Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
This game's great in some places and loving abysmal in others, it feels like the game is constantly trying to gently caress you over with bullshit quests (kept meat and fish quest can go gently caress themselves in the arse) but some of the combat is great,story's godawful,character creation's great,exploring's good but there should have been horses to ride.

And everything sounds better in Japanese.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Genocyber posted:

Not Grigori. :colbert:

:love: David Lodge

Yeah something about an American dragon just sounds...wrong, but he does get better lines later on.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Things that would have made this game better, or what they should put in a sequel (if there ever is one)

.Axes,it's possible to make a really good Slaine lookalike with the character editor but it's just not the same without a big Axe

.Better Tattoos and scars, basically up all the already great customisation features.

.Make the setting less dungeons and dragons and more Fire and Ice.

.Don't go back to the Pawns, just let us pick our comrades and leave the magic stuff out of it, it did absolutely nothing for the story.

.More enemy types,less cyclops and chimeras.

.Better voices, let's have a sean bean voice or irish voices for our dwarf companions.

.Better rewards for quests, or just better quests in general, no more fetch quest for god sake, does anyone in tyool 2016 really enjoy fetch quests? seriously?

.Let us customise more than one companion, I made my character a perfect lookalike of Aragorn, made my main pawn a gimli lookalike and even got a legolas archer,managed to get a Gandalf from the rift and he was perfect.....then I exited the rift and found he had a chipmonk voice :cripes:

Anything I missed?

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Also that abyssal eye fight was great fun once I figured it out.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Sylphosaurus posted:

Those features are what made this such a fun game, we don't need another grimdark, pretentious setting such as A song of ice and fire but more goofy DnD campaign shenanigans viewed through the lens of a bunch of japanese developers. The pawns are also such a fun and original concept that this game would have felt even more unfinished without them.

Late response here but what I meant with the pawns was the backstory of the pawns being these weird not human things that are completely subservient slaves.
I'd prefer if you could just hire people like you can now but there was no magic backstory they were just normal people.

• Locked thread