Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Physical
Sep 26, 2007

by T. Finninho
Remember in Back to the Future 2 (I forget which one, I think it was the second one) when the Doc is hooking up the electrical line to the tower and the cop comes by and the Doc chastises him for looking under the tarp because its "very sensitive scientific equipment" prompting the cop to ask if the Doc has a permit for the equipment?

The doc starts looking through his wallet for a "permit" which will probably be colored green. The Doc, while understanding that the laws of time and physics are rigid, knows that sometimes the wheels of justice need greased. The Doc is bribing the cop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Physical
Sep 26, 2007

by T. Finninho

Suzuki Method posted:

Not so sure if this is considered subtle enough but this shot from Drive is my favourite shot in any film, symbolizing the fact the Driver is about to become a dark intrusion on her family.

Yes. I thought this was a fantastic shot.

Physical
Sep 26, 2007

by T. Finninho

Alouicious posted:

The movie also basically flat out states, in two different occasions, "don't think about the time travel to much you spergy dipshits," so that's always good.
In loopers something really complicated and kind of non-nonsensical happens, but before you can think about it they distract you. It takes place when the old version of the first guy who let his loop run is trying desperately trying to get to some destination before they cut off all his limbs. They find the young version of the kid and start cutting his limbs off, and the old version mysteriously has those limbs disappear. Now this doesn't really make sense because the guy would have lived 30 years without his leg and wouldn't have been able to drive anyway. But as soon as this scene ends there is a naked lady and rear end on screen to distract us.

There's also another spot where Bruce Willis tells his younger self that if they start talking about the time travel implications we'll be here all day making diagrams with straws.

I think JGL was wearing prosthetics the whole time to look more like Bruce Willis. His face was different.

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

The little boy in the movie is it's also implied he invents time travel. He's incredibly good with technology for a 4-6 year old, building a wireless radio thing in a day from spare parts. This is never outright acknowledged by the movie, but fairly solidly implied
:aaaaa:

Physical
Sep 26, 2007

by T. Finninho

bows1 posted:

Go post in the Looper thread dudes, this is not PYF Looper Moment
These are all subtle moments. Chill, whale, chill.

Physical
Sep 26, 2007

by T. Finninho
I'm one of those rear end in a top hat's that liked Walt up until Season 5. It took me that long before I finally went "you know what, this guys being a dick."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Physical
Sep 26, 2007

by T. Finninho
In The Incredibles when the villain launches the rocket it comes out of a volcano. It looks real cool, and makes aesthetic sense being a villainous launch. However there might be a logistical reason (like almost every scene in a Pixar movie has): the plume, heat and direction would go unnoticed by govt agencies watching for ICBM launches because it would be interpreted as a volcano eruption.