Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Huh? I thought Roxy was 4? Scott would be 8 if he broke up with Ramona.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

mr. stefan posted:

In the first two Addams Family movies, Morticia's face is never fully illuminated, but is always in shadow with only her eyes lit up. This is always the case, even in group shots where everyone else is fully lit.

The only two :colbert:
Also, are you positive about this? I know it's very frequent but I have images of her in my head with a fully lit face. Then again it has been years.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Little Blue Couch posted:

That reminds me. In the one of the last scenes in Aliens, Ripley enters the Queen's chamber, and there's this kind of Mexican standoff between the two of them. Ripley notices that some of the xenomorphs are coming into the room with Murder On Their Minds, and she shoots some fire toward one of them. The aliens retreat. The Queen and Ripley stare each other down, and after a moment one of the eggs opens up. Ripley shoots a look that is all like "the gently caress you gonna try some poo poo like that" and then torches the place. It's a really, really well done scene. It's this incredible silent battle of wills between two obviously intelligent women who are willing to do almost anything to protect their children. Sigourney Weaver manages to pack a detailed and clear threat into a facial expression that lasts for less than a second. Good Movie, Great Scene.

Hell yeah! I always hoot when this happens. It's so perfect.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Friend posted:

Wreck It Ralph had a lot of little references here and there. Many sound effects were pulled from games, and the graffiti on one wall said "All Your Base Are Belong To Us." I spent the first thirty minutes only half paying attention to the actual story.

When Ralph first gets to Grand Central, to his left is graffiti that reads "AERITH LIVES!"

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

priznat posted:

Perhaps it is like tackles in football.. If more than one terminator kills a guy they split it :D

I hadn't thought of that before but it actually makes more sense than my previous held belief that SKYNET is just just that precise.
This is my new held answer for when I watch this movie (it's my all-time favorite) with other people and they inevitably ask. AHH-Nold's programming was exactly the same as other T-800s aside for mission and target parameters. His HUD would be nearly identical to all other units.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm rewatching Dexter and in season three Dexter is invited to Miguel Prado's house for dinner. The main theme of the season is the importance and volatility of family. Miguel references a picture of his father and how he was a "mean, drunken bastard but I guess he's in me as well" (paraphrased). When the camera switches to Dexter, he's facing away from the picture and his head blocks all but the smallest corner of the frame and you never see Miguel's fathers face.
I took this as foreshadowing that Dexter woulds soon become his mentor-of-sorts in the killing business. What Miguel's father left behind, Dexter will foster and let grow; much like Harry did before he died.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Vicissitude posted:

This one took me a second, but yeah, Grant found a way.

Dunno if you are quoting the movie on purpose but the two female clips working anyway is a nod to the future in which all the dinosaurs are female yet find a way to procreate.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

There has been a nerdy discussion/argument with my friends for a few years now about how Superman ever flies faster. Being that I'm the only one in my group with more than a passing knowledge of physics I accept that his flight is derived from his leaping ability and can, for some reason, alter his course mid-flight but going faster (or even accelerating after hovering (which also makes no sense)) So, in Man of Steel when he is flying and goes faster just by flexing, I let out a weird laugh/snort much to my girlfriend's chagrin. His little smirk felt like the writers knew it was silly but it's loving Superman so it doesn't matter.

...wait, is this the sperg confession thread?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Coffee And Pie posted:

In The Cabin in the Woods, our introduction to the stoner character is him driving up in a car smoking a bong with smoke billowing from the open windows. He then gets out, shuts the door, locks it through the open window and then gives the door handle a tug to make sure it's shut.

Also, the main cast is basically the Scooby gang, if you think about it.

I noticed that when I saw it in theaters and made a noise that was like "BWOAHAHA!" much to my friend's chagrin.
That guy is a really good actor and I wish he got more roles.

edit:
"KEVIN" sounds terrifying.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

KoRMaK posted:

I want to see each of these monsters as they appeared in that universe. Give us an anthology, because drat I want to see the jack o lantern twins and how the Unicorn kills people.

You see the unicorn stab a dude in the chest in the movie and I THINK you see every monster at some point, at least for a brief moment.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Professor Shark posted:

According to the Wiki it sounds more like the Hobbit guy from Sin City.

Wasn't Elijah Wood's character named Kevin in Sin City?

edit:
It was!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0401792/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Professor Shark posted:

Edit: Nevermind, read that last part to quickly.

