Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I beat Final Fantasy XIII. This came a lot faster then the other because I was already playing it off and on for a while in 2018 since the game was BC on the Xbox One. Didn't know when I stopped that I was literally only about three hours away from the ending. Had a lovely first attempt on the final boss with Lightning, Fang, and Sahz, killing Bart and getting to Orphan first form and just doing badly on it. I put the game to rest and went to bed, but had a power outage in the morning and so I had to redo the fight.

Thankfully I change things up and put Vanille in instead of Lightning and used the strategies I saw of having her cast Death on him, as it does 99999 damage on him during staggered. Between that and the poison, Orphan just died in about two minutes. Third form wasn't too bad outside of my first attempt to swap back to Fang as leader and her dying instantly to his special attack while Vanille barely takes damage from it :shrug:. It just rapidly died when I use Ravager and two comandos. Glad it done and I honesty liked 13 in the end. Probably won't go to 13-2 for a while through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Going to start up Final Fantasy XV on the PC. Want to play that version due to the mods...what the best ones to use? There so much stuff on the Steam workshop.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

MikeJF posted:

Apparently there were lightsabers in dirge of cerberus

Enjoy the costume design on the left, so deep and well-crafted. She's definitely a respected scientist.

EDIT oh jesus apparently the one with the lightsabers is "19-years-old though permanently stuck in the body of a young girl" burn the extended FF7 universe to the ground

When I was looking up World of Final Fantasy I saw she (the second girl) somehow was in that game.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Were any of the FFXV episodes any good and what time should I play them during the main game?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
How can you hate Quistis. She great and does have a really good ice burn toward Squall on disc 3.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
What about Quina/Vivi?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The PSP version is best for a more traditional version, with it using the GBA version as a base without some of the bugs that one had. It has a post game and option to use party members who never could be used after a certain point.

DS/Steam version is not suggested on a first playthrough, as it remixes a lot of the elements of the game while retaining the same world design. It much tougher as well due to bosses having entirely new AI and moves. Instead of getting to use the party members who leave again later, you gain their abilities that can be slapped on other temporary members to get their moves or permanent party members to boost them. Worth it for crying Kain.

SNES 'Final Fantasy 2' is either for nostalgically or speed running at this point or using the Free Enterprise.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I beat 13 last week and was pretty fun once you got the hang of the gambit system. I am on 15 right now and really enjoying it, but heard the later chapters are eh.

I want to play 2 again, but waiting on my replacement PSP Go component cable as the one I got is really lovely compared to the offical one I ordered.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Elephant Ambush posted:

13. It owns (except for the story (and Snow(gently caress Snow))).

On the bright side, the game has multiple cutscenes of Lightning punching Snow. Even in the big montage of events when the party is recovering before the final boss is a clip of Lightning punching Snow multiple times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZSoM5RjBWM

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Wonder if it time for a new thread? I noticed the OP hasn't updated it in seven years!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
A little bit more shading and other adjustments on the sprites and they wouldn't look too bad. But they look like clipart as they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Aldyrn doesn't even turn into a monster when you fight him. He just a dude dressed as the Tom Baker Doctor.

Anyway I got a new thread made.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3885196