Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Pinecone Sample posted:

Not sure exactly what you are trying to preserve or when this list was run but

https://lparchive.org/Smilies/smiliesList.txt

it is over 77,000 characters so not easy to copy and paste into a post

That's at least a ways out of date, I bought one in early 2020 that's not in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

This randomly came up in a different thread and made me wonder about it: is there some known reason :3: has the extra light pixel hanging out below it?

I know it's part of the charm now (and :kimchi: specifically kept it in) but I've never known whether it was a mistake, something put in to secretly annoy people, or something else. I found a discussion of it way back in the thread, but I only saw talk about it existing rather than why it's there.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Bring back :freeman:

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Smilies are pretty sloppy at the best of times, I'd assume it was a mistake.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

yea i always assumed the creator missed the pixel when applying the alpha channel

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

What's with people wanting Larry's name to be small. Is he just a small guy

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Please don't post about small larry.

MattJH
May 5, 2011

The following program includes performances by highly trained professional athletes. It is not recommended that their actions be imitated in any form whatsoever in the home.

Scaramouche posted:

Lardroom was a nonsense comic about a disfigured mother and child just saying lardroom over and over. The sniper appears to have their one eyed features, and was portmanteau'd into a snipe smiley for some reason.

Surreal that the comic became so appreciated here. It was used in promotional material for Barkmarket's 1994 Lardroom EP. The artist is Marina Zurkow. I showed her some of the contributions from the Comedy Goldmine thread and she loved them. Here's a color version:

It used to be a front page link on American Recording's Barkmarket website in the 90s. This archived version has it.

MattJH has a new favorite as of 01:44 on Aug 23, 2022

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

e: wrong thread

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i was pointed ot this thread, what's up with this guy :mrgw:

:thanks:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

That's Mr Water

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I guess that's related to why :whitewater: also has water in the name?

For the longest time I thought that smiley family came from that old Snood freeware game from 20 years ago, but its shape faces were different than I remembered:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Does anyone know about :baduk:?

I love him.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

Captain Hygiene posted:

I guess that's related to why :whitewater: also has water in the name?

For the longest time I thought that smiley family came from that old Snood freeware game from 20 years ago, but its shape faces were different than I remembered:

Holy poo poo that takes me back.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Always wanted to know why there is a Haibane Renmei emote :hr: HR is an anime I really like but never figured it to be well liked here much less enough to get a smiley so I would love to know the story

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Happy Landfill posted:

Always wanted to know why there is a Haibane Renmei emote :hr: HR is an anime I really like but never figured it to be well liked here much less enough to get a smiley so I would love to know the story

Pretty sure it's just that it was a cult classic in old ADTRW, and someone bought it to show their support for it :shrug:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
From earlier in this thread, a decade ago:

Twitch posted:

It was really huge in ADTRW 5 or 6 years ago, and if I remember correctly, for a couple years there was a tradition of watching it every Christmas.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

That's so neat :) cool, thank you! I guess I just wasn't sure if there was more to the story or not.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Did "SUCK MY DICK YOU FUCKMAN!!" originate on the forums?

If so where? Flame war? Some sort of inter forums war with like Ebaums world or some poo poo?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

wesleywillis posted:

Did "SUCK MY DICK YOU FUCKMAN!!" originate on the forums?

If so where? Flame war? Some sort of inter forums war with like Ebaums world or some poo poo?

Sort of. SAclopedia:

quote:

A catchphrase that became popular in GBS. The origin is from a conversation between a judge and a defendant during a hearing for the case of State of Georgia v. Denver Fenton Allen. The defendant is angry with the judge over a lot of poo poo and eventually this escalates to the defendant saying to the judge "Suck my dick, you fuckman."

The full transcript of the altercation can be found here: http://imgur.com/a/skffp

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Aside from the transcript of it, there are several readings of that on the internet, most notably the Rick & Morty one which is the one I remember getting shown a lot years back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vN_PEmeKb0

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

fartknocker posted:

Aside from the transcript of it, there are several readings of that on the internet, most notably the Rick & Morty one which is the one I remember getting shown a lot years back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vN_PEmeKb0

There's also a full-colour version!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bjDkQR57fA

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Full color is edited for tv iirc so stick with the b&w for the proper listening experience.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Is :d2a: from the comic Persepolis? Does anyone know what the little sign says?

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Happy Landfill posted:

Is :d2a: from the comic Persepolis? Does anyone know what the little sign says?
It's "Death To America", if memory serves - hence the abbreviation.

This is from last time it came up:

BlankSystemDaemon has a new favorite as of 23:19 on Nov 19, 2022

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

It's "Death To America", if memory serves - hence the abbreviation.

This is from last time it came up:

Makes sense. Thank you!

Edit: given recent events it would be funny if someone hacked that app and changed the emoji to say Death to Khamenei

Happy Landfill has a new favorite as of 23:34 on Nov 19, 2022

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Death to America was a Blue Train thing.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
The smilie I mean. Not the sentiment.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

I demand tell me the origin of :crabdrugs:.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Ariong posted:

It's like :catdrugs:, except for crabs

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
If you wait long enough all drugs become crab drugs.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Not a smiley question, but I'm not really sure where else to ask this. What's the deal with the "launch my balls into space" stuff from like the Trump thread in GBS?

Is there some idiom this started with which I'm not familiar? Where did it come from?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I assumed it was riffing on :hmbol: which has been around for years.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Garrand posted:

Not a smiley question, but I'm not really sure where else to ask this. What's the deal with the "launch my balls into space" stuff from like the Trump thread in GBS?

Is there some idiom this started with which I'm not familiar? Where did it come from?

at some point someone in the original lol trump is president thread said they were HMBOLing, howling my balls off laughing. Not sure which came first, but it just caught on.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Ariong posted:

Unsurprisingly it comes from the crab thread https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3840718

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Ariong posted:

CRAB DR[?]ES

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Zesty posted:

CRAB DR[?]ES

I hosed up resizing it without noticing, then lost the original frames before I got around to seeing if it could be fixed. Don't tell anyone :ssh:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

How's that?

edit: I could still spruce that up a little bit. Maybe give it better legs?

Zesty has a new favorite as of 08:02 on Nov 22, 2022

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Zesty posted:

How's that?

edit: I could still spruce that up a little bit. Give it better legs.

Any improvement would be welcome, fixed legs especially :crabcourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
It's such a tiny area to work in. It's already 5 pixels over horizontally. I can get 2 more pixels vertically though.