Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schlinky
Mar 12, 2009

...Too much drink.
Having recently watched Cypher, I guess this is the most fresh in my memory. While it's an okay Sci-Fi film, I found the ending scene absolutely brilliant:

At the end of the film, we find out that our protagonist Morgan Sullivan is in fact Sebastian Rooks, the man who was supposedly assisting Morgan throughout his ordeal. What I loved is that the character is played by Jeremy Northam, an English actor, who puts on a generic croaky American accent (a bit like how Hugh Laurie does in House). However, at the very end when Morgan has reverted back to being Rooks, he returns to speaking in an English accent.

It's only a few lines at most, and it's a very subtle voice change, but it works incredibly well. The central point of the plot being about brainwashing and end up being someone else completely - for Rooks, that includes believing yourself to being an American, complete with psuedo accent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU