Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gucci mangosteen
Feb 26, 2007
I just got done watching A Scanner Darkly again, and never realized the first time through how many clues to the ending are littered throughout. The female psychologist implanting the suggestion in Bob to bring flowers to Donna, Donna wanting Bob to join her on a farm, and probably a bunch of other things I missed. You catch little bits of everybody setting up Bob's actions throughout the whole film, they aren't exactly subtle but they're things you kind of forget even after you've learned their significance. I feel kind of dumb not having connected those before, I hope I'm not the only one who didn't notice them.

Some other minor visual touches really helped add to the atmosphere of psychosis and paranoia, like Hank's scramble suit briefly displaying a skull during the big reveal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gucci mangosteen
Feb 26, 2007

Razorwired posted:

The Terminators were also originally machines wired into Skynet for use by human militaries. The overlay from Arnie's point of view is probably just one of many holdovers that Skynet never got around to replacing. Kind of like how in Salvation the control terminals had USB ports.

I liked how all the machines in Salvation had to interact with each other through voice interfaces for exposition reasons instead of some sort of instant communication like, you know, computers do. That was such an awful movie.