Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

bahamut posted:

Don't really get why folks are going bonkers for Meikyuu all that much. Ah well.

It's just the concept for me. I'm interested in Tenra Bansho just because I've only read a handful of RPGs designed outside the US, much less a non-western one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Kwyndig posted:

That's very reasonable for a two book set, especially if there's color printing involved. He'll be getting my money.

Especially since it's like 700 pages worth of material. Definitely going to pledge.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Mikan posted:

I caved and went in for the $250 level. I'd go higher if I could afford it.
The $2800 reward is really cool.

Our Kickstarter dollars at work. :drac:

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

It'd be pretty cool if the KS makes enough that he isn't covering half the print run out of pocket. That's an insane level of dedication.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

LincolnSmash posted:

You know, I kind of wonder, in a more general sense, how the layout of JTRPGs compares to WTRPGs. We have some folks who do beautiful layout, especially in the indie community, but a ton of it is still horrible, even among second-tier publishers, and a lot of top-tier is just okay, not really anything special.

I honestly don't know how it's gotten so bad at some companies. With White Wolf books I count any time they actually use a legible header font as a win.

There are so many organizational and design problems that could be fixed if people just hired a good layout person. One of the reasons I'm confident in pledging for Tenra is that Luke Crane is working on that angle.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Wait, so in Meikyuu, I can be a Dungeon Master without being a Dungeon Master?

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

After someone in the comments suggested an Animal Crossing setting, I want that more than anything I've ever wanted for an RPG, to the point that I will just write it my drat self once I get the rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I wonder who complained so much they had to put this in the Ryuutama KS:

quote:

We support all types of gaming and playstyles: Atsuhiro-sensei plays everything from Warhammer minis (he will roll over you with his Skaven army) to Honobono-themed family games. We all love Ryuutama, and none of us consider it the Final Word of tabletop roleplaying; it's just another great, fun, well-designed game to put in your toolchest and play with your friends.

• Locked thread