Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

With Eggplant Wizard's blessing, I present to you a thread in which you will explain (and probably argue at great length about) what the gently caress these things mean.

Some of them I can understand just fine: :aaa: Amazement. Pretty simple. There's other stuff like :eng101: that I gather has some kind of backstory with it but I get the general idea: academic smartness and poo poo. I love its variants too, like :pseudo: and :dawkins101:.

Then there's some stuff that I completely don't understand. Take this guy for example: :spergin: he seems like a pretty nice guy, right? What's he ever done to you to make you want to use him as the poster-child of asperger's? And what the gently caress is :itjb:?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Yo so what happened to the :science: variant where he's getting electrocuted?

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Hey so whatever happened to that :science: variant where it's like :pseudo: but he's electrocuting himself? Or was that just a gif someone made? Haven't seen it in ages.

edit: Found it. Dug up some others too.

Friar Zucchini has a new favorite as of 03:15 on Oct 22, 2015

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Choco1980 posted:

I prefer :confuoot: myself. "Uh...yay I guess??"

If only emotes would show up in thread titles. (ahem)

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

:cawg: Just something about that one...

Also why the gently caress is it "cawg"? The gently caress does that even mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Flagrant Abuse posted:

It's cackling aloud with gusto according to the mouseover text.
What mouseover text are you looking at? Mine's just "cawg" with :'s and no other text or explanation.

edit: :aaa: Well gently caress me sideways. Mouseover text in the smiley list thing, not in an actual forums post.

How the gently caress did I not already figure this out, I'm the loving OP of a thread about smilies. This leads to so many more questions.... Who is Ant Trap Anthony? "We have eternity to know your flesh"? :psypop:

At least I understand the one for :hist101:.

Friar Zucchini has a new favorite as of 05:47 on Oct 25, 2015