Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Ending spoilers: I was kinda bummed about the ending, especially the whole DR1, 2, and 3 never happened thing, until someone pointed out that it's not really a condemnation of the audience as much as it is playing into the whole "Lies can effect the truth", or in other words "Fiction can effect reality" theme. It certainly helped once I read that it wasn't supposed to seem as "gently caress y'all series is over, peace out" as it ended up. I'm warming up to it slowly but surely.

Also I still feel vindicated in considering immediately lifting up Kokichi and breaking his spine over my knee like Jason Voorhees the second Monokuma announced the first blood perk way back in chapter one. Later dorks I did you guys a favour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Anyone who puts Kokichi above Kaito is my blood enemy, and our bloodlines shall feud for generations

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Kokichi is 100% responsible for Miu's death, and everyone in V3 really died. The 'fictional' description is only because their personalities were supposedly invented via flashback lights. Kokichi's a murderer and Gonta's the murder weapon. He could have just not gone into the virtual world but instead he chose to commit a murder. Kokichi loving SUCKS

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

MegaZeroX posted:

I thought the punishment for dying was that you had to play in the next game. Hence why if they voted for "hope" in the end, Keebo and Maki sacrificing themselves would make it so they had to participate in the 54th season.

The sacrifice means they die straight up. 'surviving' means playing in the next killing game.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I voted for Kokichi in trial 4 out of frustration, and it showed two votes for Kokichi and continued anyway since everyone else voted for Gonta.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Miu rules (Talent Development scene spoiler)

:ussr: THE MEANS OF INVENTION BELONG TO THE PROLETARIAT, CULL THE RICH

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Danaru fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Oct 20, 2017

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

fractalairduct posted:

8. Miu – Miu is the character I think I did the most complete turnaround on. I thought I’d hate her going in, but her gimmick managed to be consistently funny without getting too fanservicey or too over the top. If you must have a pervert character, she’s far better than someone like Teruteru or Hifumi. Her inventions were super useful, her interactions with Kokichi are hilarious, and she also managed to endear herself to me by being one of the ones who didn’t buy into Angie’s cult.

spit on my clit posted:

don't you fuckin diss hifumi, he died respecting women

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Honestly I found Trial 3 more annoying the second I saw the scythe under the floorboards, I knew who the killer was and how he did it, but I still had to spend the next hour or two walking Shuichi through it. :argh: Ultimate Detective my rear end.

As for Trial 2, I legitimately had a good case against Kokichi, but all the same evidence I was using to point to him also pointed to 2B (most notably their alibi being them playing 'tag'). I'm hoping it's on purpose since there's unique dialogue for Kokichi alone if you accuse him there.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I've never understood the hate for the english voices, the only person whose voice I hate is Byakuya and that's because he's the loving worst everything

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
If it were me, my plan would be to have someone I don't like get REAL mad at me, like outright yelling in front of people, an hour or two afterwards ask a couple people if they've seen my handbook because I can't find it, then that night quietly stab the poo poo out of someone unrelated and frame myself.

I'm talking my clothes covered in blood hidden at the crime scene, the murder takes place somewhere I normally hang out, leave my student handbook at the scene, type up a note telling my victim to meet me at the spot, just make the sloppiest loving crime scene possible.

Then at the trial: "I have a bad habit of leaving my room open! Anybody could have taken my clothes!" "My handbook went missing sometime after my argument with X!" "They typed the note because they couldn't imitate my handwriting!"

Nobody EVER expects the Double-Unruse Ruse, you let them solve the mystery they want to solve, while the real mystery hides underneath :ocelot::smuggo:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
My personal favourite Hangman's Gambit was Hajime trying to figure out what an elevator is

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

HGH posted:

I'll still always find it funny how much difficulty people had with On The Bone Meat.
Er, I mean Bone The Meat On. No wait The Meat On Bone?

I got my first game over from that :mad: I was also drinking heavily and couldn't remember which combinations I'd already tried, so that didn't really help.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Irony Be My Shield posted:

The way the question is framed and the available options makes you think you're trying to express an idea ("It's on the...") rather than just naming a single object. V3: "Ropeway" just seems like a weird translation choice, unless it's a more common word in the US. I think the only other context I've ever heard that word in is the Hakone Ropeway.

