Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

I know, he must not have made it to the end of FFXV. Somnus fit about as well as any FF song has ever fit. It was perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

Solaris 2.0 posted:

So I'm almost finished with Final Fantasy 7 and I love it. There are some seriously dated mechanics, but I never played many JRPGs when I was young (FF VIII being my only one when it came out) and now I regret that. Still, better late than never. I'm trying to decide which Final Fantasy to play next. My buddy lent me his copy of FFXV, however I am also eyeing the FFX, X-2 remaster on steam and, if I am lucky, FFVI if I can nab an SNES classic..

While I liked FFXV, a person would have to be very crazy to say that it's better than FFX or FFVI, so it's up to you if you want to save the best for last.

Don't forget about FFIV. It's great too.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

fridge corn posted:

who here is hype for the secret of mana remake?

I'd be excited if it didn't look like a phone game and worse than the original looked 20+ years ago.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

The White Dragon posted:

but it doesn't look like mobile trash! it's a great graphical overhaul, and it even remains faithful to the source material :)

It looks like Final Fantasy 4 DS. The game that every time I recommend it to someone I have to go "Yeah, I know it looks hideous as gently caress but the rest is so good it's worth putting up with how ugly it is."

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

fridge corn posted:

first time through FFT i got stuck at the roof of riovanes castle cuz i didn't bring anyone speedy enough and it was literally impossible to win

Secret tip: Remove everyone's armor. Then they'll stop going after Rafa because they just target the person with the lowest HP.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

Himuro posted:

So I somehow shocked myself playing FFXV. I surprisingly liked it when I went in expecting it to be bad. It had its issues, but it felt like I could see a semblance of the old Final Fantasy spirit and charm in between the flaws.

Sorry for being annoying in the past in this thread. What did the rest of you think of XV in the end? I still haven't beaten it because single player games make my attention drift these days and XV was no different, but I really plan on sitting down some day soon and beating it.

Same. I was surprised by how much I liked XV. The first FF since X that I didn't think was terrible. The chemistry of the cast made it fun. Battles were chaotic and engaging. It also ended really well.

You are Cindi, correct?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

Speaking of Xenogears and Chrono Cross, if you like music from those games, I highly recommend going here right now. https://www.twitch.tv/lara6683 A old stream of Lara playing 3 hours of Xenogears/Chrono Cross music on piano.