Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Rabbit Hill posted:

In Ghost Dog, there's a moment when Forrest Whitaker walks down a populated city street. As he passes each person, they coincidentally happen to turn away from him or get distracted by something else, so not one person sees him walk by. He is effectively invisible.
The Big Lebowski does something similar with Sam Elliot's exit at the end; Elliot starts to leave crossing behind the Dude (screen) right-to-left, then midway through stops and goes the other way. The Dude follows him over his left shoulder, then turns his head to continue following over his right. From that perspective Elliot would seem to vanish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
I love Pulp Fiction, but The Bonnie Situation seriously reeks of "my wife is black, how can I be racist?"

Other Pulp Fiction subtlety: Koons' (Christopher Walken) monologue traces the Coolidge watch though 3 generations. The first two stories, WWI and WWII, are well-rehearsed, family-friendly tales of sacrifice and nobility. But when Koons reaches his personal Vietnam experience, he pauses...then launches into the obscene/absurd Hanoi-pit-of-Hell-uncomfortable-hunk-of-metal-up-my-rear end-for-7-years bit.

Koons spent so much time memorizing and practicing the stories of his friend, that when it came time to tell his own, he completely loses his poo poo.