I'd never heard the tearm "Ropeway" before, but after I had "rope", it wasn't a huge stretch. Seesaw Effect hosed my poo poo up though

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Someone on the subreddit pointed out something that really changes in meaning after beating the game :gonk: (Full V3 Game spoilers) cut to commercial CUT TO COMMERCIAL

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
The closest thing to a good thing Kokichi did was die, and even then he also got Kaito killed as a result. Kokichi is the third worst character in the series aside from Byakuya and Munakata :colbert:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

MonsterEnvy posted:

That was Maki's fault

If Kokichi didn't pull his whole "I'M THE MASTERMIND ALSO KAITO'S IN JAIL NOW" bullshit, Maki wouldn't have tried to kill him. Also she was completely justified in trying since he kept saying he was the drat mastermind, and killing him would end the game :colbert: Maki Roll did nothing wrong

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

rear end posted:

I made this a few days ago and I love it so much so I'm going to post it here. Well bye

:allears: :munch:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
One question I have about the anime is why are people so down on Junko in it? I thought she was rib-crushingly hilarious, especially "Get over it slut, we're dead!" and yelling "YASS QUEEN!" when meeting Kamakura

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I get the complaint about the meteor and virus thing not being real, mainly because it set it up so much only to turn to the whole mind control fake memory thing, which... honestly isn't as interesting as what the whole Gofer project plotline was promising. Also I'm sorta disappointed that there wasn't a huge swelling Hope moment like in 1 and 2. I get that that's the point, but I'm such a sucker for it. Hajime going Super Saiyan Hope had me hootin' and hollerin'

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
One.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Capfalcon posted:

End game spoilers: In hindsight, I'm kind of sad that we didn't have characters from the other 50 games show up during the ultimate display of ultimate cosplaying.

Think it would have been great to just have a few "Wait who the hell was that?" moments.

This is one of the things that makes me think Tsumugi was lying about the first games being fake :tinfoil: It's not like the show itself had to be fake, most of the world is still filled with despair fanatics who'd watch it, and the intro only changes in the flashback at the end, brought to us by the flashback light.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I like the gameplay of Ultra Despair Girls but holy gently caress the writing is atrocious. Like FPzero said, chapter 3 is where it goes downhill. I tried muscling my way through but by the time chapter 5 started I knew it wasn't getting better.

I'll spoil some of the more egregious bits because honestly if I'd have known, I probably wouldn't have picked the game up. Hella Content Warnings for sexual assault

One of the antagonists of the game is an 11 year old girl who was raped by a bunch of men at the behest of her mother, who traded that to further her acting career! Also it shows her trembling in fear just before such an event happens and her rapist is talking to her. Also she basically rapes Komaru with a machine, the bit FPzero mentioned is you slapping away hands that try to grope Komaru's genetalia. Eventually Genocider Syo finally busts in and ends it, but even then Genocider's 'non-lethal' method of subduing people is cutting their clothes off. Also an adult 'ally' of yours confesses to being a pedophile in a throwaway joke line where he says Komaru and Toko aren't young enough for his taste.

It sucks because Komaru's a fun character, and Syo is absolutely rib crushingly hilarious every second she's on screen. The scenario and a lot of the dialogue doesn't feel Danganronpa at all, rather than being cheeky and silly in between unnerving events and atmosphere, it just feels mean spirited and awful a lot of the time.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Nagito loving sucks, also Kokichi is above and beyond the worst character in V3, also Mondo Oowada is literally the worst character in fiction and I think less of anyone who likes him :mad: It's Hot Take hour on Jabberwock Island and I'm serving them up fresh :mad:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Xad posted:

I dunno, Hiyoko's still in V3, she just started pretending to be a witch, not sure it's an improvement really.

Hiyoko simply defused back into Tenko and Himiko for V3, that's why Tenko keeps trying to get back together with her

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
https://twitter.com/DRasvines__/status/943976244374327297

It's MAGIC

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

No Wave posted:

I thought that guy was just a fan of Twogamii, Gonta, and Chihiro.

Nagito also indirectly killed Chiaki with his dumb bullshit, and Kokichi's dumbass plan got Kaito killed too. At least I'll give Kokichi credit that his whole "reveal the game's a wash" plan could have worked before chapter 6 revealed the mastermind already cheated. Also I'll give him credit because the whole Exisal gimmick of that trial was hilarious.

I don't even remember making that post so I was probably drunk and angry about anime games at the time but I stand by the message, though not so much the tone :colbert: also yeah Chihiro's my favourite danganronpa :smith:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Recent chat reminded me of this fanart piece I find hilarious (Spoilers for all games and the anime)

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I like Tenko because her response to any problem is to start biffing people around the room until the problem ends, and I respect that a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Teratrain posted:

This is something that Ace Attorney is usually quite careful about, if I'm not mistaken? There's usually a straight-up error to pick out that you could theoretically do even if you had absolutely no context for the case up to that point (as the court record is updated to contain all the pieces of the puzzle).

There are probably a few cases where this isn't true or context is needed but I recall it being pretty consistent throughout, although context always makes it easier.

The only time I remember there being an issue with Ace Attorney was in case 1-5 Ema says Darke stabbed whatsisname in the chest from the front, if you present the autopsy report saying he was stabbed in the back, it doesnt work. I forget what the correct evidence was but it had nothing to do with the actual stabbing

Maybe I'm just still bitter though :v: