Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
The third game has an amazing ending. I was impressed, and yet it had all the components of a Yakuza ending to the point of almost being predictable. Rikiya dying was the saddest I've ever been, and I definitely called Daigo rolling off the hospital bed to kill a few guys.

C'moooon Yakuza 5 announcement, where are you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Samurai Sanders posted:

The intermediate results are...not so surprising.

edit: after spending her entire childhood surrounded by the manliest men ever, how could Haruka NOT grow up into a hard-boiled gangster slayer?

Aw, but Date and Rikiya are 11th and 12th :unsmith:

Voting Arai and Kido every day.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Infinity Gaia posted:

He didn't laugh at the idea of her getting raped because she's too fat. He laughed at the idea because she's actually apparently a really crazy good martial artist. It comes across weird, but that's the interpretation that makes most sense to me, considering Akiyama never really brings up her body weight otherwise.

Doesn't it happen really early before Hana is established as a martial artist though? You're right but the "haha but you're fat" angle is the impression the line gives and that sticks a bit I think

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Samurai Sanders posted:

If Yakuza is the only Miike film you have seen, you gotta branch out from that. Watch Ichi the Killer or Happiness of the Katakuris next. The Yakuza movie is the least him movie he has made.

I feel it's important that we remember he also directed the Phoenix Wright movie, of all things

Dude just likes videogames

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
The manzai game is brilliantly fun, I want more.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Rouge of Love is the best karaoke song. You do it as Saejima and he surprises you by killing it. If you didn't go do karaoke during the dream sequence, you're bad at this game. Eventually you end up trying it as Shinada and, well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGKuyFfTzOI

I spent a week or so with Pure Love in Kamurocho exclusively stuck in my head and that was real painful but it's great, Akiyama and Hana is the best version. Honourable mention has to go to Get To The Top, but only because of Majima's... attempt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooFoNwoMxjY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
5 also has the prison break/mountain stuff which might test the patience of a newcomer who's made it through Taxi Man.

Go with 4 as your first. If you don't like it after Akiyama's quarter you won't like any of the others. And it'll at least introduce you to Daigo and company in a way that might make sense. And all the plot from the previous games is available in the reminisce section. Hey you never know, you might get into the plot.

• Locked thread