Edit 2: In The Mist, a scorpion-fly lands on the religious lady. Staying calm, she says something like "My life is yours, thy will be done", and the thing flies away. After that she ramps up the crazy rhetoric and eventually gets into ritualistic sacrifice- I don't think it was God that she made a pact with.

This is different than the novella by Stephen King, which was much, much better.

Oh it was a god, just not the one you're thinking of.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

In The Princess Bride the medical tubing on THE MACHINE used to suck away year of a victim's life is made from some sort of intestine. In the close ups, you can see veins with dried blood in them and it never occurred to me until today that, of course, they wouldn't have industrial plastics.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

HOW COULD YOU posted:

It's compounded for the comic book fans who were thinking what the hell, why would they get ben kingsley to play the mandrin???

Hell yes. IM3 doesn't deserve the poo poo that it gets. At least this time we don't have the same plot of "Dude has a vengeance against Mr. Stark and makes his own Iron suit. It's maybe my favorite of the three.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Buzkashi posted:

It's just high-tech seppuku. Also it means that no Predator technology can fall into another species' hands.

If what I remember from the comics, Predator tech is all stolen from an even older and much smarter civilization. Predators are really not that clever.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

He played the main villain in Dollhouse and, while the show was pretty poo poo, he was very convincing of his psychosis.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Any SW fan should watch all the bonus content for the prequels. George finally has unadulterated control over his projects and it's very obvious that he has no idea what he's doing. His chief executive, or whatever, seems like a clever and level-headed guy but doesn't stand up to George's lovely ideas. Every time you see him, he's just got this look like, "You've got to be loving kidding me. This guy is a moron but I need this job."

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

muscles like this? posted:

I'm not sure how much of this was planned out but Captain America: The Winter Soldier adds a sinister twist to the plot thread in Iron Man 2 with Garry Shandling's senator character. In Iron Man 2 he spends his part of the movie trying to commandeer the Iron Man tech for the US Government but in TWS you find out that he's actually a secret agent for the terrorist organization Hydra.

That was absolutely on purpose. You don't put a weird looking guy like Shandling in two separate movies and pretend they aren't related.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Not a movie but something I noticed in Supernatural from season 4 on.
The demon-killing knife that the brothers get from Ruby is a pretty standard looking knife with a serrated back and a handle made from either bone or an antler. Nothing too special. However, the angel knives that come into play later on are these slick silver stilettos that can kill humans, demons and even angels. They are standard equipment for every angel that you see and reveals early on their sadistic nature or, at least, that they may be just as "evil" as the demons.

The knives they carry are not flat blades but rather elongated pyramids with edges sharp enough to easily cut flesh with the slightest graze. However, because of it being a stabbing weapon, they leave a triangular wound that would be next to impossible to suture and guarantees to bleed out. These types of knives were banned after World War One (I think) because they were viewed as inhumane.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Close. The dagger has a serrated blade, not back. The other blades you mention were banned by the Geneva Convention in times of war though, because they cause wounds that were too hard to close on the battlefield.

Still legal to own, just don't carry one into battle and you are ok.

Ahh, you are totally right.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

RandomFerret posted:

I'm pretty sure that's supposed to be Brian Peppers.

Not nearly ugly enough to be Mr. Peppers.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Polaron posted:

Again, watch Pain and Gain. It's on Netflix Instant and is a legitimately good (if exceedingly weird) movie that completely redeems Michael Bay as a director in my mind. I still think he's a lovely human being but he's clearly just doing the Transformers movies for the paychecks at this point.

I don't defend people like Micheal Bay very often but cosider that Hasboro and whatever production company were going to make the movie anyway, approached you with a multi-million dollar check and a script already banged out and wanted to pay you a STUPID amount of money to direct a movie that has no brain but is designed for teenagers.

You'd have to be a mental case to turn it down.

Most directors agree that the "one of you, one for me" system (making a movie you don't love for the paycheck that funds the movie you do love) is fine. Micheal Bay gets poo poo on because he almost never does movies for more than the paycheck.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

And there exists zero reason why The Doctor can't be a woman or any other race for that matter. Well, maybe the limiting factor that he only regenerates under duress and cannot focus on the change.
Didn't the Time Lords also force his regenerations to be random as punishment? I know the canon is pliable but what rules are still in play?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

hazza posted:

He's (She's? It's? :v:) been given a brand new set of regenerations now, so how long is a piece of string?

