Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frabba
May 30, 2008

Investing in chewy toy futures

Yechezkel posted:

How many fistfights with bears are there in this game? I'm up to 3 now.

Have they all been with Saejima?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Yechezkel posted:

Yes. The funniest bear battle was at the end of the hunting substory. Saejima finally has his chance to take out the big bear terrorizing the village, but the bear wouldn't go down from the rifle shots. After the bear knocked the rifle out of Saejima's hands, he just decides to have a fistfight with the bear again.

That was up there with the tiger fights from Yakuza 2.

I wonder if they're doing a callback to Hajime no Ippo, one of the major characters in it also fights a bear, and is voiced by the same VA as Saejima https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJQLQK7tsUc

Frabba
May 30, 2008

I'm going to have to finish 5 before 0 comes out, I really wish this series was on PS now so that I didn't have to dig my giant PS3 out of storage to do so.

Frabba
May 30, 2008

You know what would be neat? If they gave you the items based on having different trophies from the other games.

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Raften posted:

Is Amazon offering release-day shipping for Yakuza 0? I thought they offered that free for all new game releases, but they want me to pay for one day shipping.

I'm a prime subscriber in a major metro area so take this with a grain of salt.

In my experience my standard 2 day would get me release date, arriving late in the day. If I pay for the one day delivery, it goes on the morning truck and I get it earlier

• Locked thread