Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

every day could be your last
in the jungle

Something like that happened to my dad's dogs. He had two rottweilers, Star and Otto. My dad had gotten both of them from the same litter, took amazing care of them, and they lived to be about 15. Star started declining, so they took them to the vet, who told them that Otto was in amazing health for his age, but Star was starting to shut down. They took her home to make her comfortable, and when she died, Otto wouldn't leave her, when my dad buried her, Otto wouldn't leave the grave. They found him dead on her grave a few days later.

I fully expected a red fern to grow out of their graves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle

Skizzles posted:

I tried to watch Science of Dogs the other day but it was on some pay per view channel. :mad: To those who have seen it, is it any good? I thought I'd heard some people here enjoyed it.

It's pretty interesting, I watched it last night. It's on netflix if you have it.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle

Skizzles posted:

Shadow's life consists of napping, sometimes eating, and walks. That's it, not really exciting enough to outline. :saddowns:

ATTN: ToastFaceKiller

They finally have the Bullies and Chrome shirt kind of ready to go, it's not 100% complete, but here it is: http://i.imgur.com/FS7l9.jpg

If you would like a free one please PM me your size and address. :)

For those not in the know, TFK was super nice enough to draw a picture for our t-shirt for an upcoming event. :3: You should all buy one. :colbert:

(And yes I know our website kind of sucks, we don't have an actual fancy website person.)

Yay! I had been wondering about that. I'm really glad they liked it :3:

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle
So, I have new additions to my house. My mother in law moved in last night, and brought her dog, Bear, who is the best old man dog ever (although he is obese from people refusing to listen to her about Ol' Roy and table scraps) and her old lady cat Princess. I'll get some pics when everyone wakes up.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle
I finally got some good pictures of my MiL's animals.

Bear:

He is already on a diet, and we're starting out with small excercises, like making him use the stairs. He's a chow/lab mix we think, has a very chill demeanor, gets on well with my dog (who loves the fact that there's another dog around). He's around 9 years.

Princess:

She's about 12, and loves people. My cat found out about her the night they moved in, and wants nothing more than to make a catpile, but we're keeping them completely seperate. They can see each other through the catflap on the bedroom door, and that's it. I hope they eventually get along, I need catpile pictures.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle

2tomorrow posted:

Bandit apparently wants to say hi to y'all since when I opened this thread just now he got all excited and jumped on my keyboard just right in order to open the reply window. I am not even sure how he did that since I was not aware that you could reply to a thread while just hitting keyboard keys.

So hi from Bandit! Also it fulfills the previous request to have more ACD pics in here.

Here is a picture of Bandit taking a break when he is supposed to be working:

He is not as fat as he looks in this picture I swear.

And here is a picture of Bandit contemplating eating a kitten:

I didn't know Salvador Dali was a breeder. That dog is fantastic.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

Is it weird that I'm worried that if I take Max somewhere that someone will see him and go "that's my dog!!" and want him back?

He's SO GOOD that I can't imagine that anyone would just dump him or not look for him if he ran off. He was clearly a house dog and he knows how to sit and lay down and has excellent manners (Example: I spilled a little bit of his food on the kitchen floor this morning and he didn't eat any of it until I gave him permission to clean it up for me). I'm having a really hard time wrapping my head around why anyone would abandon this dog. He was picked up as a stray and the shelter had him for a month before we took him home, so his former owners had more than enough time to come get him if they really wanted him.

I found an agility place 15 minutes away that has a basic obedience foundation class starting in September that I think we'll do, then start with actual agility once we get the basics down.

At this point it doesn't even matter. If he was at the shelter for a month, that was ample time to, you know, check the shelter to see if their dog was there. You legally adopted him from a shelter, who will have all of his paperwork.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle
He looks just like my dog as a puppy. My dog is a jerk. Therefore that dog will be a jerk.

Have fun.

(My dog is awesome.)

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle

Fraction posted:

I think one of my favourite things in the world is seeing a Tough Guy with an english bulldog. Nothing says I'm hardcore like having a dog that can't even breathe properly :allears:

The last tough guy I saw with an english bulldog actually rescued her because she was getting put down. She had a pretty severe heart murmur and cherry eye, so he took her, got her eye surgery, and knowing that she was only going to live for a couple years, gave her the best life a four legged pot roast can have. Her name was Punkin, and she just died last month. She was a pretty awesome dog. He would dress her up every Halloween and hang out with her on his driveway handing out candy to the kids. It was pretty awesome.

Edit: fat fingers and touchscreen phones make spelling bad.

