Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Baron von Eevl posted:

The three girls that swoon around Gaston are credited as "the bimbettes," as in they are like bimbos but diminutive. Gross.

"Bimbo" was still gender-neutral to the late 80s, with bimbette and himbo both originating in that decade to indicate which you were talking about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

:haw:

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

I basically only heard of Sunshine as The Core 2: Solar Boogaloo, so while I liked The Core as a trashy disaster flick I never saw Sunshine.

Think I'll remedy that.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Here's a crazy blink-and-you'll-miss-it detail from JP: remember the scene where Hammond is eating the melting icecream and talking about his flea circus? There's a big b&w dino mural on the wall behind him;

Someone eventually noticed that the mural was based on Picasso's Guernica:

Holy poo poo.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Beachcomber posted:

There were water wars, iirc.

There were Resource Wars, during which Israel got nuked and Europe fought the Middle East until both crumbled, but they were over oil and nuclear material.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

youknowthatoneguy posted:

Didn't the writer or whomever came up with that ending add that little dig in to be petulant after so many people bitched about the ending?

Tbf, that specific phrasing is when you refuse to do it and instead make the Brotherhood of Steel lady who's with you do it instead.

The comedy option is where you refuse to do it and also refuse to give her the code, so she calls you an rear end in a top hat as the Jefferson Memorial explodes with you both in it.