Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Goddamn living in the UK, we get ours on the 25th. Friday can't come soon enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Nice thing about it being out in the US for a few days is us EU-Crew can ask our questions before spending our money!

My only real question is with the amount of content. Is the OP list just a few of the monsters or are there only ten across the whole of the game? I know there are smaller ones like goblins and stuff but only ten 'big' monsters doesn't seem like very many.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Stuck my pawn on the master list and found out I've actually been using a goonpawn all along! Kyrie has gotten me through many a scrape and seems to actually Do Things, unlike so many warrior pawns I see. Check out Sara if anyone needs a decently-equipped and -skilled Strider.

So far the game is everything I'd hoped it would be. Just wish the Berserk armour wasn't postgame. :(

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Man I'm on the fence about new game +. Might just erase my data and start over to try the other classes. I thought it would be like Dark Souls and raise the monsters to be equal to you but everything is normal damage and I steamroll it. Half th fun is taking down stuff that's hard to kill. :(

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Fuzz posted:

I loved Dark/Demon's Souls and I love Monster Hunter. I should probably get this, huh.
Yes absolutely.

Edit: Does newgame+ have anything a fresh game doesn't or is it really just "go back to start"?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Man what's with those sword-and-shield bandits they sprinkle into bandit packs at the start of the game that are about five times tougher than their buddies? I've started a new game playing as a strider and since the game has no dodge I'm really feeling the pain from those guys. :(

also a kitten thanks for using my old pawn for as long as you did. I assume you sent it back when you went to a rift and found it no longer existed/was now level nine, so it came back to me with about 30k-worth of Rift Crystals for my new one. :)

Pierson fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jun 3, 2012

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Mr Asshat posted:

So what is a good main pawn for a character who is all out offensive, is it possible to make a good support mage?
I don't see why not. Fill it full of Affinity and healing spells and it won't really have a choice. :haw:

Also quick question; Is minmaxing my stats going to be important for the Ur-Dragon? I want to try out all the classes on one character, this isn't going to gimp my stats any huge amount right?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
HUMAN BONES

THAT MOVE ON THEIR OWN!?

But yes throwing things off cliffs is just the best loving thing. I don't know anyone who, on first getting inside the Everfall, didn't immediately start tossing skeletons off the side.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
The seller only turns up in the postgame. He also solves your other problem because for 10,000RC he sells an item that lets you totally rename, reconfigure and change the look of you and your pawn.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Man I really hosed up. I saved before handing in the Wakestones for the final ending and then went ahead to do it just to see the ending again. Now both that save and the autosave take me to after I handed them in but before I jumped. Now I can't fight Ur-Dragon or finish up the Everfall. Guess this is the excuse I need to go through again with a new class.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Is there any reason to take the basic Mage class to max? I've seen some amazing spells fired off by renting pawns but most of them seem to belong to Sorcerer.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Well for some reason the update killed my savegame, not sure if I want to play through the whole thing again now. :( At least I got to see most of the classes in action though. I'm glad to see it sold so well though, I hope they do another.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Man seeing everything in the game just got so much easier now that I know the exploit to get basically infinite vocational exp with zero effort or risk. Levelled Sorcerer to 10 for myself and my pawn tonight and goddamn, goddamn the spells in this game are so amazing. I really can't think of another game recently that has such great stuff you could throw out. Really makes other fantasy games look like they aren't even trying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Does Bitterblack swerve between 50+ appropriate mobs and others that are just huge huge pools of health all the way to the bottom? It wasn't so bad until I got past the giant Beholder and now everything just takes so goddamn long so kill it isn't fun. I'm 46 with postgame gear (not seen a single Bitterblack weapon or armour yet) and my pawns are set up to be actually useful so I'm pretty sure it isn't them.

• Locked thread