ToastFaceKillah fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Aug 26, 2012

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle
So, I need to ask the PI hivemind here, does this look like a good breeder?

http://www.bengal-katz.com/

My husband and I have been talking about a bengal cat for a couple of years, but he has decided that after we get the house siding repaired, it's time to make it happen. I've been looking at Texas breeders, and so far that one looks like it's a good one. I have never actually bought a cat from a breeder though, so I figure here is the best place to ask.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle

Amberlyn posted:

I don't know much about cat breeders, but I will say I was impressed with their comprehensive questionnaire, and that they don't appear to be churning out multiple litters. As a potential owner, it's frustrating to not have a lot of selection, or be put on a waiting list, but my impression is that they breed with quality in mind, rather than quantity. That's always a plus in my book.

I also watched a video. The enclosure the cats were in seemed clean and uncrowded (only two cats as far as I could see for a very large space.) And the cats seemed unafraid and easy in the presence of the human.

Yeah, those were things that also stood out to me. And the fact that it's also close enough for me to actually drive up and talk to them about the cats. I'm less concerned about getting A Perfect Specimen, I want a cat that will live without crippling and/or deadly health issues, that is well bred, and socialized properly as a kitten. The only thing my husband has specifically said is that he isn't as big on the marbled ones, he does prefer spotted.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle
If you zoom in, it actually looks like it does have faint rosettes, it's just a really lovely picture. So yeah, probably just a poorly bred bengal.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle

She has a chinchilla silhouette on her nose :swoon:

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle
So I have to find a new home for Spock. He's an awesome dog, really trainable, but the fact is, he's aggressive to strangers at the house. Pizza guys, my kids' friends, my family, it doesn't matter. I love him to death, but I can't afford a behaviorist, and he's already gone after my mom. Luckily there was no damage, but what if it was a neighborhood kid? We have him crated, but he's starting to get aggressive enough that he's trying to break out of his crate as soon as there's a knock, or the doorbell rings.

I'm pretty broken up right now, because I can't find a shelter that will take him that isn't a no-kill shelter.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle
I know. We have already decided that will have to be the course of action if we can't find a place for him. We are being open with all shelters. We have also decided that if that is the way it has to be, then he is going to have the best goddamn day a dog can have beforehand, I love my buddy, I wish none of this ever happened, but I can't just pretend it ISN'T happening. He's the best dog I've ever had other than that, and drat I wish I had the means to help him. He's fine with strangers outside of the house, other dogs, cats.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle

Enelrahc posted:

I like that Sammie did not recognize that horrifying sphinx as a living creature.

Or Frankie, but that's understandable.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle
RB will you get me some good pics of husker? He's on of my favorite PI dawgs, and I wanna draw him for you.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle
We had to put Spock down yesterday. I wish I could've fixed you buddy. The house is so wrong right now.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle

Fraction posted:

Oh poo poo, what happened? Poor Spock :smith:

He was getting more and more human aggressive. He bit my mom really badly a couple months ago, and there was no physical problems with him. We tried working with him, but it got to the point that it was even with people he knew. My ONLY consolation is that it wasn't any of my kids' friends, and that we tried.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle
So, my cat has been pretty depressed without a playmate, and yesterday my husband and I talked about getting another cat to keep her company. He has specifically said in the past that he wants a Bengal cat, because he wan ts something a bit more active. I had also posted a breeder we've been looking at. Well, I contacted her this morning about this guy.

I hope she gets back to me.

http://www.bengal-katz.com/index-3.html

There are more pics on the breeders website.

ToastFaceKillah fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Jan 14, 2013

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle
So, the last Bengal kitten I was trying to get fell through, after my husband decided to wait on me getting home to put down the deposit, and someone else swooped in and bought him. The breeder let me know yesterday that a new litter popped out, and we threw money at her. Apparently we were fast enough to get pick of the litter. And, since they're in Austin, as soon as they're old enough for visitors, I will get to go play with them. I have no preference for gender, but I did tell her I want one who is more lap inclined.

The sire is Avatar, and the dam is Lovespell out of Katznjamr bengals in Austin.

http://www.bengal-katz.com/

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle

a life less posted:

I took some photos of my dogs today.

... dogs.

