Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ChibiSoma posted:

Get the last copy Best Buy had, get it home, go to install it... 360 makes some ugly, ugly noises and the install won't start.

So hurray, either my copy of the game is hosed in the ear or my 360 is dying. Again. For about the fourth time in a year.

Lemme kill some manticores and poo poo, god dammit! :argh:

E: Thought it might be the hard drive, but the game saves/loads just fine and plays alright without being installed. Obviously I don't want to just play from the disc, though. Anyone got any ideas?

My copy did this too. I think it may be something with the game as other things install fine. I just kept trying and it eventually installed without trouble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The combat in this game is just amazingly... I'm not even sure how to describe it. Amazingly physical. It feels like you're interacting in a way games normally don't. I had a situation where an enemy wizard was stomping all over my pawns for some reason and I ended up just picking him up and tossing him off a nearby cliff. It felt completely natural and reasonable as a combat option.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I really do think I love this game. Yeah, the story is awful, yeah it has annoying design quirks, but holy poo poo the combat feels so good. Being able to physically interact with enemies really means something and it gives the entire game world a sense of weight that is almost otherwise absent in games.

• Locked thread