Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Captain Walker posted:

You'll have to explain this one to me

Depth perception really sucks with 1 eye

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
I'm going to be playing a Yakuza game in a month, and not worrying that it's possibly going to be the last one. And the one after that.

Gio Corsi saved 2016.

pick-e
Aug 10, 2014
As a new PS4 owner I'll happily be playing Yakuza 0 in a month also. With that said however I now see why I didn't buy the console until now, as every game I'm playing and will be playing on it for some time to come are games I have or could have played on the PS3 haha. Thank goodness 0 / Kiwami / 6 are getting physical releases as it took ages to download 5 and that's not something I want to go through again!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I've a confession to make. I'll be getting married in a year and some change, and I've managed to convince my bride to be to allow silver and maroon colors for my part of the wedding.

My dumb, pasty white rear end will be a tribute to Kazuma Kiryu. I don't know if this makes me the king of dorks, but I'd argue I should be in the running, at least.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Shinjobi posted:

I've a confession to make. I'll be getting married in a year and some change, and I've managed to convince my bride to be to allow silver and maroon colors for my part of the wedding.

My dumb, pasty white rear end will be a tribute to Kazuma Kiryu. I don't know if this makes me the king of dorks, but I'd argue I should be in the running, at least.

That's beautiful, man!

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

You make my korokoro go dokidoki.
It's not a true tribute until you get into a shirtless fist fight with someone at the reception, preferably a significant friend/loved one.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
consume energy drinks until you start to glow, then pick up the maid of honor to use as a blunt weapon against the best man.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

TheLoser posted:

It's not a true tribute until you get into a shirtless fist fight with someone at the reception, preferably a significant friend/loved one.

Also make sure you do it on the roof.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Millennium tower should also explode at some point

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I had a chance to play some more Yakuza 5 last night, I punched a bear out.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

TheLoser posted:

Also, the fistfight is over something like you and them disagree over DJ versus live band for the reception entertainment. After you beat the everliving poo poo out of them, including hitting them with tables, stomping on their faces, and burning them on the buffet table, they get up, looking a bit mussed and panting, and agree that you were right, and offer to DJ/Play at your child's future wedding. The two of you are then best buddies 4eva.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
The wedding invitation needs a picture like this on it

but with you and your fiance.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
The first Yakuza game I'll be playing without getting the items you get for having previous games' saves.

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Investing in chewy toy futures
You know what would be neat? If they gave you the items based on having different trophies from the other games.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

In Yakuza 5, I am at the part where I learned how to lay traps to capture idiot rabbits, how much do I have left on this stupid mountain? I just want to go back to Tokyo and beat up people.

RICHUNCLEPENNYBAGS
Dec 21, 2010

I said come in! posted:

In Yakuza 5, I am at the part where I learned how to lay traps to capture idiot rabbits, how much do I have left on this stupid mountain? I just want to go back to Tokyo and beat up people.

You can tarry and hunt for a long time or you can rush. It's not that much if you rush. But I think the hunting games are kind of fun.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
Switching back to Akiyama in 5 made me wish all of the street battles were opt-in like in Haruka's section. I feel like they made troublemakers a lot denser in 5. A few times I've seen two of them right next to each other.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
When I started playing 5 I was all "sweet the fights take a lot less time now since they removed the dialogue parts". Then I discovered there were a lot more thugs than usual. To be honest I thought the taxi missions were more fun than running around a town yet again.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

So did you guys come up with a good subtitle for a Yakuza Zero thread? Because I'm gonna get started on that soon.

I've finally gotten around to finishing Yakuza 5, came out during a bad time in my life and just now I'm getting back around to it before Zero, gonna get the Platinum but it's been a pretty fun ride. I think Shinada's campaign is way better than I originally thought it would be and made up for that snoozefest of Haruka & Akiyama's campaign.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Yakuza 0 - Gio Corsi: The Promised One

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
shinada's section is great apart from him not being that fun to play as

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yakuza 0: "We ain't thugs! We're "businessmen of the night"!"

(It is a Goro quote)

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I guess I'm the only one that enjoyed how Shinada fights. I'm close to beating 5 after taking a year off and boy does it just keep going after the obligatory rooftop battle.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Shinada feels like a really neat concept for a character who fights based around pro wrestling but they never quite pulled the trigger on it. His story is fantastic though.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I miss Tanimura's fighting style.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Marogareh posted:

I guess I'm the only one that enjoyed how Shinada fights. I'm close to beating 5 after taking a year off and boy does it just keep going after the obligatory rooftop battle.

Nah, Shinada was my favorite.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Zaggitz posted:

Handcuff HEAT actions were the best, it's true.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Zaggitz posted:

Same. It was so loving good.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
sadly, only random thugs were vulnerable to most of tanimura's best moves. i dunno why they disabled the mid-parry heat move, since it just did damage rather than a k.o.

Raften
May 20, 2007
Cognates! They stay crunchy, even in milk!
Is Amazon offering release-day shipping for Yakuza 0? I thought they offered that free for all new game releases, but they want me to pay for one day shipping.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

i think they only offer it for games that are popular

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

My Amazon preorder says it will ship Jan. 20th to make it for the 24th. I have Amazon Prime though I don't know if that makes a difference.

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Investing in chewy toy futures

Raften posted:

Is Amazon offering release-day shipping for Yakuza 0? I thought they offered that free for all new game releases, but they want me to pay for one day shipping.

I'm a prime subscriber in a major metro area so take this with a grain of salt.

In my experience my standard 2 day would get me release date, arriving late in the day. If I pay for the one day delivery, it goes on the morning truck and I get it earlier

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I also have Prime, and mine says release date is the 24th, with release-day shipping confirmed.

It's also out within a week of 3 other games I've been waiting for, and I've never been angrier.

Raften
May 20, 2007
Cognates! They stay crunchy, even in milk!
Huh, this morning Amazon is offering it. That's real weird. For reference, I have prime and I live in a city where they offer same day shipping.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Almost 100% Completion, I feel clinically retarded for being able to destroy Nagoya Batting Center but goddamn I just cannot get 5 swings in a row on this Academic course in Kamurocho.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Everyone already preordered Yakuza 0, right? Right??

https://twitter.com/LennyReviews/status/821224344089149440

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I have now!

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
Goddamn right, though it makes me sad that the 80s, my childhood, is now considered old enough to qualify as period drama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Can I put Nugget in the ring as my prize fighter?

• Locked thread