybe it's because I've played it before but FFX seems easier than I remembered. I just took out Seymour at Mt. Gagazet in.. 10 turns?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Look, Yuna, I just want you to cast protect. I don't need a soliloquy on the nature of the spell.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Getting Zanmato to hit Dark Aeons is super satisfying. Soft Resetting is not.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The only trophies I need for FFX now are the sphere grid ones, Nemesis, and Penance. Is the Don Tonberry AP trick the best way to get sphere levels? I don't have all the stuff to do Double/Triple AP on weapons, but I do have Overdrive -> AP. Just testing it out, Tidus only gets probably 4-5 sphere levels before Tonberry stops doing Karma. Am I just not fast enough?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Re: FFX, you can also miss 4 Al Bhed primers. 3 in Home, 1 in Bevelle. Although it would be really hard to miss the Bevelle one.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Is there a formula for Auron's Shooting Star? Read in some guides that you can eject One-Eye and win the battle immediately, but it hasn't worked for me.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I can't stand MMOs in the year 2014, but really loved FF14. If it was F2P I'd probably still play it.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Just cheese Yojimbo and tell everybody how you really did it. Nobody will know the difference

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

ImpAtom posted:

It's pretty obviously setting up for FFX-3 which will be announced at TGS or something.
If it truly becomes a game, I really think they need to not acknowledge that FFX2.5 novel thing. The backlash was brutal in Japan. If you cut all that goofy stuff out, there could be a decent plot buried in there somewhere. Particularly Tidus struggling with coming back to life a bit weaker/different (which could just be an after thought of FFX-2, not because he was blowed up good). But then again there's that dumb emergence of Sin again, which makes little sense. Unless they want the storyline to be as long as Tidus can exist, so can Sin? So maybe they have to send him away again.

Why does Square hate happy endings? FF13 shits all over its characters for three games before writing self insertion fan fiction by the end of Lightning Returns.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Maybe it's a new Dissidia for consoles. Maybe she becomes an NPC in FF14 again. Maybe they're porting FF13 1-3 to Xbone/Ps4.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Is there a guide or site that has characters total stats if you max out the sphere grid without filling in the empty nodes? I'm tempted just to make them all mdef since that's the easiest to farm at the moment but I'm curious if at least strength / evasion / accuracy gets pretty high without help.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Coming to PS4 and Xbone too.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Flappy Cloud endless runner bike

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I'm so close to finishing the sphere grid for all the characters and then I never have to play FFX ever again.

Time to spend another 80 hours on FFX2.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Square spent like 10(!) years making FF13, including all the time they wasted on assets. Nothing but assets until they realized they actually needed to build a game around them. The development cost must've been so staggering because they've released 3 FF13 games to try and recoup on the budget of all that work.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

If you beat baby Omega Weapon you can probably cakewalk Sin.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

You all hear this laugh in your head.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Forgive me if it is old news, but Prima is re-printing strategy guides for FF7-FF9 with hardbound covers. Why? I don't know.

http://www.gamestop.com/strategy-guides/final-fantasy-box-set-ffvii-ffviii-ffix/116349

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Facepalm Ranger posted:

I was thinking of playing it via psp. If the game is running from a memory card that should make the loading times quicker...right? I don't have access to purchase the DS version for two months.
It might get a little annoying, but it will be fine.

The lag is because the PS1 game is emulating the SNES rom on disc, not because the PS1 has slow read times (Which would be fixed by an emulator), but because they coded it so poorly.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

code:
---Harlock------------------------------------------------------------
| Yes, definitely play Chrono Cross if you know what's good for you. |
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---Zappa---------------------------------------------------------------
| Och aye, definitely play Chrono Cross if ye ken what's guid fur ye. |
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

---Fargo--------------------------------------------------------------------
| Yarr, definitely play Chrono Cross if ye be knowin' what's jolly fer ye. |
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

abagofcheetos posted:

Someone is streaming Type-0 HD right now on Twitch.

First comment I read: "Is this a N64 game?"
Does it look fun at least? I resigned myself to ordering it, but now I am hesitating

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Please understand

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

To anyone that played more than an hour in Type Zero.

Can I not finish the Mayor quest in the first town? I collected all like 6-7 people and he still says 'half the town still hasn't shown up.' Guess I have to come back later?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Tae posted:

Did you check the doors? I remember a couple people are inside their houses.
I didn't think you could go in any buildings with how ugly they were.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

You only really need one super strong party in FFVI. Even the multi-party dungeons you can kind of cheese with the moogle charm, or just exit and re-enter the dugeon with your super team on a different path.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Earthbound guide was only good for the scratch and sniff stickers. Also I had a Pokemon Red/Blue guide that was pretty great.

My Final Fantasy VI guide is.. not great.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Eight Queen and Jack for best Zero party. And magicite gun girl.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

triplexpac posted:

Square should just go back to making SNES style RPGs if modern game development is so expensive. What are people going to do, stop buying Final Fantasy games?
That's what they did with Final Fantasy Dimensions on mobile. I do not know how well it sold.

I don't see why they couldn't have a small team that does games like that on a continual basis and put on more platforms.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I like the combat systems in Type zero. they're fun and fast.

I don't like the game structure with the time limits, the confusing and sometimes painful side quests and better yet the elite missions.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I finished Type Zero. It really falls apart in later chapters. This will probably be the last time I think about it.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I'm more interested in World of Final Fantasy

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

FFX-2 is really good and one of the best in the gameplay department.

I've been playing a lot of Theatrhythm lately and it just makes me realize how much I hated the FF13 series score. Most of the songs sound super similar and are just kind of boring.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

As much as I don't like 13, it's more playable and fun than 8 ever could hope to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

It me - the Japanese Jerry O Connell