Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta
In Jurassic Park when they are on the helicopter ride to the island. Dr Grant is having trouble doing his seatbelt up, and in the scramble ties two female seatbelt parts together.

Life finds a way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Team Anasta

C-Euro posted:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that would've owned (though Weaving was pretty great in that role anyway)
And Daniel Day-Lewis was approached to play Aragorn. Imagine how loving awesome that would have been.

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Team Anasta
At the start of Fight Club when The Narrator is stuck at the airport, he watches Tyler jump in a sporty looking car and drive off. That background goes out of focus and a person runs up and goes "Hey my car!"

Probably my favourite Fight Club moment is when when Tyler deliberately crashes the car. During that scene Tyler is in the driver's seat and The Narrator is in the passenger side. During the crash the car flips over, and when The Narrator is pulled out of the car, he is pulled by Tyler from the driver's seat.

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Team Anasta

cobalt2009 posted:

Re: Kill Bill 2...

Prior to their first fight, Pei Mei tells the Bride that if she lands a single blow, he'll kneel and call her master (or something like that). Doesn't she do exactly that at 2:25 in this clip?

http://youtu.be/21mzWdfHnwg

This has always bothered me...sure seems like she landed a blow, so why didn't that end the fight? However, Pei Mei is set up from the jump to be a complete prick, so it wouldn't surprise me that he went back on his word, but it seems like an odd thing to throw in there...

He parried the blow with his neck.

edit: or do you mean the kick? He caught it between his legs and then flipped her. I think she would actually have to break through his defenses to count it as landing a blow.

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Team Anasta
Also at the start of Django Unchained when Schultz and Django are in the bar having a beer together they both only take small sips defying the convention of characters guzzling their drinks down at the start of Tarantino films.

Actually there were a few of the old Tarantino signatures not used in the film unless I missed them. There was no especially long take, no car-boot view and no corpse view. I could be completely wrong and missed them but I have seen it twice now and actually looked out for them the second time.

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Team Anasta
edit: actually this was pretty dumb.

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Team Anasta

Prolonged Priapism posted:

When Tim and Lex are in the visitor's center, and they find all the deserts sitting out, the next shot we see starts on a huge plate of vegetables. What kind of kid is presented with cake and pie and gets broccoli instead? Oh right, Lex, the vegetarian!
When she sees the dinosaur she has a spoonful of jelly. Now unless that happened to be some kind of vegetarian jelly then she is breaking the rules a little bit there.

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Team Anasta

QCIC posted:

Not sure if this classic has been brought up, but there is an interesting continuity between Dr. Strangelove and A Clockwork Orange. In the former movie, the B-52 bomber's radio is called "CRM-114." In the latter movie, the drug that makes Alex sick is labelled "Serum 114."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CRM_114_(fictional_device)

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Team Anasta

Luckluster posted:

Rewatched Dark Knight Rises tonight and noticed something that may or may not have been intentional. On at least two occasions Before her character reveal Miranda makes sudden Batman-like appearances behind people. She sneaks up on Bruce as he is entering the manor in the rain and later appears behind Gordon. Might be a hint about her ninja training, might just be weird editing.
She also utters the line 'Do what is necessary' to Bruce when he returns to Gotham and they meet up in the kangaroo court. That was a phrase said repeatedly by Ra's Al Ghul in Batman Begins..

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Team Anasta
So if Kubrick was such a perfectionist what was with the shadow of the helicopter in the opening titles?

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Team Anasta
It was a mistake. An honest, blatant mistake but who cares?

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Team Anasta
I always thought it was a man.

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Team Anasta
Maybe this is subtle, I don't know.

Breaking Bad finale spoilers - At the top left of that image, is that a castor seed pod? I have looked up some on GIS and I couldn't really be sure. They looked kind of spikier I guess. Of course, this is the scene where Walt slips her the ricin, which comes from castor seeds.

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Team Anasta

Jedit posted:

After thirty years of gaming, I just realised I have no idea what "sequence-breaking" is.
Basically accessing a part of a game's story or performing an action before the developers expected you to. An example of this is in Deus Ex where you kill all the NSF troops before betraying Simons on your second visit to the warehouse in Hell's Kitchen. The developers of that game were so awesome they anticipated players doing it and had a unique radio message from Simons acknowledging it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Team Anasta
At the beginning of American Werewolf in London Jack and David cut the road and walk across the moors shortcutting their way to The Slaughtered Lamb . This foreshadows their later departure from the road which of course leads to the untimely demise of Jack.