Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Closet Cyborg posted:

IIRC, they used 30 versions of her outfit so the transition would be slow enough. So much wasted potential and unecessary Sean Bean in that movie.

There is never unnecessary Sean Bean. He always is essential.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Chard posted:

The first time I watched that movie one of the friends I was with was just so loving tickled with Pyle's suicide scene he spent the rest of the night rewinding the tape over and over, to the point it started to wear out. Didn't get to finish it that night because the rest of us decided to do something less crazy.

That's my story.

Let me guess, this story ended with "They later found his storage unit full of hooker torsos" :stare:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

muscles like this? posted:

Speaking of actor professors, Peter Weller teaches Renaissance history at UCLA and supposedly he runs students through the wringer at the beginning of each course in order to weed out anyone who takes the class just because of Professor Robocop.

Fun fact. I learned about Carthage Delenda Est from Peter Weller

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

sebmojo posted:

Carthago :smug:

I learnt about it from Asterix. And it was before Wikipedia, so I had NFI what it meant.

Ah. It was a documentary series he did about, I want to say ancient architecture. He was in the ruins of Carthage and he was talking about how Cato would end every speech with him, and holy gently caress the way he said it made me want to go out and destroy Carthage with my own two hands.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

It's not exactly "subtle" but in The Matrix movies, Keanu Reeves is a lovely actor.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Between WFRR? and Rango, more cartoons needs to lift their plots from Roman Polanski movies.

I for one am really looking forwards to Princess Meridia's baby.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I don't know why the spam bot thought it best to advertise it with what seemed kinda racist talking about the black people in the movie set in the 30;s.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Reading about Kevin's gimmick in the novelization on the wiki is the creepiest for me so far. OTher than the dolls....

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Xander77 posted:

I really love this breakdown of Jaws. The reviewer gets free reign to keep going "Hippppieeeeeeeeees!" :argh: :bahgawd: forever just for that.

I noticed the reference to a genetically engineered Shark/octopus hybrid, then noticed that the article was published in 2003! Is the Asylum taking ideas from random blogs?

Cuase, that would not surprise me at all.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Considering that Sargeant Calhoun is at least partly based off Samus Aran, it's a nice little reference I felt.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Choco1980 posted:

That show was so so good. Too good for a Disney toon. Between that and the Gargoyle's Quest games, I was left with a soft spot for the creatures in general. Kinda weird that Brooklyn's wings are invisible there.

(Also, am I the only one who noticed that the show's casting agent kind of used Star Trek: TNG cast members as shorthand for villain casting? )

Nope. And that's why I loved it.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

tagelthebagel posted:

I know most Edgar Wright stuff is all subtle in general. But at the beginning they talk about smoking pot and getting paranoid at one point. And once they get to the bar after the Bee Hive they get paranoid again at that bar. I have watched the movie multiple times and did not make that correlation as I did the more obvious ones. Thought it was clever.

And which movice is this?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

sebmojo posted:

Rick Moranis keeps getting locked out of his apartment; ironic, since he is THE KEYMASTER.

Holy poo poo.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Just a thought, isn't "Dear John" a shorthand for a breakup letter?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

FreudianSlippers posted:

PETER JACKSON: When Wormtongue rises up and comes up behind Saruman to stab him, of course it was my job as director to talk to Christopher Lee and to explain to him what I wanted, so I started to go into this long explanation about what sort of sound he should make when he got stabbed.
CHRISTOPHER LEE: I seem to recall I did say to Peter, “Have you any idea what kind of noise happens when somebody’s stabbed in the back?” And I said, “Well, because I do.” It’s [mimics being stabbed] because the breath’s driven out of your body.
PETER JACKSON: He proceeded to talk about some very clandestine part of World War II.
BARRIE OSBORNE: He used to be in the British Secret Service, whatever they were called, the OSS?
PETER JACKSON: He seemed to have expert knowledge of exactly the sort of noise that they make, and so I just sort of didn’t push the subject any further; I just said, “Well, you obviously know what to do, Christopher, so I’m sure you’ll do it great,” and he did.

Dude's pretty hardcore.

Yeah, Christopher Lee literally spent WWII stabbing Nazis in the back in Norway.

Dude is more badass than any character he played in a movie. Very few can claim to be the same.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

Well, they do establish that stuff is bad and makes the person's mind fight back. Considering how delicate what they're trying to do is, they probably can't risk it.

