Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Krispy Wafer posted:

[in the 80s] they had to change DIE to DIET on a movie poster because people freaked out.

Oooh, what was this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
Man, what I would give to dimension-hop and watch each of the Nicholas Roeg, John Boorman, Tinto Brass, Ken Russell etc -directed Clockwork Oranges adaptations. One attempt was going to star Mick Jagger and the Rolling Stones.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Cat Hatter posted:

Like, Mick was going to play Alex and Kieth Richards, Charlie Watts, etc. were going to play his gang? I'd watch that.

Yep! I think Jagger owned the rights to it for a while, and wanted The Beatles to do the music. :monocle:

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Karma Tornado posted:

most of Luke

lmao

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
The glowing metal effect from the time travel field slicing through fence and truck was created by applying photo-reflective tape to the surfaces.

I loving love movie magic.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
Screw the plot, anyone who'd edit a shot of Taye Diggs smiling out of a film is a goddamn idiot.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
"You couldn't make Muppet Blazing Saddles today."

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
Give Sony a crucial message: “It’s Muppet Morbin’ time.”

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

mllaneza posted:

I haven't made time to see it yet, but Ravenous sounds like an amazing cinematic experience,

I will heartedly suggest you make time to see it. Incredibly satisfying film!

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
Yeah, I consider the grime that is found in 80s films to be a continuation (or hang-over) of the 70s rampant filth and sleaze.

But I think I get what you're talking about, oldpainless. There's an appeal to that kind of highly textured environment and how it can fit the story and vibes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
What is acting if not talking while standing in the precise pose necessary to have a streak of light perfectly illuminate your eyes?