I'm so sorry.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle

Is it weird that Mr. Boddington's belly fur never grew back after her spay 3 years ago? It's just like.....velvet. It doesn't cause her any isuues, she isn't overgrooming, and her skin is in very good shape, it just....never grew back.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle

Bad Munki posted:

Can't wait to see the Neo Giraffe: short-necked, gator-mouthed, and bow-legged. Also, stands with its hips dropped and a hock on the ground.

~~~RESPONSIBLE BREEDING~~~~

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle
The breeder we're getting our kitten from just posted this on her website.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvtJzHR9x7I

One of those little guys is mine! :D

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle
We got another video of the kittens today, kitten #2 is ours. Now we just need a name. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGlcB9i2iXY

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle

Golden-i posted:

Oh man, those are cute.

Looking for kitten name suggestions? I'd go with Dumptruck. Trust me, I'm good at naming cats ;)

I'm never coming close to as awesome a name/cat combo as Refurb. Someone suggested Pickles, and So far that, Q and Neutron are in the lead.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle
My husband wants to call him Qubit, because he is a nerd. Turns out, I'm kind of a nerd too, and I like it. Plus, I can still call him Q, and I call all my animals Shortbus when they're being dumb.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle

Fat Dio posted:

Friend of mine had a dog named Killer, a nice friendly retriever. It's a great name!

I had a Shih Tzu named Cujo. That poor dog must've had some kind of complex. Although I did see him chase off a javelina, so at least I know he tried.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle

6-Ethyl Bearcat posted:

She's really cute. Are they about to go into zoomies or play in this photo? I wouldn't say the body language is entirely friendly on her part (or entirely comfortable on Moses') in this one, but they look fine in the rest of them.

It looks like she's telling him something, like when people just start telling you really uncomfortable, unsolicited stories about their pooping habits or something, and he's just :stare:

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle
I feel like like I'm becoming a crazy stalker...I look at my breeders webpage everyday to see if there's pictures up, I've subscribed to her youtube channel, and watch the videos with my kitten in them at least every two days.....halp.

On the other hand, she's totally cool with me visiting, so I'll be taking my daughter up to Austin on the 16th to play with a pile of spotty kittys. There will be so many pictures, I don't want my kitten to succumb to KES before I even get him.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle
So, I got to meet this little guy today!

He is rad. So here is more pics! Gotta make sure he doesn't catch KES.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbClmmBb8uk

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle
My mom called me this morning, to see if I could check up an him before I went to work today, because he was acting really odd, and lethargiclast nght and when she woke up.

$900 later, and little Sushi survived rat poison that someone threw over her fence. :(

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle
My mom is probably going to have to take Sushi back to the vet tomorrow. She says he isn't getting better, and that he is just suffering. He's one of two dogs she's ever had that was just.....a perfect dog. Manners, everyone loved him, he loved everyone....now she has to hold him so he can even pee or drink, and he hasn't eaten in two days. He doesn't even move anymore, so much as wobble. I will really miss that dog, he was such a fun little guy. Now he's just....it hurts to even look at him, because it just isn't him. It's like someone switched out my mom's dog for a broken, animatronic puppet.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle

Made himself right at home, loves everyone and everything forever. He is 90% purr, 10% spots.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle

Zenithbliss posted:

Glad Sukka's had fun swimming, and sorry Lola's not having fun on lead.

I took Artie for a nice stroll around the field this afternoon when he did what he never has before and dived into the brook, now this brook is little more than a big dribble of mud so he was covered, I hosed him down when we got home and he proceeded to rub in all the flower beds and dig a hole in our lawn for the first time :(

Looks like your cloud is turning into a raincloud.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle
I'm in New Hampshire for the next couple of days, with lovely cell phone service, and my brother is watching my cats. I get a text from him saying that he thinks my bengal cat must have gotten out because he hasn't seen him in days. So I'm freaking out, my husband is pissed, I can't get a hold of my brother by phone because of spotty service...

Two hours later, the second text comes through, "Oh btw got a cat that looks just like him, same markings and a scar where a microchop would be lol"

I'm gunna loving kill my brother when I get home.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle

Skizzles posted:

Ugh. :psyboom:

Also, where in New Hampshire? I just moved to Vermont yesterday. :buddy:

Lake winnepesaukee. gently caress Texas, New hampshire is loving rad.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle

Skizzles posted:

Oh man, we're in Norwich, and apparently my boyfriend has an uncle who lives over there we could maybe go visit. :haw:

Also, Kiri Koli, where in western Mass? I know Abbeh is somewhere in Mass as well. Like I said earlier, we just need a big fat New England PI slumber party. :colbert:

edit: NEW England, goddamnit.

Sadly, I leave tomorrow morning. I would never leave if it wasn't for my cats, and our jobs. This place is loving amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

in the jungle
Did someone say BANGLE CATTES?

• Locked thread