Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Splizwarf posted:

And Unreal was published in 1998. :slick:

I know there's the reference in UT2K4, but where was it in the original Unreal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Lightanchor posted:

Unless I'm mistaken, his girlfriend locked him in his house and he didn't realize for two days or know how to get out.

No, of course not, that would be absurd.

It was a crack house.

edit: after she let him out she broke up with him for being "too clingy" so he went to the train station and smoked a blunt with A Guy Named Mario.

Baron von Eevl has a new favorite as of 13:34 on Aug 12, 2014

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

chaos rhames posted:

He's not a gip guy, the saga was posted in the cinema discusso chat thread of all places.

Gen Chat is the best loving thread.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

p-hop posted:

Stairs in house came from this video. It also brought about "PAK CHOOIE UNF" and "protect you from the terrible secrets of space."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E0ot9iJm_k

I really think it was a Lowtax ICQ prank before it was a youtube video.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Ignimbrite posted:

also found this lmao

Oh poo poo, whatever happened to Scoots, anyway?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I think it's "cackle aloud with glee."

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I'm always disappointed when I'm chatting with someone in another messaging app and I can't use the perfect SA smilie. This happens a lot.

I added a bunch of them to my office's slack, including zoid, cute, psyduck, and an edited version of :same:

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
The biggest loss with not having rectangular smilies is no :iiam:

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Would still look bad and unreadable squished down to 25px wide or whatever.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I think it sets a hard limit of 125x125, but in almost applications that's getting shrunken down to a square that's the same size as the default font to fit on a single line, both horizontally and vertically. Once you get some decent emojis in its nice though, you can add reacts that tag at the bottom of any comment. Squaresame gets a ton of use.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Data Graham posted:

I wanna know how so many SA smilies end up in various companies' Slack libraries.

Clearly there is (or was) a goon working at X company, but how does one seek said goon out without publicly owning oneself

Either you're gonna out yourself as a goon to your coworkers or you're gonna dox your employer. Bah

If you go to add custom smilies in Slack it tells you who uploaded the others. The SA smilies I added that get the most non-goon use at my office are :zoid: and the 125x125 version of :same: I made.

edit: seriously, same gets used all the loving time now, it's maybe the most useful reaction to a post in an office setting

Baron von Eevl has a new favorite as of 13:10 on Sep 13, 2019

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Darth TNT posted:

I'm trying to figure out why you'd use :zoid: in an office. MY best guess is a shorthand to indicate the boss?

There are a bunch of futurama nerds in my office, but I think it also gets used as a sort of :toot: too.

Baron von Eevl has a new favorite as of 17:04 on Sep 13, 2019

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

okie dokie

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Powered Descent posted:

Has there ever been a case of someone waiting out a 100k-hour probe and then posting again? That's only eleven and a half years or so, so there's been plenty of time for it since The Beginning.

I think I remember someone (glistening hodor maybe?) Getting a 100k reversed and coming back after a few years, but I'm not aware of anyone posting again after the full 11.5 years.

Worth noting the only reason Abe upgraded them to a perma is they kept closing and reopening their awful thread while probed, which is apparently a thing you can do.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
There was a while where :eng101: variations were all the rage, probably 2006ish?

People were rushing to try and come up with new ones before anyone else, it was wild

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Pretty sure there also used to be :coolbuttbert: that was :colbert: but the face was a butt wearing sunglasses, and I think pooping onto the crossed arms.

edit: apparently it's called : c00lbutt :

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I remember hearing an interview with Rob McElheny talking about bulking up for Fat Mac and he started off trying to eat enough calories with relatively healthy food, but realized after like a week that he could either be getting the extra calories from eating like 6 extra meals of grilled chicken or whatever or he could just go to McDonalds like once.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Assistant Manager Devil posted:

I like the red version, and it looks better rounded to me - maybe if it's easy to clean up the corners a bit.

Agreed, I vote go with:

but rounded corners.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
"We sell very, very cheap food and have the option to give someone unlimited access to that cheap food for free. Who should we give this to?"
"Probably the person who is most able to afford to eat it any time they want and would never have to worry about the money."

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

I just saw :blyat: and while I assume it's somehow topical for the ww3 discussions going on, I can't help but complain about how poorly drawn it is.

That's all, thanks for reading.

It's not much below :piss:

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

teen phone cutie posted:

wondering who's responsible for all the SA smilies in my work Slack :colbert:

You used to be able to view all custom emoji and it would say who added each but I'm having trouble finding that now. Anyway it might have been me, I added a few like :3: :laugh: :psyduck: :stonk: and :thunk: to my office's channel.

edit
[Channel name dropdown menu on the left] > Administration > Customize [channel name]

Baron von Eevl has a new favorite as of 19:18 on Mar 18, 2022

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
If they're work buddies you could also always add custom smiles to a slack channel. My office really embraced using :same:.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Yeah, you gotta really game some of them. For :same: I made it a simple 2x2 square with the top letters being the pink "S A" and the bottom letters the yellow "M E"

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
If you wait long enough all drugs become crab drugs.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Mid 2000s? I don't know where goons got the picture but his stunningly symmetrical face set the forums ablaze. No, I don't think that meme ever really left the forums though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
He was enthusiastically eating some dudes punkin and well