Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Thundarr posted:

Playing it as SwordGuy is definitely harder than going straight magic user, though it can be a lot more viscerally fun when things are actually capable of killing you just by virtue of being within range of their attacks. Plus, chopping evil eyes in half with Arc of Obliteration never gets old.

Arc of Deliverance is a beautiful, beautiful attack. Massive, unwieldy and I'm sure it's pretty inefficient for its payoff but if that motherfucker catches the goat head on a Chimaera it's almost a guaranteed kill.

There's something super-satisfying about landing a good hit and watching multiple health bars dissolve as a result.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
Turn hard mode on. It's good fun and the fat stacks of cash that everything drops makes it double fun.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
Holy poo poo, that FAQ is so insane I'm almost inspired to pick the game back up and play again.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Harrow posted:

I posted in Haus of Tech Support, but my guess is I probably just need to buy a new hard drive.

One problem is that I don't have my old Windows 7 activation key so if I do need to do a clean install of Windows 10 I'll probably have to buy a product key, which is upsetting. I don't really feel like dropping the money on both a new hard drive and a Windows 10 key right now, so, y'know. I hope there's a better solution.

My timing is terrible.

You don't need a new drive for a hosed up OS installation. You'll be OK, and there is no reason why you won't also be able to learn about the hunting habits of wolves with the rest of us.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

The Marauder posted:

The thing I am wondering about most is how well the PC port will handle non-standard/ultra-wide resolutions. I just hope the UI doesn't end up all stretched out and terrible looking.

From the Steam FAQ thread (updated on the 8th):

quote:

Q) Does the game still have letterboxing? [*UPDATED* Jan.8]
A) PC version now features full screen rendering without letterboxing on standard 16:9 aspect ratio widescreen monitors. 21:9 ultra widescreen monitors are not supported natively due to fixed UI elements.

Modding's not out of the question yet, though.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
Not sure if anyone linked the new/PC release thread, but it's here if you missed it.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
It was fine for nobody, but some people had an easier time dealing with it.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
The game does have a slight delay when you connect some attacks (Arc of Deliverance for example) for stylistic purposes, though.

That's still present in the PC version, which is great because it makes the attacks feel extra-beefy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
Fracture Dart is great, I was running it through post-Daimon BBI and once you've got the timing/aiming set on it, it's really great at knocking down enemies while still doing tons of damage.

Works a treat for knocking Daimon out of his vortex animation if you can get the distance right!

• Locked thread