Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

And rightly so, that poo poo was the craziest rear end-pull Doyle ever did, including when he took up a real life cause to get a recently convicted man acquitted because he knew in his heart that the real culprit was bigfoot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Houdini set up a staged seance using all the common tricks mediums used to fool people, then ran it through again with the lights on and the tablecloth off the table so that everybody could see the strings and levers, Penn and Teller style

Doyle approached him afterwards and said "good job, I think they bought it. Now why didn't you tell me you could talk to ghosts I thought we were friends"

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The collab Lovecraft did with Robert E Howard was funnier. They passed the story around exquisite corpse style, and Lovecraft's part ended with the protagonist on an alien planet realizing that he had become one of the aliens and going gibberingly mad

Then Robert's part started with him coming to his senses, realizing that he has superpowers now and being a weird alien is actually awesome, and going on swashbuckling space adventures

We look back on Lovecraft's more problematic work as a product of his time, but it's important to know that his contemporaries were sick of his poo poo also

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Carl Weathers and Billy Dee Williams don't look all that similar, but they got confused for each other so often (because of racism) that they made a terrible movie where that was a plot point

They don't even look alike on the poster

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Patrick Warburton is a 7 foot tall actor who made his career in a 90s sitcom about a neurotic Jewish man and his weird friends who now mostly does cartoon voiceover work playing buff, lantern-jawed heroes

Brad Garrett is a 7 foot tall actor who made his career in a 90s sitcom about a neurotic Italian man and his weird family who now mostly does cartoon voiceover work playing buff, lantern-jawed villains

They couldn't be more different

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Petition for Steve Martin to change his name to Martin Long

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Baron von Eevl posted:

The theoretical Steve Short implies the existence of a theoretical Martin Martin.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

credburn posted:

I still think this is Christopher Nolan's best work.

edit: unrelated but has there ever been a crossover that includes Alien, Predator, Terminator and Robocop? Because I don't see why a c

No. There's been a terminator vs robocop, robocop vs predator, and aliens vs predator vs terminator, but never all four

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

New thread title, subforum name, official site motto and url

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

It was made for the tie-in game and it turned out so good they included it on the DVD as an extra

Now a fourth person needs to come in and correct me

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I just rewatched it and holy poo poo, nice catch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWk7d1STpGo

Also at the end of that clip there's a rare moment of a Hollywood action movie character actually doing what would be necessary to knock somebody out

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

He could have stashed it up his rear end, he just didn't want to

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I wonder how long it will be until Disney starts using ai to put Stan Lee cameos in the mcu again

You know there's somebody in the board room who's been pushing for it the whole time

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

You people are coming up with legitimately evil ideas and putting them into the world I hope you know that

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Doesn't really count because he was doing the same schtick he does today, but jack black's appearances on Mr. Show were always great. He was just some weirdo, nobody expected him to become a Hollywood a-lister

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I can't believe we talked about T2 for so long and never got into the subtle movie moment that launched a hundred pages of arguments

Right up until he shoots the t-1000, there is no indication that Arnie terminator is there to help the Connors. If you went into it blind, that moment would be a huge twist.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

It's been at least a year since the last time it was brought up. I was feeling nostalgic

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

And of course, the scene where the frozen t-1000 melts and all the little globules slowly merge back together and it looks so viscous and the fire reflections are so shiny, why that's just our old friend liquid mercury

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

drat my posts itt have been real stinkers lately huh

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I can confirm that it feels super badass to successfully pull off that shotgun lever twirl move and also that you will get in real big trouble if your dad sees you doing it even though it wasn't even loaded

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Tangible scoff

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Okay, I just watched both good Terminator movies with my partner because she said she hadn't seen them and I wanted to see if the twist theory held up. Unfortunately about ten minutes into T2 she remembered that she had, in fact, seen it before

But I can confirm at least that the shot of the frozen chunk of t-1000 starting to melt is gallium, but the drops puddling together are mercury

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTKT4_-2Mcg

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

(❔) Cousin Richie will remember that

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Mystery Men is great and if it had come out just five years later it would have smashed box office records

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

DrBouvenstein posted:

Not surprising because both The Tick and Mystery Men started as indy comics in the late 80's/early 90's, so they both have that vibe of "let's satirize a lot of the tropes and plotlines of Silver Age comics."

I don't think they ever crossed paths, but Mystery Men are part of the Flaming Carrot universe, and Flaming Carrot crossed-over with the OG TMNT comics, so the Mystery Men movie might take place in the same universe as the TMNT movies, and we'd never know!

And the ninja turtles were mutated by the same ooze that blinded young Matt Murdoch, though Marvel never acknowledged that, therefore the marvel cinematic universe is canon to Mystery Men but Mystery Men is not canon to the mcu

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I thought the night nurse was Claire from the Netflix shows

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

You do not under any circumstances "gotta hand it to em"

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Samovar posted:

Honestly, that's the best way to experience Bond films. They're godawful.

PYF Bad Movie Opinion

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I don't know why the movies keep acting like it's the same person. People love the idea that James Bond is a code name, just look at how many times it's popped up itt over the years. I thought we were past this bullshit with Craig, but then they decided no, wait, it's not a reboot after all, hey look it's the car from Goldfinger

Like, don't play into it, that would ruin it, but don't have one Bond weeping at the grave of another Bond's wife

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

There's a mailing list that you can join that will send you the letters and newspaper clippings from Dracula in order as the dates take place over the course of a couple of months. This year's is almost over but you can sign up for next year here: https://draculadaily.com

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Philippe posted:

There's even a substack that emails you chapters of Dracula on the day they took place! It's a great way to read the novel. https://draculadaily.substack.com/about

You don't loving say :mad:

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

So a couple of days ago I was watching Twilight Zone with some friends and we got to It's a Good Life, you know, the one with the little boy who has godlike powers. I never understood where the social commentary was in that episode, the other ones were all very clear with their message but that one always just seemed like "Did you see that poo poo? Wild." Rod Serling even says at the end "No comment here. No comment at all."

Then somebody pointed out how much the setting looks like Leave it to Beaver, and that's when it clicked. It was satire of all those lovely saccharine tv shows that littered the airwaves in the 50s and 60s. A small town where nobody ever leaves and nobody new ever arrives, everything is good and nobody ever says or even thinks a negative thought, and the whole town knows and loves this one little boy

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Some of the smartest people I know are complete morons

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Cat Hatter posted:

Oh I was just agreeing that they could've had a utopia had anyone in charge actually wanted one.

That applies to almost every point in human history

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The way the water cycle works, every single molecule of water you've ever drank in your life has been pissed out by multiple dinosaurs. And with how many priests have been blessing water for so many centuries, all the water in the lakes, rivers and ocean in the world is holy water, which is why we don't have draculas anymore