It's a whole new set of 12? I thought the magic Time dust was just another charge. I guess it is never explicitly stated.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Solice Kirsk posted:

My favorite part is that they took the time to superimpose thumb prints on all the Lego guys that you can only see when the light hits them the right way.

Shut up. As if I needed a reason to love it more.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Frostwerks posted:

Wasn't it Termintor 2 that approximated nuclear war so well the US Military started asking questions as to who knew what and how?

Kinda. They brought in two military nuclear scientists as consultants. When the studio showed them Sarah's visions of the bombs dropping and the fallout, they wanted to know what they should change.

The scientists allegedly just went, "Wow, uh... yeah that's exactly what happens."

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

CzarChasm posted:

A nice little nod for comic book geeks

In the beginning of Ant-man, Michael Douglas' character brushes off inquires to his time as the Ant-Man as "Tales to Astonish"

Tales to Astonish is the comic book series that Ant-Man first appeared in.

I thought Evil Baldman said that?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The prequel ruins that theory because at the end, Childes is wearing earrings.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

muscles like this? posted:

That part of the prequel was stupid because it ruins the tension by giving a tell.

I disagree because it leads to an intense investigation while battling paranoia. If they released a version without lovely CG laid over the fantastic prop work, I would watch it just as often as the original.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Mierenneuker posted:

The Wedding Singer has not one, but two fabulous Buscemi scenes AND Billy Idol on top of all that. Mandatory viewing now that I think of it.

That movie is great but Sandler is the world part about it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Pilchenstein posted:

This maybe wasn't too subtle but I didn't pick up on it until the second time I saw it but in The Force Awakens:

When Kylo Ren is interrogating Rey using the force and she says "Get out of my mind", he immediately moves his hand away and is unable to read any more of her thoughts after that - she used the jedi mind trick on him without either of them realising it had happend.

That's "subtle" as in "the entire point of the scene".
Still cool, though.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

rydiafan posted:

The same thing can work in real life, because it increases adrenaline. I've even heard the actor suggested it, because he knew about it from his military experience.

It's also an unwise and desperate move to prevent yourself from going into shock for a little bit.
A gut shot with a bowcaster is no loving joke.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Mendigo posted:

I had the "true experience" with Terminator 2. A couple of friends and I, we were going to watch Conan but we rented Terminator 2, we knew literally nothing about it other than what had happened on the first movie, so the "plot twist" was amazing.

I also watched Alien without knowing it was a scary movie, when I was way, way too young (4 years or so? I thought it was going to be like E.T). Scared me shitless.

I first saw Alien when I was six. Even though I watched the whole thing, my dad could tell that it hosed up my brain. He got way too strict after that, so far that I couldn't watch Time Bandits for a while.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Antioch posted:

I went in to Cabin in the Woods knowing nothing about it. Not even the actors. It remains one of my favorite movies because of that.

Aw gently caress, me too. All I knew was that it was Sam Rami. Fuuuuck that was good.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

synthetik posted:

Cabin in the woods was Joss Whedon. Drag me to Hell was Raimi.

I've been doing that a lot lately. I think I have a brain tumor.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

An embarrassing moment for me watching that film is when he bring flours to the girl, a baker.
But it's supposed to be romantic like he's bringing her flowers.

I just though it was little bags of seeds for a while. I'm not smart.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I really wish Will Ferrell would do more dramatic roles. Stranger Than Fiction is such a good movie.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Krispy Kareem posted:

Did you think it looked different from the Disney Marvel movies? Like a first generation model. I figured Fox didn't have rights to reproduce the same look as Marvel Disney and had to use a slightly different design.

What I loved was the giant hole in the middle of it like Goku got really mad and then they don't talk about it at all.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My Lovely Horse posted:

I checked the imdb trivia entries for Deadpool, so I guess take it with a grain of salt, but apparently during the showdown, Vanessa wears Wade's old jacket. If that isn't just the sweetest little touch I don't know what is.

I didn't notice the first time but she puts it on to go to the alley behind the club. I love their relationship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Maybe this was brought up but in Daredevil the TV show, Matt's apartment is extremely functional but utilitarian... because he's blind so he doesn't care about decoration.