Plus, at that point, they were trying to convince him that they were his subconcious, while his subconcious attacked him. If they started messing around with everything, then he might clue in faster.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Centripetal Horse posted:

It makes me unreasonably sad that this now has to specified. loving hell, Hollywood, can you please stop mining the past and making GBS threads on our memories with terrible reworkings of ancient movies and TV shows? I am pretty sure neither Tron nor Starsky and Hutch needed "rebooting."

Technically Tron was a sequel not a reboot. Also, I thought it was pretty decent

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Morton Haynice posted:

I hate myself for causing this.

That`s Ok. I hate you too.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

kizudarake posted:

Archer season 6, episode 4 ends with a really nice Coen Brothers-esque shot with music that calls back to Fargo. The episode is set in Wisconsin.

Also the guest star is the lead of the Fargo tv series

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've read emails from schizophrenics which make more sense than whatever you just wrote

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

and to be fair He did shoot down one of the TIE F/O fighters pursuing them before the gun got jammed into the forwards position

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

On the subject of will ferrel being a great actor in the lego movie "is lord business the bad guy?" The way he sells the realization and pain is very good.

Also the reason lord businsss wears platform shoes is that the dad is so much taller then the son IRL

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Anyone who has seen BvS. Does Ben Affleck spin in a circle?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

He woulda been jtf2 the only special force unit in the world the yanks consider better than the SAS. :canada:

Also it's jtf2 because the minister thought it would add mystery with everyone going "what happened to jtf1?"

Anyways watched cast a deadly spell last night and I liked the subtle nods to Lovecraft work (instead of the overt) like Borden's club being called the dunwhich room.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Coffee And Pie posted:

Especially because most of they time they're portrayed as duplicitous sleazeballs.

.........so Constantine is a break from the pattern how?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

If you were in that situation wouldn't you?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Subtle thing in John Wick 2 is that the sommelier is actually also a sommelier

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

It's almost like that is it :thejoke:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

rydiafan posted:

The one thing I desperately hope we eventually get in a Star Wars film is one capital ship destroying another capital ship with a broadsides. In all eight film so far every capital ship that has been destroyed has done so through strange circumstances, or a Death Star laser.

When Darth drops outta hyperspace in RO, you can see his star destroyer nuking a neb b with a broadside in about 10 seconds. Also, a couple other ships. Not all of them died from ramming.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

spog posted:

Have you met anyone called 'Hedley' ?

Yes.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Saw Baby Driver last night. Nice subtle moment.

in the fantasy sequence Baby doesn't have his scars

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

In Book of Henry, Sarah Silverman really wants to gently caress an 11 year old with incurable brain cancer.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

muscles like this! posted:

It stars Chris O'Dowd as Miles, a gangster trying to get a movie made and Ray Romano as the DTV movie producer that Miles teams up with. It airs on Epix, the movie channel, which might be why you haven't heard of it.

Also Topher Grace is on it as a B-list actor with delusions of grandeur.

So himself?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Lockback posted:

I imagine trying to get licensing these days to get Disney and WB characters next to each other like they did is probably impossible now. They can do it without the licensing but it would lose a lot.

Hell, if we're gonna see a disney/wb crossover of any kind, I'd want it to be a weird JL vs Avengers movie

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

What about Revengance

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

citybeatnik posted:

The quote from Jeremy Irons regarding the Dungeons and Dragons movie comes to mind: "I'd just bought a castle, I had to pay for it somehow."

My favourite is Michael Caine's quote about Jaws the Revenge

"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific"

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Mark Evans Jackson is in all three too. (the only lawyer in Pawnee, Kevin, Shawn).

Kristen Bell has a couple guest spots in P&R too as Leslie's Eagletonian version.

I hope Rob Lowe shows up as the opposite version of Trevor.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

minato posted:

Worth mentioning The Good Place podcast, which discusses each episode with a different crew member (actors, writers, VFX, set designers, costume designers, etc). It's hosted by William Jackson Harper who plays Shawn. It's really interesting.

You mean Mark Evan Jackson. William Jackson Harper is Chidi, who is surprisingly ripped.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Honestly? They probably recycled a rejected script for the Michael Mann Miami Vice movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Does that mean in Winter Soldier Talos is the one they see in the bed recovering to motivate Cap, while real Nick is getting healed for reals by space magic?