Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

benito posted:

And this doesn't really count, but the three season Beetlejuice joke on Community is pretty awesome.

I don't watch Community, but am I reading the comments right? That was done spread out over the first 3 seasons just to get in a 2 second sight gag? That is loving genius.

Edit: I read your link wrong, and that's exactly what it is. Holt poo poo. That's amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Just watched Drive for the first time tonight (I know, shut up). Spoiling for ending details:

Early in the movie Driver has a staring contest with Benicio that he wins when the kid blinks. At the end he has a staring contest with the audience, winning when the audience assumes he's dead before he finally closes his eyes.

Might be a little bit of a stretch but I thought it was clever.

Critical has a new favorite as of 06:23 on Dec 23, 2012

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

CzarChasm posted:

Ghostbusters

This movie is filled with a lot of subtle moments, many of which were covered in the Ghostbusters thread in CD (Not sure if it is still around). Some highlights:

When Ray has Egon turn on the power pack for the first time in the elevator and mentions how he has an untested nuclear accelerator strapped to his back, Egon and Peter back away as much as they can in the elevator.

After bagging Slimer they confront the hotel Manager and go over details of the bill, while Peter is tallying up numbers, Egon is holding up fingers to indicate how much money to charge the Hotel behind the manager's back.

Lewis is the ill fated "Key master" who keeps getting thwarted by locked doors

There's probably a ton that I'm forgetting.

Couple more:

Venkman is disgusted by the ectoplasm in the library, remarking "Someone sneezes and you want to keep it." So of course he's the one slimed in the hotel.

When they're dealing with the ghost in the library Ray's master plan is, of course, "Get her!" Venkman gives him poo poo about it afterwards. When dealing with Gozer in the climax Venkman yells "Go get her, Ray!" and gives him a poo poo eating grin, busting his balls about it weeks later.