Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Liar Lyre posted:

I found a great one in The Avengers. It's really minor spoilers, but I'm just gonna tag the whole thing.

If you've seen the movie, you probably remember the shawarma joke Iron Man says along with the shawarma scene after the credits. Well there is another scene with shawarma. When Iron Man flies through the big monster and crash lands in the street, he's right in front of the shawarma place. In fact, when he says he saw the place earlier he quite possibly meant a few minutes ago rather than days/weeks/months ago like most people would think. It really made my second viewing a lot more awesome.

Also concerning the end of the Avengers:

Stark tries calling Pepper, but once he goes through the portal, the icon on his HUD says "Call Failed."

I read somewhere that everything on Iron Mans HUD makes sense, and isn't just tech stuff to make it look complicated and cool. Someone from the Air Force helped design the layout for it. Pretty awesome stuff considering we only get to see it backwards and almost transparent. There are also different HUDs for each suit he wears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Abugadu posted:

For Prometheus, such a tiny touch that had no bearing on the plot or anything, just great detail:

When the camera goes to a close up of the 'blood' on David's fingertip, you can see a "W" stitched into his fingerprint.

They showed this during David's "promo" video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOOJl5lWNfM

Michael Fassbender is easily the best thing about Prometheus.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Piedmon Sama posted:

In Skyfall, there's a scene where Bond ponders a painting of a steam ship towing an old ship of the line (a sail-powered warship) into harbor, symbolizing the inevitable fate of all things to be surpassed and replaced. There's a lot said in the movie about how Bond's "old-school" ground-pounding gun-blasting method of espionage is now dated, and how Bond himself is aging out of commission.

At the end of the movie in M's office, there's a painting above the mantle: a row of ships arrayed in a line of battle, under a glorious blaze of sail. :britain:

I was expecting to see one of the new modern Astons in the film, then we them going from a new Jag to the DB5. :3: Definitely ties into that theme.