Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Once you sort of reach the expected level for where you are in the story the random encounters fall off a lot, to the point of almost stopping completely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

gyrobot posted:

This is the best thing ever, seeing the DOAX3 and their ilk suffer seeing how they will be denied fanservice games in the future while we get one of the best games from Japan.

Surprise, it's all the same people

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

the missile launchers coming out of nowhere at the end of kiryu's part was loving hilarious

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Shinjobi posted:

Gonna be buying this tonight, FINALLY.

Any advice for someone starting 5? I've played the others in the series, but I'm unfamiliar with any of this game's potential surprises.

just dont go crazy picking up locker keys as haruka because nothing in the lockers does her any good

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Haruka is freakishly tall

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

She's as tall as most of the full blown adults in the game except for the other playable characters who are all giants of course. It's crazy looking haha

Just got to Akiyama, wish he didn't still have heat moves that go on way too long. That man is fully dead Akiyama, you can stop kicking him now. Please.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

this ufo catcher with the bat you have to get in a hole is insanely hosed up

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

fwiw the guide says marlins are only at night. at least it worked for me.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

please don't judge haruka

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

last chapter one day daigo will successfully manage to be cool. one day... :qq:

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Shinjobi posted:

I think he manages just fine considering the men he has to work around. Like, Daigo looks like a dork to us because we play as Kiryu and other badasses.

I want to believe that Daigo is cool.:unsmith:

well I spoke too soon, he managed to pull it together in the end. you're alright daigo :unsmith:

e: ending was pretty emotional for me, I'm glad I started the series from the beginning. 57 hours, 38.01%. Hell of a game.

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Jan 3, 2016

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

just like everything else from yakuza 2 :qq:

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

would explain why 1 and 2 have pretty good stories and everything since has been kind of a mess

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Imagine if Saejima just wasn't in prison again

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Lucinice posted:

Did anything in Shinada's chapter end up mattering? I can't think of anything that made the baseball conspiracy connect to the main plot.

The bad guy shot the team manager at the end of it, maybe that was supposed to be important. It's hard to tell because it's never once brought up after that cutscene.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Frabba posted:

I wonder if they're doing a callback to Hajime no Ippo, one of the major characters in it also fights a bear, and is voiced by the same VA as Saejima https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJQLQK7tsUc

holy poo poo

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Samurai Sanders posted:

Playing Zero again, Kiryu is the same person as ever, but Majima is such a completely different person it's nuts. You are told that this isn't the real him, just a role he has to play until he fulfills his debt to the yakuza, but it's far beyond that. The game goes out of its way to demonstrate that he's an expert businessman, an expert manager, and an expert at the hostess business, and always the cool head in the room. Where did all this knowledge come from? Where did it all go later, when he became a career crazy person with no particular interest in money or power?

edit: I guess come to think of it, he probably met Mirei through the entertainment biz (maybe they said explicitly in 5 but I forget), but that doesn't happen in Zero.

i was annoyed that they never bothered in 5 to like, expound on their marriage because it still seems super crazy. I was expecting Haruka's whole meeting with Park's ex-husband after the concert to actually happen which could have been a pretty cool moment where maybe they talked about it a bit but nope

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

buying kiwami gets you a demo for 6 on the 28th

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

The Macaroni posted:

Question about Saejima's hunting missions: After a couple of tutorials, there's a mission where you're supposed to go find an injured man and the village leader (Nakima?) on the mountain. No matter what I do, Saejima collapses in the blizzard next to the injured man. Is there a way to succeed at this, or is it a 100% fail that just leads to the other missions?
There's a pretty good Japanese TV drama about the granddaughter of a yakuza leader who decides to become a schoolteacher. Now that I think about it, it's a lot like a Kiryu side story mission.

That's just the way that mission goes

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Can't wait to break out of jail again with my friend Saejima

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

6 demo is up if you bought Kiwami. no load times :woop:

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Maybe worth playing just because it'll probably be the last yakuza that plays like that, since they're changing things up some for 6. Hard to tell how much from the demo though, like the difference between what's an actual change and what's just incomplete isn't really clear.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

There's no way it sold well, just like they knew it would going in

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

It is worth it because they're all good games but you don't have to

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

imo Kiryu should either fully all the way retire or actually go back and run the clan for real because the constant back and forth is getting silly and also makes him look bad

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I don't like Akiyama much because all his heat moves go on foreeever.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Cop guy was my favorite and I'm sad he's gone

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

i think they only offer it for games that are popular

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

what makes camera control feel old

• Locked thread