Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

HorseRenoir posted:

Who is the guy in the :wtc: smilie?

Jonathan Frakes, of Star Trek fame.

No idea why him, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Seems simple enough. The 'A Song of Ice and Fire' books were adapted into the 'Game of Thrones' TV series.

Yeah, it's this. The series is somewhat (in)famous for its frequent and often unexpected plot-twists. The blood stems from the fact that the titular throne is a jagged metal one made out of melted-down swords:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

S-Alpha posted:

What's with the zombie-esque Oath Breaker avatar sets? I've seen them around here and there, but I don't know what they're about. SAclopedia doesn't really help in finding out their story.

It's from the Trad Games Oath thread. As a way to motivate themselves to finish painting their miniatures goons will "oath" some of them in that thread to be finished by a certain deadline. If they paint/model them well enough they might win prizes, if they fail to have them finished by the deadline they get the oathbreaker avatar. It's a bit like weight-loss toxxing over in YLLS.

Perestroika has a new favorite as of 12:02 on Jul 5, 2012

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Dessert Rose posted:

YOSPOS has semi-regular cryptanalysis competitions. That's one of the prizes.

Before somebody asks, the name is a reference to Bletchley Park, where much of the codebreaking during WWII was done.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

I think there were also a bunch of electricity outlets right underneath the ceiling, though I might be mixing that up with some other ill-advised goon house.