Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Blood Nightmaster posted:

(Both scenes are also notable for featuring the Pizza Planet truck, which to my knowledge has shown up somewhere in pretty much every Pixar film to date.)

Yep. Pretty crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

eithedog posted:

You've reminded me of Cloverfield - at the end of the movie, on the recording preceeding the events we can see an object falling from the sky:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGBf0uhExFU&t=22s

I always think that clip is reaching, or maybe too subtle, because every time I try to watch for it, even in slow-mo, I can never ever see it. Although as long as we're talking about Cloverfield, here's something I saw on a Cracked article: Not sure if we can count movie posters for subtle movie moments, but I thought it was cool:

If you take the poster from the movie...

Then put a mirror of it right next to it...

... it comes out looking remarkably like the monster.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
One of my favorite little touches in The Dark Knight is during the end, when Batman uses his sonar lenses or whatever to catch Joker, it makes his eyes completely white, making him look more like he's always drawn in comics/animation.

I'm not sure if that was intentional (probably not), but I've always thought it was cool.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

GAINING WEIGHT... posted:

There's some pretty cool call forwards in Toy Story 2 that reference Toy Story 3. The prospector asks Woody if Andy will take him when he goes to college, which is a central point in 3, as well as telling Woody in the airport conveyor belt room that he's destined to end up rotting in a garbage dump somewhere - which turns out to be the climactic scene in 3. I'm sure there are others. That's such an excellent series.

As long as you're mentioning Toy Story 3, I always thought the opening action scene was pretty great as it directly references the two other "play time" sequences in the series, the first scene in Toy Story 1 (force field dogs and the dinosaurs that eat them) and the scene in 2 when Woody gets his arm ripped (death by monkeys, Evil Dr. Porkchop).