Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
catamar
May 23, 2008

InEscape posted:

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/23647279?rvp=1

He and Sarabi have almost identical markings... :swoon:

This dog is Gansett's mini twin! My dog is a corgi/golden mix too but 6 years old and blind and 35lbs, not 22.

e: pictures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

catamar
May 23, 2008
I took my dog out in the snow! It's only about knee-high but he's a corgi mix. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST0J0gbERKk

catamar
May 23, 2008

Skizzles posted:

So my brain decided to give me one of the worst nightmares of my life this morning. I dreamt that Shadow had been infected by a zombie and I was going to have to shoot him in the head. It was some straight up I Am Legend poo poo. I have never been so upset by a dream. :smith: He probably wishes I would have such nightmares more often because he got extra affection when I woke up and that just made his day.

edit: for those who've never seen it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuVNOR3I7hc

Oh that's terrible, that scene always makes me cry!

I have this recurring nightmare in which I open up a drawer and find a female hedgehog with a bunch of babies and she isn't Sophie or Nacho, and then I keep opening up more and more drawers and there are more and more hedgehogs and they're all emaciated! I think I'm worried that Nacho and Canoe (siblings, Sophie was their mother) are both going to escape their cages on the same night and she'll have secret babies, except it makes no sense because Nacho is 4 1/2 and would die if she got pregnant anyway. :cry:

Jumping on the birthday train, my dad's pug is turning 15 tomorrow!

catamar
May 23, 2008

cryingscarf posted:

Bella and Zoe (Zoey, Zoee also) were the most common names at my old job. Never name your dog Zoe.

My sister's super cute husky/GSD mix is named Zoey! I feel like I know 3-4 pugs named Lily too.

My grandparents told me they knew somebody who named their dog Gansett in the 60's and I felt a little less special.

catamar
May 23, 2008

Serella posted:

Rescue people are often batshit crazy. Some won't adopt any dog to anyone who doesn't have a full fenced-in yard with a 6" fence. Others won't adopt to couples who aren't married (because they might split up you see and then what would happen to Precious?).

Yeah, as unmarried renters of child-bearing age in Boston without a yard we had some trouble finding a dog locally. We got Gansett from a blind dog rescue that ships adopted dogs to New England from the south. I think generally the rescues that transport dogs north are more interested in finding a good home than in finding ~~The Dog's FURever Family.~~

They hardly asked us any questions - they said they'd turned down 2 other homes for him before we applied, but they both sounded like bad fits. One had a live-in grandmother with dementia who frequently walked out of the house and left the door open and the other was a blind couple who were looking for a blind companion for their seeing eye dogs?

catamar
May 23, 2008

demozthenes posted:

I've heard so many nutty stories out of that place in particular, it's run by insane people. Personally I was always just shoving adoption papers at everybody who walked in the door, especially with the city shelter, where Operation Get Rid Of All These drat Dogs was always in full swing.

I've heard crazy things about them too! One of my friends adopted a dog from them and I have no idea how they managed it, since they're also unmarried renters without a fence. Another friend told me that she was halfway through the adoption paperwork when the shelter demanded a copy of her mortgage documents to prove that she owned a home.

E: The friends who adopted a dog from Northeast Animal Shelter had to sign something saying that they wouldn't leave Chipper unattended for more than 6 hours at a time.

catamar
May 23, 2008
Lots of people think Gansett is a girl. He is very beautiful! :3:

catamar
May 23, 2008

El Gar posted:

Just got an E-mail from the producer of this show:

Trophy will be in this for what will likely be exactly one half of one second, but that's still pretty cool to me.

I set my DVR too! I love Trophy.

I hope you all enjoy this article as much as I did.

catamar
May 23, 2008

Nyarai posted:

This was my first thought. (I saw an ad for it ages ago, and kept it in the back of my mind because cats.)

http://www.dutchboy.com/products/interior/wall/paints/refresh/index.jsp

My dad has done amazing things with Kilz in 3 houses with terrible cat odors and now you'd never know a cat had even been inside. This stuff is seriously great.

http://www.kilz.com

catamar
May 23, 2008

Pile of Kittens posted:

I was trying to take a nap and my bird kept cheeping ridiculously loud every few minutes. Finally I rolled over and shouted "CHEEP" at her at the top of my lungs. She looked at me like I was insane, but she shut up.

Weird, that never works on my dog. I try every time though!

catamar
May 23, 2008
Both of my dogs pace most of the time, but I think it's because they both prefer walk soooo slooooowly. They both trot when a cat's nearby!

catamar
May 23, 2008

actionjackson posted:

I haven't posted anything about Abby in a while. Here she is at the state fair (red fawn) doing what greyhounds do best (nothing)

I saw a ton of greys at the MN state fair a couple of weeks ago, it was awesome. They also had a pug petting booth! A girl in the booth and I were both wearing "pugs not drugs" tshirts and we made weird eye contact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

catamar
May 23, 2008
Gansett just farted as he sat his butt on my foot. >:C

• Locked thread