Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stormtroopman
Jan 28, 2009

Clarington Grey posted:

In The Empire Strikes Back, there's the scene where Darth Vader disposes of Admiral Ozzel with the psychic stranglehold. As the Admiral collapses to the floor, some guy sitting at a console in the background does a great double-take where he looks down at the Admiral, then up at Vader with an "oh poo poo" expression, then goes right back to work.

The Star Wars series is full of little things like this. When the two droids are hiding in the control room of the Death Star in Episode IV, a group of stormtroopers barges in and one near the back hits his head on the door, complete with sound effect. As a nod to this, in Episode II, Jango Fett is entering his ship and the hatch slams closed on his helmet.

The Shawshank Redemption has some subtle lines in it, as well. When the fat guy is blubbering in his cell and Hadley comes to shut him up, the prisoners shout replies to this protests:

"I don't belong here!"
"Me neither, they run this loving place like a prison!"

"I want my mother!"
"I've had your mother! She wasn't that great!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU