Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

So I'm starting a Double Cross campaign because this game will allow me to run the Parasite Eve RPG I've wanted to for years (my players are really excited to battle 'uppity organelles'), but I wasn't sure where else to ask a couple rules questions and this seemed like the thread for it.

When you're Combining powers, the limitation is just 'same target' and 'same timing', right? Can you combine powers from two different syndromes? And if so, how does that interact with Concentrate?

Also, if you have Concentrate, can you use it on a physical attack with a weapon created from a syndrome or does it only trigger if you're using an actual attack power? This is important for their Brahm-Stoker/Exile The Thing But A Nice Young Lady character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Thanks, I must've missed the way Same Skill and Syndrome interacted.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Double Cross is really goddamn fun so far. I'm so glad it got translated.

I really like their solution to the possibility of rocket tag being every PC having a self-rez.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Really? I dumped the setting like, instantly because I thought it was dumb as hell but the system is perfect for finally having something that fits a Parasite Eve RPG (which, I know, also dumb as hell). I like the complete break between fluff and rules where you're free to fill in plenty but the actual rules definition of your abilities is concisely and clearly described.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Oh, no, the translation is still broken. But what I meant is that there's no big fluff mixed in with the mechanical description of what a power does, etc. Once you know the game's terms and format, it's easy to see what a power does and how to combine it.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Well, I mean, it's more a matter of which flavor of silly, considering I'm using it to write about what my players termed 'uppity organelles'. I'm not saying it's bad, just that the second I saw the system I was like 'Yes this is time for body horror superpowers and ridiculous psuedoscience.'

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

My first experience was as a Yakuza who had the ability to summon infinity guns and turn them into plasma pistols that shattered and rebuilt themselves from the force of his shots. I got to turn a forklift into a flaming, mono-molecular-bladed ride and go Staplefahrer Klaus on some motherfuckers. It was great.

Also, if you're Guarding with a sword and shield or something, do you get the Guard stat for both items?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I guess that still leaves a place for the Black Dog/Chimera who uses Power Arm to one-hand a massive fire-axe (refluffed Two Handed Sword) and wield her Cyber Arm (fluffed as massive superhuman strength) in her off-hand. Since she could still do 5 Guard or choose to use the more accurate, less-damaging arm without having to swap weapons, but makes it a bit less valuable than combining them to 8 Guard.

• Locked thread