Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Knowledge is born from Curiosity.
You can eat bait to lower your health. I forget which ones work best though.

Edit - Searching says the Manila Clam is best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Broseph Brostar posted:

and then you can't even use that item in a new game plus because you can only transfer her items in the post game bonus round thing

I'm pretty sure she gets included in the whole shared inventory thing in a premium new game. You are only screwed if you wanted to have those items in your first playthrough.

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Akiyama doesn't really have access to good ways to make money in his chapter, but if you can find the locker keys with the mahjong cheat items, you can get some platinum plates out of that which is more than enough to carry you through the restaurants/hostess club/whatever else you need to spend money on. It's either that or fishing.

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Playing as Akiyama for the limited berserk arena event is incredibly frustrating.

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Street brawls give about 500xp per enemy at the end (even more with a certain armor) so they are pretty quick to grind with, and levels start taking over 30k xp. Saving side stories is definitely optimal, but you'll be lucky to get a single level out of them at the end. None of the characters except Akiyama really need the extra levels/skills though.

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Lord_Pigeonbane posted:

Any tips for beating Jo Amon? This must be the hardest fight in the game, right?

I just komaki tiger dropped him to death. You can try the parry if you suck at tiger drop but that will be much slower. Only try to fight him when he is blue. If he is red then run away until he isn't, if he is red and spawned umbrellas, use your dragon spirit to avoid the umbrellas and then turn it off and run away. I've also read that you can loop him with a throw, pick him up from the head so he is stunned, attack his back with square x4, triangle, circle combo which puts him on the ground again, repeat. Obviously bring tons of healing items as well.

evilalien fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Jan 4, 2016

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Lord_Pigeonbane posted:

Okay. I'll give your advice a shot tomorrow. I'm a little too frustrated to play well right now.

Thanks!

If you need tiger drop practice, the arena is a great place to learn how to use it effectively. It really trivializes any fight as Kiryu/Saejima.

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

absolutely anything posted:

A better thing to do when he turns red is to also turn red. Your square attacks will bounce off him but they'll also do damage. When you're about to run out then you should run away, yeah. Not too far away though. If you lock on to him and sorta walk away at mid range when he's red he'll usually just impotently try to start a combo over and over until he runs out. Beyond that just fuckin' tiger drop all day

Oh yeah, totally forgot to mention that trick to avoiding his attacks in red heat mode. Definitely do that.

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Nice, glad that worked out for you.

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Captain Novolin posted:

I was playing on a virtua fighter machine since apparently with those you can just leave and let it run until you win or run out of balls. i never had more than ~280 balls, though, so i'm pretty sure the jackpot I got by using the guaranteed jackpot item was worth maybe 20 tops.

You should be getting well over 1000 balls from one of those jackpot items on a Virtua Fighter machine. You aren't doing something dumb like overshooting or not shooting balls while the jackpot is active? You want as many balls as possible landing in that little tray near the bottom that opens and closes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Serious Frolicking posted:

So is the pachinko completion cumulative? I can't tell, because I have literally never won a single ball in pachinko.

Nope, gotta earn the required amount in a single session.

• Locked thread