Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Bown posted:

If you were talking about any other filmmakers, I'd say you were reaching massively, but I can completely see this being the case with Wright/Pegg. God drat.

Wright himself points it out in the dvd commentary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Helios Grime posted:

I never saw the movie so can you explain to me the significance of that part? Is it like a cliffhanger ending or so?

Edit: Oops read the posts above, so it's just a scene to tell us that the monster is from space I guess.

According to the people behind it, it's a satellite piece that broke off and crashed into the water, which woke the monster.

It's a pretty strangely over-complicated bit of information which really, really isn't important at all.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Nucleotide Oracle posted:

Similar to that, Sheriff Earl McGraw from the first movie is played by the same guy who played Esteban Vihaio in the second movie, Michael Parks.

Parks' McGraw also appeared, in some form or another, in every From Dusk 'til Dawn movie, if I recall correctly.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

muscles like this? posted:

One thing I like about the first Men in Black movie is how misleading the entrance exam is. They start off with a written test but its not so much the actual test itself but how its completed. They show all the military guys having trouble marking the paper but Jay thinks outside the box and just moves the coffee table over to his chair. Then there's the shooting range where you aren't supposed to just shoot the first alien you see, which would be counter productive for an agency that deals with human/alien relations.

My two favourite things about that scene are things no one else has mentioned yet, where J laughs, Z asks him why and he responds that he finds it really funny that the guy is super excited but has no idea why he's here, he then says 'but...ya'll ain't laughing, though...' and trails off awkwardly, at which point it cuts to K, who is laughing behind the glass.

That and Z remarking that all the other recruits, with their fatal lack of self awareness or common sense are 'everything we've come to expect from years of government training'.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Two Finger posted:

The one where he dives into a pit and it's filled with broken glass?

Oh yeah. That and the sheer amount of lead that gets thrown around without hitting anything make that final gunfight so amazing.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Unmature posted:

It was [OLD SUIT].

Pretty sure it's not. It's one of the ones that open in the back that you can just 'step into', which is only used for the suits introduced in that film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Polaron posted:

I assumed it was the suit from Avengers, which HAS to have a method of putting it on that doesn't involve falling from a skyscraper.

It might be. I don't think it is, though. I think the only time you see those suits is when they're in the glass cases.

The point of him rocking around in a beat-up suit isn't that he's rolling around in a travel-suit or anything, though, it's because of his crippling PTSD and because his suits are the only place he feels safe.