Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer

No-Jokes Feynman posted:

The biotruths derail is my least favorite recurring derail I ever heard of. Just because one example is wrong doesn't mean the genders are genetically identical or that evolution has no effect on behavior :v:

I can't quite figure out this emote means by context but I see it all the time--> :v:

I like to think of :v: as :haw: from the side, but where :haw: can come across as sarcastic, :v: is just happy and having a good time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

Grimey Drawer

JustFrakkingDoIt posted:

:tastykake:
That's a Tastykake, my friend, a brand of cakes and sweets local to Philadelphia, PA, and the nearby states. Goons...cakes...the connection spells itself out.

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

Grimey Drawer
We need an animated smiley that conveys giving up in despair, like :dawkins101: but without the Pope.

We have too many happy, energetic smileys. Not enough options to communicate crushing, paralyzing hopelessness and the futility of action or even existence.

Just my $.02!!!!

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Zetsubou-san posted:

as seen in this very thread! :eng101:

quote:

:lol: His teeth :lol:

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Is there a smilie request thread? Or is this it?

I feel like we need a smilie like :dawkins101: but without the religious context, or like :eng99: but animated to shake its head and without the scholar cap. Something that conveys the same sense of hopelessness and despair and throwing in the towel in defeat.

:negative: says this too, but doesn't quite hit that "I completely give up" quotient like that poor little round dude above and his miserable little face.

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Zesty posted:

Scholar + Bible

Scholar + Textbook

Bare + Red Book

Yo, these are perfect!! :neckbeard:

I want to buy at least the third one for the boards (maybe second one too, for the Venting About Students thread) , but I don't know what to call it.

: igiveup :
: hopeless :
: forgetit :
: yourignoranceisimpenetrableandihavenoenergylefttodiscussthisfurther :
???

E: Can we have exclamation marks in smilie tags? I'd call the second one : students! :

Rabbit Hill has a new favorite as of 19:38 on Nov 19, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Zesty posted:

Scholar + Textbook

Sup y'all, I just bought this one and called it : ignorance : :ignorance:

For use when you give up trying to educate someone hopeless, or if you're posting about a badly-researched or -written book.