Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action

Leovinus posted:

Those movies are incredibly well-referenced like that. Hot Fuzz in particular - there's not a shot in that movie that isn't packed with extra detail.

I just rewatched Hot Fuzz and a nice little detail I hadn't noticed on my first viewing was how the actors in the Romeo and Juliet play are dressed in poorly remade copies of the outfits in the Leonardo DiCaprio movie. It's a brilliant touch that just really showcases the tackiness of the whole thing and says so much about the small town people who put the play on without saying a word.

swampland has a new favorite as of 09:50 on May 29, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action
Just rewatched Planet Terror and on a car radio at one point you hear the DJ say "In loving memory of Jungle Julia" the DJ from Death Proof.

Edit: I also loved that when Ray is dying, amidst a bunch of repeated lines from earlier, Cherry says "Two against the world" with the kind of dramatic tone that suggests Ray had said it originally. I'm pretty sure he never did so it must have been in the lost reel.

swampland has a new favorite as of 12:31 on Jun 20, 2012

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Coffee And Pie posted:

I think the worst example if that is in Oceans 11, Brad Pitt goes from eating a glass or shrimp cocktail to a plate, then back, within a few seconds.

Maybe Brad Pitt just eats shrimp real quickly.

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Polaron posted:

Assuming it wasn't meant to be unsettling/weird, it could just be because they know you won't notice. Stuff like that happens in movies all the time because of the way movies are made (in chunks shot weeks or even months apart).

Are you trying to suggest that between those two shots being filmed Martin Scorsese just could not get access to a glass of water anymore so he went "gently caress it no one will notice, just mime it!" Or maybe everyone just forgot that that close up they were shooting of a glass of water being lifted and drunk did not have a glass of water in it. How could you possibly think that there might be another explanation aside from it being obviously intentional?