Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

We can rule them like gods! ...Angry gods.

Liar Lyre posted:

One Scott Pilgrim thing I'm surprised that hasn't been mentioned yet is when Scott wears a shirt that says 4 1/2 after he gets mad at Ramona. This is right before the twin fight. It symbolizes the possibility of Scott going bad. He's the fourth and a half evil ex.

There's also lots of scenes that have X's in the background, often relating the ex in the scene. The movie is worth another watch just for all the background stuff.

How is he the four and a halfth Evil Ex? Wouldn't he be, like.. the 8th?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

Huh? I thought Roxy was 4? Scott would be 8 if he broke up with Ramona.

That's what I was saying.

I mean, 4.5 can mean that it's the break between fighting 4 and 5/6, but he can't be the 4.5th Evil Ex because he happened 8th in line.

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

Alternative pants posted:

I knw the movie in question is pretty bad, but having just watched Ocean's Thirteen, I feel a strange need to share.
I just noticed that in the scene where Linus Caldwell (Mat Damon) is apprehendedby the fake FBI agents. In one shot of Ms. Sponder, you can see the Night Fox's legs over her shoulder, implying that he free clibmed onto thereof for the final, climactic encounter.

I'm not spoilering because If you haven't seen it, this won't spoil a drat thing.

E: spelling

I dunno, I kinda like all the "Ocean's" movies. I think they all have redeeming qualities, and the way the actors play off each other is fantastic. They're the kind of thing you watch on a lazy weekend if they're on TV and you have nothing better to do.

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

Off the main thread topic, but is Looper really any good? I've heard the reviews are solid, but even with the cast (and my love of Doctor Who), the plot sounds loving stupid..

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

muscles like this? posted:

It should be pointed out that the actual plot of the movie isn't revealed in commercials/trailers.

Maybe I should have said "concept" instead of "plot", but yeah I get what you're saying.. A bunch of friends went on Saturday and my wife and I opted out because the trailers hadn't really gripped us. They didn't exactly rave about it, but half of them also hated "Drive", so take it with a grain of salt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

Jay 2K Winger posted:

In Wreck-It Ralph, in the climax of the movie, Fix-It Felix Jr. gets a subtle badass moment.

Earlier on, it's established that his golden magic hammer fixes things. This is thrown into sharp relief when he's thrown into the Fungeon in Sugar Rush. He tries to break out by hitting the bars to his cell with his hammer... only to see them get stronger and thicker.

In the climax, he, Calhoun, and Vanellope are staring down an army of bullet-proof Cy-Bugs. Then Calhoun runs out of ammo. As she and Felix try to protect Vanellope from the Cy-Bugs, Felix pulls out his hammer, clearly intending to fight the Bugs off.

He knows exactly how useless it will be, but he's going to go down fighting anyway.

I caught that too! That movie is fantastic. I love how they make him out to actually be a really competent character. I was afraid they'd go the gullible simpleton route that "30 Rock" does with Jack McBrayer.

Hypothetically, it could also be so he could heal himself and Calhoun during the fight as the hammer has been shown to do, but I immediately jumped on the self defense angle too.